Wine and Dine...to the Finish Line! Fall 2017 TR NEW 1/25 The Last Day - THE END!

midnight-jpg.345527

Absolutely the truth! Haha.

THANK YOU!!!

I have never seen my corner decked out for the holidays.

Love it!

I'll let you know how it looks like in a week and a half when we head down there!

I didn't know that RnR is now a Tier 2. HOORAY!!! That's what happens when you don't study up on changes because there is no trip on the horizon.

Yup it's Tier 2 now, yay!! All the Toy Story rides are now Tier 1. Which sucks is that I have to choose between Toy Story Mania and Slinky Dog. Considering how many times we've been on TSM, I picked Slinky Dog for all of them on our upcoming trip (we have 4 FP+!)

Your meals at GF Café and Morimoto Asia both look great. I love the sound of the pancakes. The onion soup looked fantastic.

It was a fantastic foodie day, at least during the day time!

Thanks for the detailed info on the food at Morimoto. I loved learning about the preparation and basis of the dishes you got. Also appreciate the warning about the dumplings. I agree that it is easy to get some pretty decent dumplings, so why pay more?

Yeah the dumplings were not worth it but everything else was!

Those pancakes sound delicious and why not have a side of French onion soup! Yum!

I like to have a good balance! Esp when it's a little cooler out during the daytime.

I'm the type of person who wonders how many people worked through the night to take down the Halloween décor and put up the Christmas. I love watching those specials on tv showing the parks being decorated for Christmas.

I know! We saw some of it being prepared the day before when we were there for Hollywood and Vine but then bam, overnight everything went up.

Chewie just makes me smile and I'm not even that big of a Star Wars fan.

He does! He's such a fuzzball. Love him.

Good to see Dee's Corner looking festive!

:santa:

That's too bad that the dumplings were disappointing, but how interesting that your Buri-Bop was prepared at the table.

Yeah I would not order the dumplings again. They have other dumplings which we may try but these were too boring to be worth 11 bucks.
The Buri-Bop was great! The bring out the bowl, which is sizzling and they pour the sauce and mix it up tableside.

If there was a MNSSHP on November 1st, I take it the Halloween décor was still up at MK?

Yes thank goodness it was, otherwise I'd be really confused...I wouldn't know if I should say Trick or Treat or Merry Christmas!! :rotfl:

I'm obsessed! And that CM in the back :lovestruc

Thanks!! I know, it looks like a throwback picture! Could be Walt just looking up at the castle he never got to see...

Crazy! But I'm such a sucker for Disney Christmas decorations...

They are really pretty! It was nice to get both holidays in a week. It's just...a super fast turnaround!

Awww, look at you all holding hands on RnRC. The sweetest :love:

Haha thanks, we figure since it was our anniversary and all...

What a great anniversary lunch!

Thank you! It was wonderful!

Sounds like an amazing way to spend an anniversary!! :) Your dessert looked almost too cute to eat!!

I love that dessert, it's just so fun to eat and there's so many textures and flavors going on.

Love that selfie!

Thank you!

Sounds like a great start to your anniversary! Brunch looks delicious!

Brunch was so yummy we really enjoyed it! Thank you!

So funny that you went from Halloween to Christmas over night. Disney doesn't waste any time!

Nope they sure didn't! :teleport:

I was excited to see your restaurants today! We are trying to hammer out where we are going for Labor Day weekend now. I want to do resort breakfasts and dinners :) Zack brought up Morimoto last night so I'm off to look at their menu again. The pancakes and biscuits at GFC look amazing.

We really like Morimoto. We've been there 3 or 4 times now. Each time has been great, and we've had casual food like ramen, to their omakase dinner which you have to reserve in advance. So there's something for everyone!
GFC was really delicious. Those pancakes were amazing. I'm trying to decide between breakfast there or at The Wave on our January trip (staying at the Poly) but maybe I'll just go to them all. :)

All of your PP pics look great! And I love your castle selfie!

Thank you!!

At least Disney waited until Nov 1st, that's much better than retail stores :)

Haha, you're right!!

What the heck???

Holding out on us? I expect better from you! You should be ashamed!!!!!

Yes yes, I am hanging my head in shame. :rolleyes:
Actually I also ran out of picture space in my previous update.
but yes I did have a tripreport fail. What is the punishment? :scratchin

Oh, Lord... YUM!

It was very yum.

Staawwwppp!!!

OK. I STAWWWPPED.

