Wine and Dine?

marikujawa

Arblover
Has anyone done the Wine and Dine dining plan? If so, how restricted are the selections? Do you think it's a good value? Any information would be appreciated.

I've never done it but I don't want to. Don't want to do the dining plan either but that's another subject. I have TIW so I get 20% off all the wine I buy at restaurants anyway.

The wine and dine plan is $40 per night per reservation and you get one wine credit per night. Wines costing up to $50 cost one credit. Wines costing between $50-100 cost 2 credits. Wines costing $100 or more are excluded. So the "value" is going to depend on which wines you select - because there isn't a whole lot of value involved in selecting a wine that costs less than $40 (or $80 if you are spending 2 credits), adjust for added tax because I think the tax is included in the plan.

Thanks, your reply was incredibly helpful. Wine and Dine is not for us. But we are annual passholders, so we will look into TIW. My husband and I are going by ourselves in May, and the dining plan will probably be too much food. It seems TIW will be a better value.

As a note, it appears as though the W&D plan is being canceled for 2012. There's no options to select it and there was a response over on Mom's panel that it's not being continued (this was a few weeks ago, so may be difficult to find).

Obviously, this is just conjecture with those two sources suggesting it at this point and we'll have to wait and see until 2012 gets here, but just tossing a heads up.

(And likely, if it is being canceled, it's due to all that stuff Nala said up there with cost and all that jazz).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter