Wine & Dine 2019 (Oct 31 - Nov 3), Registration Mar 19

TheProphetPaul

Earning My Ears
I'm so excited about running in next year's race, I can hardly contain it, it will be my first half marathon. So, I'm creating this post as an outlet. Anyone else already looking forward to next year?

To make the trip more exciting, it will be our first to WDW. I've already booked a room from 10/30 - 11/7. DW, DS4, DS3, and I are going to hit up all 4 parks, and I'm going to run all 3 races. It will surely be exhausting, but a trip for the ages.

Some questions I have...

1. The plan is to get an 8AM dining reservation inside Animal Kingdom the morning of the 5k. Has anyone visited the park immediately following the race? If so, what did you do after the race, but before the park opened? I'm not sure I'll have the time to go back to the room, shower, and return to AK. So, I figure I will find a bathroom, give myself a wet-wipe shower, and wait around for DW and kids to arrive.

2. I'd like my boys to run in the 200-m dash race. Anyone care to elaborate on that event, like how it's organized, is it worth going to, etc.?

I'm sure I'll have more questions soon.

1. The plan is to get an 8AM dining reservation inside Animal Kingdom the morning of the 5k. Has anyone visited the park immediately following the race? If so, what did you do after the race, but before the park opened? I'm not sure I'll have the time to go back to the room, shower, and return to AK. So, I figure I will find a bathroom, give myself a wet-wipe shower, and wait around for DW and kids to arrive.

2. I'd like my boys to run in the 200-m dash race. Anyone care to elaborate on that event, like how it's organized, is it worth going to, etc.?
I’m not one to go directly to a park after a race without showering. I always make sure I have time to do so. Plenty of people do it though.

Kids races take place at ESPN Wide World of Sports. They are fun for the kids. You show up at the time of your race and the kids run and get their medal and you’re done.

We did the kid's race two years ago at Wine and Dine and it was such a dang hassle. It was our only day at AK we had planned, so we went to AK for a bit and then left and drove to ESPN WWoS. Then it was a lot of standing around and waiting. After the race, they had activities for the kids but we wanted to get back to the park so my kid was bummed about that. The race was good, we got cute pictures, she always has a great time. But it is just SO time consuming to do kid's races if you also have things planned that day. So just keep that in mind.

Hello! I am also pretty excited. I just booked yesterday so it’s official at this point!
I have never done a park immediately after a race without going back to the room at stretching, showering, etc. A half marathon as you can imagine takes a lot out of you especially after having to be on a bus at 3:30am. I would suggest a celebratory lunch

If I had the extra $ and knew Room only packages were an option (as I’m an AP) I’d of already signed up....
Hope to do at least the 10k again though may add the 5k or make it my first half with the challenge

If I had the extra $ and knew Room only packages were an option (as I’m an AP) I’d of already signed up....
Hope to do at least the 10k again though may add the 5k or make it my first half with the challenge

We were able to do room-only with bibs through a TA yesterday, so it's possible with an AP. FYI!

How quickly do the races sell out? Should I be looking into getting some bib-included package now to make sure I don't miss out on a race? I'd like to do all three.

How quickly do the races sell out? Should I be looking into getting some bib-included package now to make sure I don't miss out on a race? I'd like to do all three.
5K and 10Ks will sell out pretty quickly. Half and Challenge will take a little longer.

We just did the 5K last week and went to the park right after. We ended up toward the front of the last corral. In the words of Baymax, I am not fast, and we finished with plenty of time to take pics, get ice, wait in line to meet Mickey, potty stop and still make it to the entrance line before 8 where we enjoyed a lovely breakfast of our race snack boxes.

They started letting people through the tapstiles around 8:30 and we had finished both rides in Pandora by 9:15. We wandered around and took a few photos and were on our way back to the buses by 10:15 for a late real-ish breakfast and naps.

It worked so well that we will probably do the same thing for the Star Wars races in April (only DH is running this time since we will be bringing the kiddos DD5 and DS3). We will meet him at the end of the races and head in to the parks for a couple hours before we head back for a rest.

I would say to skip the early breakfast reservation and use that time to do rides or characters when the lines are at their absolute lowest. If you do want to do a park breakfast, book it for like 10:30 or wait until lunch time.

It worked so well that we will probably do the same thing for the Star Wars races in April (only DH is running this time since we will be bringing the kiddos DD5 and DS3). We will meet him at the end of the races and head in to the parks for a couple hours before we head back for a rest.
FWIW Star Wars 5K is in Epcot

Yeah, I meant to be clearer than I was. We will walk up to Epcot in April after the 5K. My point was really that it’s so convenient to get great rope drop positioning after the races.

Are the characters spots and/or entertainment the same for each race of the weekend? What I'd like to know is if I'll miss out on something by only running the half, and not the 10k as well.

Are the characters spots and/or entertainment the same for each race of the weekend? What I'd like to know is if I'll miss out on something by only running the half, and not the 10k as well.
No they change with each race and each weekend.

Nope I’ve done the 10k all three years while there were a few repeats it was all different plus all three years the course was different (I can post character lists if you want)

Has Disney released when registration dates will be? They switched over from Active.com last year so we can't really compare last year's registration to this year...?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!