Yeah... I can see that and.... that's just... weird.
I mean, you'd think if they were doing MNSSHP still that they'd keep the Halloween theme throughout the entire resort.

No, they cannot wait, they must capitalize on every second so that people will see, ooh Christmas decor! And start buying Christmas merchandise.

#bunheadfail

This sums up my entire hair destiny.

:) Cute shot of you guys.

Thanks!

Okay, now that's a cool shot. :)

Thanks!

That sounds pretty good. I could see myself ordering that.

It's yummy!

Yeah... if that's a shot of all you got.... nope.

Yup nope.

This is all new to me. Not familiar with any of that. Asian or Italian.

It wouldn't say it's a widely used condiment but it's very tasty!

Now that looks really interesting!

It's good!

What is that? I know tuna tartar or beef tartar but never heard of Toro? Is that a fish?

Toro is the Japanese term for fatty tuna. It's the best part of the tuna!

My girls like Mochi, but.... coconut. Nope.

the coconut is blended into the mango. I don't even think you'd know that it's there! Well, maybe you can since you have coconut radar.

At least I'm consistent. :) What usually happens is that the comments are saved on the site in the comments section, cause I'm sometimes working on a response over several days. Then I'll finish it on my computer, and forget I finished it, and do it again on my phone. :laughing:

Haha I know it's happened to me before, and sometimes I forget if I replied to someone and I reply again.

We are going for dinner in March with my parents!

Yay! How fun!

I would have photoshopped him out! :laughing:

I would have too if it were some regular tourist guy but this CM made it look a bit like a throwback vintage picture so I thought it was cool.

Oh yeah it is! I plan on having a bowl in a little over 48 hours from now!

So lucky!!!

I know! Talk about annoying.

I guess it was bound to happen. They need to capitalize on every season. It was interesting to witness this first hand though!

I'm so happy to hear this! I hope it is still there when I go in March!

I hope so too! I hope they move TSM to Tier II though, that would be awesome, although I don't think they would do that.

That sounds really good!

it's yummy!

Unfortunately, as much as I like Morimoto Asia, everything is expensive, but those look like they could have come out of a bag.

Yes agreed!

Your Halloween trip report is getting me really excited for my trip over Halloween this year! How were the crowds?

Yay! So fun!
The crowds were a little more than I expected because of Food and Wine but also it was a race week. There were definitely more adults who made up the crowds and less families with kids. It wasn't the worst crowds but I guess I thought it would be a little lighter...still, a nice time to go and the weather was wonderful, despite the two days of cooler weather!

es yes, I am hanging my head in shame. :rolleyes:
Actually I also ran out of picture space in my previous update.
but yes I did have a tripreport fail. What is the punishment? :scratchin

None. Running out of room is a valid reason.

OK. I STAWWWPPED.

:laughing:

No, they cannot wait, they must capitalize on every second so that people will see, ooh Christmas decor! And start buying Christmas merchandise.

Oh! You’re absolutely right.

Toro is the Japanese term for fatty tuna. It's the best part of the tuna!

So I almost was right. :)

the coconut is blended into the mango. I don't even think you'd know that it's there! Well, maybe you can since you have coconut radar.

I’d know. Oh, I’d know.

Hi- I found your SOLO trip report as I am thinking of doing a solo trip next April and wanted to read others experiences. Your TR was great! I love how you describe everything (the good and the bad) and I love the mix of information and pictures. Perfect mix! After reading that your writing style sucked me in and I went back and read all of the TRs that you have done. I have got to say you and your DH can eat! Haha. I think its great and I love to see where you are going to eat next. You are lucky that you have a partner that loves the same things that you do (including Disney :-)).

Quick question- for my solo trip I am thinking of doing a meal at someplace that I can sit at a bar or in a lounge. I would like a place that has good non-alcoholic drinks, is comfortable for a single traveler, and good small plates/appetizers. My thinking so far is either Nomad Lounge, California Grill lounge (for the fireworks view since it rained the last time I ate there :() or Jock Lindsey's Bar. What are your thoughts?

Thanks again for your TRs and I look forward to reading more.

I remember that massive decoration switch. It was very wild, especially since we were just trick or treating at home the night before. Loved the xmas decorations though. I am looking forward to doing the xmas party for the first time in November and for DS to see the holiday decorations, since we had left him at home last year. Your carbs are killing me. I really need to crack down after a huge year of splurging on food and not really exercising:(

Not sure, given the choice, I'd do Halloween over Christmas every time, but I am super glad I did see them once and get to experience the Castle Lighting. I adored the DHS ones a lot, maybe most of all the parks.

I have Morimoto on my list for this trip and appreciate your review. I think it'll be a hard pass on those dumplings. Too little for too much $. The mix at the table dish sounds fun. We have some amazing Bim Bap here in Salem that I've been to a couple of times, but nothing that fancy and not a table-prepared dish. Would consider that. :)

Last edited:
None. Running out of room is a valid reason.

Glad you agree with me!

Oh! You’re absolutely right.

i'm always right!

So I almost was right. :)

Right. But not as right as me.

Hi- I found your SOLO trip report as I am thinking of doing a solo trip next April and wanted to read others experiences. Your TR was great! I love how you describe everything (the good and the bad) and I love the mix of information and pictures. Perfect mix! After reading that your writing style sucked me in and I went back and read all of the TRs that you have done. I have got to say you and your DH can eat! Haha. I think its great and I love to see where you are going to eat next. You are lucky that you have a partner that loves the same things that you do (including Disney :-)).

Hi! Thank you so much for reading! We are for sure big foodies and love to eat :)

Quick question- for my solo trip I am thinking of doing a meal at someplace that I can sit at a bar or in a lounge. I would like a place that has good non-alcoholic drinks, is comfortable for a single traveler, and good small plates/appetizers. My thinking so far is either Nomad Lounge, California Grill lounge (for the fireworks view since it rained the last time I ate there :() or Jock Lindsey's Bar. What are your thoughts?

For sure Nomad Lounge should be a stop - the best drinks, including a favorite non alcoholic one, the Jenn's Tattoo. They also have a great small plates menu as well.
I haven't been to California Grill lounge yet, but it sounds great esp when you can have a fireworks view. I have stopped at Spice Road Table in Epcot for just drinks and apps one year and it was really nice too. Actually I would have no issue going to any place solo except for maybe Character dining as I think it would be too hard to get someone to keep taking pictures of me, I'd just feel bad. Teppan Edo is also another place I think is more fun with a group. But I would pretty much go anywhere solo come to think of it.

Thanks again for your TRs and I look forward to reading more.

Thank you for reading!! We embark on our next trip this Saturday (sept 1st!) looking forward to writing another TR!

I remember that massive decoration switch. It was very wild, especially since we were just trick or treating at home the night before. Loved the xmas decorations though. I am looking forward to doing the xmas party for the first time in November and for DS to see the holiday decorations, since we had left him at home last year. Your carbs are killing me. I really need to crack down after a huge year of splurging on food and not really exercising:(

Wasn't it so weird? I guess I wasn't in the Holiday spirit just yet considering it had just been Halloween. It was really great to be able to see both sets of decorations though!
I know what you mean. I am hoping that I don't let myself go as much as I did last year, it is so hard though!

Not sure, given the choice, I'd do Halloween over Christmas every time, but I am super glad I did see them once and get to experience the Castle Lighting. I adored the DHS ones a lot, maybe most of all the parks.

DHS did a good job with the Christmas decorations! I didn't notice any in Epcot, did you? But maybe I wasn't paying attention in that park and it's more spread out.

I have Morimoto on my list for this trip and appreciate your review. I think it'll be a hard pass on those dumplings. Too little for too much $. The mix at the table dish sounds fun. We have some amazing Bim Bap here in Salem that I've been to a couple of times, but nothing that fancy and not a table-prepared dish. Would consider that. :)

I would definitely skip the dumplings! The bibimbap is a bit different at Morimoto, it doesn't have the spicy red sauce which is definitely more Korean, and this one is a soy-based sauce which went very well with the yellowtail. I definitely think this is one of the better dishes at Morimoto. I have heard the spare ribs are excellent but I don't eat a lot of ribs to begin with but I may try it since it gets such rave reviews.

Glad you agree with me!

For sure Nomad Lounge should be a stop - the best drinks, including a favorite non alcoholic one, the Jenn's Tattoo. They also have a great small plates menu as well.
I haven't been to California Grill lounge yet, but it sounds great esp when you can have a fireworks view. I have stopped at Spice Road Table in Epcot for just drinks and apps one year and it was really nice too. Actually I would have no issue going to any place solo except for maybe Character dining as I think it would be too hard to get someone to keep taking pictures of me, I'd just feel bad. Teppan Edo is also another place I think is more fun with a group. But I would pretty much go anywhere solo come to think of it.

Thanks for your opinion. I am definitely going more towards Nomad Lounge. I just think that it looks like a cool place to hang out. I also forget about Spice Road. I have walked by it hundreds of times but always forget, haha. I don't know how easy it would be to get into California Grill close to the fireworks. Who knows maybe I will try them all! Have fun on your trip!

Ok I'm back from a week in Cabo and trying to catch up with all the various trip reports I've been reading lately lol

Love all the Halloween stuff, getting super excited for our first WDW Halloween experience in less than 60 days :thumbsup2 But how weird to go to bed on Halloween and wake up and walk into Christmas :confused3:rotfl:

You two are so cute in your matching shirts.....awwwwwww :lovestruc:lovestruc

Your meal at Morimoto looked divine! We have Morimoto booked for lunch the day after our Halloween party so definitely noted: no dumplings (I'm not a fan anyway) and start with the portobello fries. I just showed my dh your photos from the meal and he's like "I NEED to try those fries. And hands off woman, get your own!" :rotfl2: Cannot wait to your halloween party posts :bounce:

So sad all empty!

I went to take a walk and stumbled upon a PP photographer over by Indiana Jones. I never saw one here before!

That's a really fun spot to see a PP

we got a ticket to come back at any time during out meal as there was a bit of a line right now.

That's nice of them! Seems much more efficient

The Kraken Pasta - the black squid ink pasta, was delicious! It was garlicky and buttery, and the pasta was perfectly al dente which is rare in buffets.

This sounds delicious!

We got some visitors! Goofy was first. He had a Halloween Cowboy look. His belt buckle is a spider!

He looks so cute in his costume! I think it's my favorite

It looked like there was no line for Minnie so we went up to get our picture. Her outfit is so cute!

Aww she's adorable!

In fact, at my sister's request we ARE doing this Halloween seasonal dine during our September trip coming up next month.

Sounds like the perfect meal for her!

Yes, I KNOW. We are THAT couple,

Well, if you must be a couple I say be THAT couple! Life's more fun that way!

What a fantastic start to the meal!

and I am usually a pancake purist and don't like a lot of toppings but these complemented each other perfectly.

Yes!!!! I am also a pancake purist too!

...the Christmas decorations!

The BEST Christmas decorations! But also funny that you hadn't even attended the Halloween party and it was Christmas elsewhere in the World

We headed to Disney Springs for an early evening anniversary dinner at one of our favorites: Morimoto Asia

Sounds like a really lovely meal for an anniversary

Mini PTR - Sept 1-9 2018

Hey everyone! Taking a brief moment in the TR to write up some PTR stuff for our trip next week! Since I don't really have a personal PTR going on (just our Epic Girls Trip PTR) I don't think I will change anything at this point as I don't want to mess with it again! It has actually changed quite a bit since I first made my ADRs, plus they released all the Annual Passholder events and Frozen Dessert Parties just recently. Luckily all of it just fell into slots with minimal changes needed. I may add a breakfast at Ale and Compass somewhere but just didn't want to commit to it now. I'm hoping since our flight is so early on Saturday that we can get to the Beach Club at a decent time and have a nice breakfast there, otherwise we'll probably munch on some quick service somewhere.

Dates: Sept 1-9th (4 more days!)
Where: Beach Club
Who: Myself, Steve, and Su-Queen (Chunkysis!)

KWGL8FU6B-kR8bb_RQY_ZxN33cNIBYR5iP_WqER3knexcVpbG53jgrCz_1IQ8B6vnBzN-9umPiKRlzJnPJNDmzopiu-gh2JWLZObOCD4pgQSNtAetlNEZPJz4SLp_dAp55CGeLVwqThM0h4tgpUhFt_DGCiAVTM1zJDohrzRX5_CyprGFC0TwyiJMAuERVxfHtnUU-fq4NNxN3QWdb1g2A6pUg_syfrqjTXmit5_i08BMob7PiqEA99-RLHuyzBZTq7hw4DsvlnzDhlga5W8cs6LE4FtgyAJkqxN8zaip-_rbn41bwv2GRMU5EfGhR4d7tgiSLAe07ucsUqMwZTsiCTAPy8fzJvS7Nf87LIn26rJqA8tD3ZB1B_5YaHQh2rbvmKZS8ZROm0T9jCuG3XbvgH6gjKtRGl8Gvpypu2c6-ylo9p0Vii2wQp4CRQ7oUgXECk-siJ13gV5P6e9hUfciugl2-zGFK4LYYRxTmC6og4IHaH0oi7B0ekbwKkD6tmtjuJZ1nuUUicFs1hjvbcjS0iN9stA-3PvwPF-70cPpyfQHzRheEqOUB8d1tpp0jVsgnfW0DNudpm4cWkxgn67MWdl6t6C7Tx6_cx_ufMHkIL0B9nAjPNTnC5vjSO7yYTy=w1614-h755-no

Yup it's back to the packed schedule full of ADRs, FPs, and Events. After my non-commital SOLO trip in June whereby I just did whatever I wanted and didn't really have much of a plan, this will be more like my other, meticulously planned trips. I enjoy it both ways, and agree that when I go with my sister and Steve it makes more sense to have a schedule rather than us looking at each other and asking "Well, what you do want to do?" back and forth. I did carve out some OPEN time so that we can do our own thing so that probably means Character meets for Su-Queen, food or Disney Springs for me, and whatever FP+ Steve can find. I've definitely scheduled a lot of time at DHS and Epcot just because of Toy Story Land and Food & Wine, plus the fact that we're at the Beach Club will make it so easy to go back and forth. We're only at MK for one morning, but we have a couple of nights there and MK at night is my favorite!

Some notes on the trip day-by-day:

Sept 1st: Hope our flight gets there in time to have a breakfast at Ale and Compass or else we'll try the Boardwalk Bakery. We'll do our first FP+ over at DHS then we go to Epcot because we have an Eat to the Beat package with Tiffany Performing so that should be a fun piece of 80's nostalgia for us. I realize now that they do offer AP passes but then my sister wouldn't be able to sit with us and I had already booked the package anyways so I kept it. I initially had Chefs de France booked but the menu was too similar to Be Our Guest and I like variety in my cuisine so I decided on Teppan Edo since it's been a while since we've been and Chunkysis has never been. Steve and I will also pick up our Passholder magnets today!

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Then back to DHS for our first ride on Slinky Dog! So excited! I've heard such great things about this ride! I purposely booked this FP+ for that time so we can ride it once at night. It was the latest FP+ I could get! Since our flight was so early, not sure how long we'll last, but maybe we can catch Fantasmic! or the SW fireworks.

Sept 2nd: Epcot today! We'll get some F+W booths in. I know it'll be crowded but we did it on opening weekend last year and it was fine, we can handle the crowds. We'll be meeting a friend for dinner at 'Ohana so I was thinking it would be nice to head to Top of the World Lounge after dinner or maybe just head into MK to watch the fireworks. We'll play it by ear.

Sept 3rd: My sister and I will do the Bon Voyage Breakfast at Al Forno and Steve decided he didn't need to do this again. Steve will just head to DHS early and we will meet him there after breakfast. We'll do our FP+ then have lunch at Mama Melrose, yum, I can just imagine that steak with mac n cheese dish! Then we'll head back to BC and get ready for MNSSHP! I am not sure what time we'll get there. I also am not sure of what we're wearing just yet. My sister has a few dresses in mind, and I am pretty sure Steve will be Gaston (obviously) and I will be Belle just not sure which version of Belle yet. Oh before MNSSHP I was hoping to run to Epcot with Steve to scan our band so that it will count as our 3rd visit of the trip.

Sept 4th: I purposely made this a late start in case we sleep in and then we're back to DHS! My goal on this trip is to get as many rides on Slinky Dog therefore we have so many Slinky Dog FP+! Then we have Minnie's Seasonal Dine at Hollywood and Vine because my sister wanted to go. We have the afternoon open and I think it'll be a good time to go swim at Stormalong Bay or go to Disney Springs. Steve and I will also check into Epcot for our 4th visit then hopefully we can pick up one of these little beauties:

DZkIm8fI3qsQ7cF5cLhUPtVZeYhJsTtgMGy3yX_NYT9b6U5SkPbftk_bkRqUyoAe8GjEGQYRssY0Xqdv4XUMyh8p5BmAjcl-xTIHz86aFCcFMlvP_mRywtNtv_2MIHH_oTncxkJji7s01dnt9aJxXZT7oahoMl_2C_aLCWwG4TxYXNEoLKYf9At0NH5rTp5KgU3tHhjLp8w3HcytHa0Kekpxg8o7byCjSmJXBZfdfcv-XHXlBY4rCfKfVsvmcjSrx5-QSv6ekhkUwJWM1SiUbRfAmwmZ5hkpOKp5cZ2QuphA4-pdguWGJbO54agTBYZ-N6wMApSesWhbKRmK2bCI01yirKjYD5iuopU2qGvDam9abJKTjyguC-07b9vx1W33CA_ARvUv3uYzr6kMRccmnB96UAYoY0nl8wI_hzDj2wRlhsK7i5q9Sda4Edo7VddaDAL1NdbWpvtNO7HaGYfjqHE40g20x02QO4XHboIkeT6Zy-XsOobHrV9UYFXdVp5JIkywPo0R3RAY7xFCgvzVP8asy5BQePsdb_QKqIRm178AHUXHW2EobbiNd37SoA-1wJvzGJbx7Wbcnd6m5acQQ3gZwTknCBabxVqwHLwlOvfP4M_1J5V6nD9DT5srLAUI=w798-h541-no

(Passholders can get one of these cute cutting boards with 4 visits to Epcot on separate days during the festival, it can be consecutive days or not but must be separate days.)

They can't run out right? It's literally only the 6th day of the festival! :laughing: Then back to the resort for dinner at Cape May Cafe. Our first time here for dinner! Not sure we'll be heading to Epcot for EMH, although I do love it during EMH, Steve and I also have the Passholder event later in the week which also lets us into Epcot after hours, but my sister will probably want to do Character Spot so maybe we'll head in for a bit.

Sept 5th: This works out to be the busiest day of the trip just because so many events I wanted to do just seemed to fall on this date. The Passholder Playtime Event for Toy Story Land is from 8-9am (Just for Steve and I since sis is not an AP holder), then we'll meet my sister at AK. I am thinking we Uber it over from DHS to AK as who knows when we'd get there if we didn't. At AK we have Adventurers Outpost FP+ first, then I definitely don't want to miss our Flight of Passage FP+. We then have a 3.5 hour event - Festival of the Lion King dining package Tier 1 it includes: Lunch at 11:30am at my personal favorite: Tiffins! and a "private safari tour" which I think happens right after lunch or after the show. Not sure what "private" means but I think that means we just get a special Safari to the package participants. We are at the 3pm show for FoTLK in a reserved section (apparently I've read that it's front row?) and that includes a cast picture at the end. Do you think I can get us all to say "Wakanda Forever?" OK just found out this does not include our picture WITH the cast but just a printed picture of the cast. :sad2:
Our third FP+ for today is for the Finding Nemo show which I don't think we can make as it starts seating right as we're in the FoTLK show. So I guess I will miss this, yet again! We won't have time for a later show as after the FoTLK show we should probably head to MK, because...we have ADRs at Be our Guest! Our reservation is at 5:35pm I hope I'm hungry for the new BoG prix fixe menu since anytime we eat at Tiffins it's like we can't eat the rest of the day! I can't find another day to change dinner to so I guess it will have to do. Hope we can catch HEA at a decent spot! (HEA happens at 8:30pm it seems during our trip). It is also MK EMH tonight! So yes, a very packed day, but I'm really looking forward to everything!

Sept 6: So @natebenma told me about the Regatta Run around the Yacht and Beach Club area and it sounds really fun, but our days are so packed that I'm not sure adding in a run, however short, would be a good idea. I heard you can sign-up while we are there, so maybe we will do that if we don't stay out too late the night before. We're back at MK today. If we do the run, then I'd have to shift our fastpasses, I'd hate to lose Peter Pan but there aren't any left until nighttime but maybe we'll get lucky and find something that works (if we do the run). After our FP we may stay longer in MK although I kinda want to try more Food and Wine booths so maybe it'll be back to Epcot a little earlier. We have a 4:30pm Food and Wine Culinary Event: Kawaii Bento Class. Very excited for this! Maybe we'll get to make something as cute as this:

FQPYwgcreQHTWaHetqfQ9bxaoek3Ty-thDzhCelS6MdgAdpEdzhpPCDmAFVVQRhZP8HPKpaWiYgdf9zh1nT7AqpZq2kIMY-qn0OWqiXgvNog7uKYVstS5pVbPY1DsylB7U1l3Jynmg7HMjNH7f7VLIMiOgiiY7V9uFxwsujut239-vQuRMGap0fiqdsVm_pxdv8S47a3VYldaiUKY4Mqcty_aQehsa6w9WioegWnl7PmxZEI59q_GLchI5tKtbUQvh7RUI2-qWkl3Z8OtWMup38_W4l3UmQS6QSj108FLEcXEyE5ZQgcvQYUaVsZREZb7sL99tkcldOTz8428PodafRxEvf7S-oO6P_iFvuEUM44c9lsscejP_Bqy-it8Daz-lmBj6EmAhLXDuTgVopz1rqb3up0CZfXXAxdwytpGiHOH1q98ZfUvfG5HHKYC_U8opNAq0IXRa4y9MtHHQY6kFTVWblZzjdbuXkP9ukxe9ITOZlWLz8l05mfwCC_--RLE1zoEXmR3QNvyzNrsD3xqv_BuMRZeMa-3cPyUMFdaKBBeeogChtt9WbopLpVjHU9L4U4kSOxkv8SIv89-fu7j5gLWEYpAkmYAQBz0TBmkQCQDGBQ1cjmcTjGPfV9L140=s588-no

(image from Little Miss Bento Blog)

I was so excited that I booked this for all of us, not realizing if Steve or Su-Queen really wanted to do it, so I said it was my treat to them, LOL. I think they are just as excited too though! After the event, which supposedly ends at 5:45pm we have to head back to the Beach Club, change, and Steve and I will go to Yachtsman for dinner. Our friend David will be serving us again and it's nice to chat with him and to see how he is. He always treats us very well and gives us nice surprises! Then it's back to Epcot for the V.I.Passholder event! I am not sure what will be open, I don't know if Food and Wine booths will be open but since we would have just had dinner we wouldn't partake anyways (maybe just desserts). I have no idea what this entails and I heard the first V.I.Passholder event at MK was disappointing. Just a glorified EMH so to speak, with no special characters or freebies. We'll see, but it may be a good time to try and ride Test Track and Soarin' a few times.

Sept 7th: We're back at AK this morning, and we have lunch at Sanaa, then perhaps some free time before Steve and I head to Epcot for our next Food and Wine Event: Sake Tasting, then dinner will be food booths, and we have the Frozen Illuminations Dessert party tonight! I was gonna book the River of Lights one because the desserts look really nice, but with the rumors of Illuminations going away I thought this would allow me to say that I did this party at least once! The ride on FEA at the end is really what drew me since I didn't want to use an FP on it.

Sept 8th: Back at DHS for the morning (more slinky dog!), followed by some free time. Although I heard they have a Super Saturday Event at Disney Springs for Passholders. I'm not sure what this entails either but they let you shop at WoD for an hour before everyone else, and there might be some surprises. Not sure if it's worth it to go, as it's from 9-10am, and I may cut it close to the end of our Slinky Dog FP. We have the afternoon free - maybe pool or something and then we head to the GF for 1900 Park Fare dinner followed by another evening at MK (our last evening!). Hoping to close out the trip with a last viewing of HEA.

Sept 9th: Our last morning, and we have breakfast at Cape May Cafe - then Steve and I will head back into Epcot. My sister only has an 8-day park hopper so she can't enter a park, she may probably head to Disney Springs or one of the other resorts to walk around (although I have kinda convinced her to get an AP especially if she wants to go on our Epic Girls Trip in May!). We only have a few hours before ME picks us up so gonna try and get some rides in, some more Food and Wine treats, and then boo, it's time to go home. :sad:

DISMeets! During the week I'll hopefully be meeting up with @amalone1013 , @cinderkelly, @dizneeat, @Woth2982 - anyone else gonna be around? :)

OK that's all! I've still got a TON of packing to do. Still have to make my list of F&W stuff I want to eat! So much to do...:laughing:

I also hope to post about last year's MNSSHP tonight or at least before we leave! :thumbsup2

Last edited:
I think MNSSHP is our main overlap. I attached our schedule, Monday and Tuesday both have Boma/BB because I can't decide if we should do that before the party or before we fly home. I think either way we cut water park time short. Originally I was thinking maybe I didn't want to get on a plane after a waterpark day, but now I'm looking at this again and thinking, maybe we sleep in a bit, do Epcot/F&W before the Halloween party, give ourselves a day off between waterparks... :scratchin

I also can't decide when to do Morimoto Sunday night. Volcano Bay hours are 9am-9pm, I know we won't be there at opening if we do a breakfast ADR. And I know we won't stay until 9pm. We can handle hours like 10am-6pm, I don't know about 12 waterpark hours! :scared: But that's why I can't decide about the dinner time, I don't want to do too early because we're also ubering to and from VB, but I don't want to be too late and we have lots of time to kill, because we would maybe eat earlier and go to MK for a little bit or something.

I just had an idea for MNSSHP costumes on Sunday at work, so now I have a bunch of clothing items from Amazon that are supposed to come tomorrow - hopefully some of them work! Otherwise, I'm not sure what we'll do as I'm working 12 hr days all week :( I booked FPs for the party day, but I really only care about Jungle Cruise since it's not open, so I'm not sure when we'll get there yet... I'm so excited for it though!

Attachments

• 2018-08-28_15-26-06.jpg
    2018-08-28_15-26-06.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 7
I enjoy it both ways, and agree that when I go with my sister and Steve it makes more sense to have a schedule rather than us looking at each other and asking "Well, what you do want to do?" back and forth.
Totally agree! Unscheduled time is fine and all, and works best when you can be selfish and don't have to think about anyone else! But when you're in a group, so much easier to have set plans!

We then have a 3.5 hour event - Festival of the Lion King dining package Tier 1 it includes: Lunch at 11:30am at my personal favorite: Tiffins! and a "private safari tour" which I think happens right after lunch. Not sure what "private" means but I think that means we just get a fastpass for Kilimanjaro Safari? Then we are seeing the 3pm show for FoTLK in a reserved section and that includes a cast picture at the end. Do you think I can get us all to say "Wakanda Forever?"
So, I was reading the reviews on this. You do the lunch and get a lanyard, plus printed cast photo (so you don't get to do a photo with the cast o_O). When it's time, you go to watch FotLK and you get escorted in to the front row of one of the sections. After the show, you stay in your spot, then are escorted to the Safari, where its just the group doing the Tier 1, and you get a special guide who gives you more info. So it's the basic Safari, just upgraded.

I'd consider doing this with my mom, but I think I decided Rivers of Light dining package makes more sense!

We have a 4:30pm Food and Wine Culinary Event: Kawaii Bento Class. Very excited for this! Maybe we'll get to make something as cute as this:

FQPYwgcreQHTWaHetqfQ9bxaoek3Ty-thDzhCelS6MdgAdpEdzhpPCDmAFVVQRhZP8HPKpaWiYgdf9zh1nT7AqpZq2kIMY-qn0OWqiXgvNog7uKYVstS5pVbPY1DsylB7U1l3Jynmg7HMjNH7f7VLIMiOgiiY7V9uFxwsujut239-vQuRMGap0fiqdsVm_pxdv8S47a3VYldaiUKY4Mqcty_aQehsa6w9WioegWnl7PmxZEI59q_GLchI5tKtbUQvh7RUI2-qWkl3Z8OtWMup38_W4l3UmQS6QSj108FLEcXEyE5ZQgcvQYUaVsZREZb7sL99tkcldOTz8428PodafRxEvf7S-oO6P_iFvuEUM44c9lsscejP_Bqy-it8Daz-lmBj6EmAhLXDuTgVopz1rqb3up0CZfXXAxdwytpGiHOH1q98ZfUvfG5HHKYC_U8opNAq0IXRa4y9MtHHQY6kFTVWblZzjdbuXkP9ukxe9ITOZlWLz8l05mfwCC_--RLE1zoEXmR3QNvyzNrsD3xqv_BuMRZeMa-3cPyUMFdaKBBeeogChtt9WbopLpVjHU9L4U4kSOxkv8SIv89-fu7j5gLWEYpAkmYAQBz0TBmkQCQDGBQ1cjmcTjGPfV9L140=s588-no
So much fun!

I was so excited that I booked this for all of us, not realizing if Steve or Su-Queen really wanted to do it, so I said it was my treat to them, LOL.
Story of my life! Always planning fun things without asking other people!

I have no idea what this entails and I heard the first V.I.Passholder event at MK was disappointing. Just a glorified EMH so to speak, with no special characters or freebies. We'll see, but it may be a good time to try and to Test Track and Soarin' a few times.
I wonder if they got enough complaints and they will do something more special at the Epcot ones?

I was gonna book the River of Lights one because the desserts look really nice, but with the rumors of Illuminations going away I thought this would allow me to say that I did this party at least once!
I do want to do ROL dessert party. But it's only on a few days a week and nothing scheduled past early November.

My sister only has an 8-day park hopper so she can't enter a park, she may probably head to Disney Springs or one of the other resorts to walk around (although I have kinda convinced her to get an AP especially if she wants to go on our Epic Girls Trip in May!).
Um, definitely! She absolutely should upgrade. And if she does it at the beginning of her trip, she'd also get the cutting board!

Can't wait to hear all about MNSSHP! We have tickets for October 8th. I haven't been in 2 years, so I'm super excited about this!!! We aren't wearing costumes, but I bought us cute tees from the Disney Store...I think you checked them out on my PTR...8-)
Have a great trip, if we don't "talk" sooner...:rainbow::yay::yay::yay::yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter