Wine and Dine...to the Finish Line! Fall 2017 TR NEW 1/25 The Last Day - THE END!

Walking past the Yacht Club, it's so pretty!
n1J6BSd4T71xqStkv-jsCt9wSGu6ldtCZ0OsxR07wZ8aUxRSQDr5lvEsLKfMQgdHYnTRMcNAoX2o3IxYSA3VjpjFClNw2VSVL5xFuzaHhXqy-1cZAb0VjC0ePsd3c63WNFmTkhtyyJPUDRb4TLhu-or7SW7tXJgCjuGwwUFjAjI7FAXs03Xp-HnO7gExT_738MESgh8mvhMA4SbjGE23cL0WVFVfvFh1sYgqYVL_EwFHtlvAvg91JDY20LRJjUOca9AW9MlTmGk1pkdXKFWI6I7LlbzbXVvBMABTUaO2FjVoBOziJQhWzdICCHReVkzmdTjvOWP6_54nlYXqP7PkZIObESqDsFjQg9uyeZ2_HAYyrhm5Ial27gL2rhhvIV-wLpWZ54Jwcwj4aziqKq-kJkvaxbUAARIfpyIy67eZkL7iXaHPJEaqNI569mhJReexuY4yz7mmi3ryEE3szZ4s9xnlYeqQjxwKGeIkibj5_HKP7zhljlj2Gt6i-JWbTleGLOJqMx7_RC-77C_EnHczQ4e7f18ZKCLcyNYjKXB8MnLEh9A9DvKtnvuY76lxnJwmfDIodXBVLYsEQ6PVFrAN8qNbZUZzp4CeuLuJlMq0=w800-h600-no

Very pretty. ::yes::

So's the building.

I think we were lazy so we took the boat over...

I remember the first time I took the boat. It was also the first time I'd been to the boardwalk resort area.
I was expecting a long ride like from DTD to POR.

We're there already???

First stop when we entered through International Gateway was France, where I got a Croissant aux Escargot

Oh? I do know one person who said it was terrible...

The croissant was filled with escargot and had a nice garlicky buttery flavor. Snails! Ew gross, but they are delicious!

... but you seem to have enjoyed it. Hmmm.... wonder if they changed their recipe?

Steve like cannot come to Epcot without getting some Fish n Chips so that's what he ended up getting at Yorkshire County Fish Shop. It was very good!

::yes:: I've had that and it is good.

the filet I thought was overcooked.

Bummer.

My first Dismeet of the trip was with my long-time DISboard friend, Betsy @tankgirl427!

Nice! Love DISmeets.

I guess I was trying to emulate their facial expressions!

And you did a good job. :)

Yes please do a TR for DL :D
The YC is so pretty as is the entire BW area can’t wait till November to be back at the BC
Love the soup from Le Cellier YUM
That’s great you got to meet up with @tankgirl!
Looking forward to hearing about Citricos we dined twice last year and loved it so much

Passion Martini Slush.
yeah wasn't my fave either.

La Vie en Rose drink better during Flower and Garden.
Hmmm not sure I have had that yet, may have to remedy that on Sunday.
My favorite so far from France is the Cosmo type drink they had NYE! Although the regular Grand Marnier slushie is pretty darn good.

Steve like cannot come to Epcot without getting some Fish n Chips so that's what he ended up getting at Yorkshire County Fish Shop
This is literally my son's happy place (Mine is France with a slushie :D)- I will make note of how long it takes from the time we hit Disney property to when he asks when we can go get his Fish n Chips in June:rotfl2:

And now I am pre-jealous that you will be back for Food and Wine (we are letting our AP's lapse after they run out in August). Oh well-still have the TR to live vicariously!:thumbsup2

I enjoyed your pictures on FB with Lesley at Disneyland, looks fun! How cool to have an event like that!

I think we just missed you in September last year, we left Disney on Labor Day! It looked really busy at F&W, we went the first day ! I think and it was so hot we couldn’t eat much, just not in the mood when sweating.:sunny:

Yay for Food & Wine!! Just seeing the picture of the area with all the twinkle lights and the chocolate booth makes me "homesick" for the festival, if that makes any sense. Truly my favorite time of the year. And hopefully some details about this year's festival will be released in the next few months! Love that cheese soup - definitely a festival staple but now that it's available year-round at the Refreshment Port I wonder if they'll switch up the booth menu. There is NOTHING like the ability to walk home after a long day at Epcot. I always have a little moment of personal glee when I head out the IG as the masses head to the front. I just hope the Skyway doesn't mean that entrance/exit becomes a hassle as well. I'm also super impressed with the new market -- they did a great job with it! Can't wait for more F&W and to hear about Disneyland!

Yes, I know what you mean. I look at all the topiaries right now and miss Flower and Garden! Even looking at old festival booklets from last year has me all nostalgic and it wasn't even that long ago, LOL. I hope all the special events for food and wine are released soon. I would really love to see what we could make and what we can't. Although I hope they are offering the Eat to the Beat concert dining package as Tiffany will be there and she was whom I listened to growing up!
Oh I didn't know they offered the cheese soup year round! That is pretty cool. I guess I don't have to go to Le Cellier anymore.
LOVE LOVE LOVE the Epcot area resorts. I wish I could stay there all the time. I also wish they still sold DVC (non resale) at those resorts as I would totally get a lot of use out of those. Although the Poly is not bad too :) I wonder where the skyway will drop off guests, I hope it won't over crowd that entrance, or hopefully they will have a separate entrance so people won't have to go through bag check twice like on the monorail to epcot. Sucks!

Baymax is a huge hit in our house--Jimmy's fav!!! When we went to meet him in January, he gave me a squeeze that literally almost knocked me off my feet :) He is so darn squishable!! Just love him.

He is so squishy! I love him too!!

Looks like you tried a lot of yummy F&W stuff!! Love your picture with Baymax, so adorable! And the ones with Joy & Sadness!

I just got a sampling of stuff, we ate more the next day!
Thank you!!

Very pretty. ::yes::

So's the building.

You mean the well-manicured lawn right? :laughing:
But thank you!! :blush:

I remember the first time I took the boat. It was also the first time I'd been to the boardwalk resort area.
I was expecting a long ride like from DTD to POR.

We're there already???

It's no jungle cruise but it gets the job done. Note, there are a lot of DRUNK guests during the evening hours taking the boat. I see lots of people with "water bottles" but filled with various colored liquids. At least stick to straight vodka or gin, or some colorless substance. Rose in a poland spring bottle tends to stand out.

Oh? I do know one person who said it was terrible...

It wasn't terrible...it wasn't amazing.

... but you seem to have enjoyed it. Hmmm.... wonder if they changed their recipe?

I did enjoy it but I like anything garlicky and buttery. I think I could have done without the croissant and just had the S Car Go.

::yes:: I've had that and it is good.

So yummy!

Nice! Love DISmeets.

Great! When's ours?

And you did a good job. :)

I'm really in tune with my emotions.

I agree, the Passion Martini didn't really do it for me

Yeah not as good as the La Vie en Rose!!

Such a cute picture!

Thank you! He's so lovable!

Yay! We were there less than 10 days ago, I'm ready to go back!

Aww lucky!!! Me too!

Yes please do a TR for DL :D

Will do!

Looking forward to hearing about Citricos we dined twice last year and loved it so much

We dined twice last year too. :)

yeah wasn't my fave either.

Seemed to be the consensus!

Hmmm not sure I have had that yet, may have to remedy that on Sunday.
My favorite so far from France is the Cosmo type drink they had NYE! Although the regular Grand Marnier slushie is pretty darn good.

So lucky you will be there! La Vie en Rose is like the Grey Goose slushie which is my fave but with a slight rose twist. It's yummy! The Gran Marnier is pretty good too.

This is literally my son's happy place (Mine is France with a slushie :D)- I will make note of how long it takes from the time we hit Disney property to when he asks when we can go get his Fish n Chips in June:rotfl2:

Haha, there is something about fried foods that is just really tasty!

And now I am pre-jealous that you will be back for Food and Wine (we are letting our AP's lapse after they run out in August). Oh well-still have the TR to live vicariously!:thumbsup2

Haha well I am living vicariously through everyone else's TRs. Can't wait until it's my turn!!

I enjoyed your pictures on FB with Lesley at Disneyland, looks fun! How cool to have an event like that!

OMG that was so much fun! I'm so happy she's written about it!! I'll probably do a little recap but she pretty much had the night down pat.

I think we just missed you in September last year, we left Disney on Labor Day! It looked really busy at F&W, we went the first day ! I think and it was so hot we couldn’t eat much, just not in the mood when sweating.:sunny:

Oh we must have just missed each other! Yeah it was really busy at F and W but then again it always is!
Definitely a little too warm to be eating so much in this weather. But I did do better the next day :)

You mean the well-manicured lawn right? :laughing:
But thank you!! :blush:

:hug:

It's no jungle cruise but it gets the job done. Note, there are a lot of DRUNK guests during the evening hours taking the boat. I see lots of people with "water bottles" but filled with various colored liquids. At least stick to straight vodka or gin, or some colorless substance. Rose in a poland spring bottle tends to stand out.

:rolleyes1

It wasn't terrible...it wasn't amazing.

High praise indeed!

I did enjoy it but I like anything garlicky and buttery. I think I could have done without the croissant and just had the S Car Go.

Butter, garlic, escargot and preferably mushroom caps. That's it.

Great! When's ours?

I don't know! No plans to head that way.... um....
I know you live in New Jersey (at least that's what your profile says)... that's a bit out of my way, but....

Mini TR: California Pt 1

OK so I've uploaded all my pictures so I can start to tell the story of how I ended up in Disneyland for a day and a half last week. It was entirely unplanned. We were not supposed to be (that) close to Anaheim at all.

I'll recap the beginning of our trip, then get to the Disneyland part soon, I promise!

On Saturday, May 5th we boarded a flight from Newark NJ to San Francisco CA to meet family for a few days of fun. Steve's parents were going to fly up from Hemet, CA which is in Riverside County in southern California. Our flight left early in the morning and I was a bit hungover because we had gone out drinking with my co-workers the night before to celebrate May the Fourth, which should really be a national holiday. Those who did not know what May the Fourth was (the horror) just thought we were celebrating an early Cinco de Mayo. :laughing:

Unfortunately on the way to the airport at 6am we realized we got at text in the middle of the night from Steve's brother Jimmy who said their dad had suffered a mild stroke. He didn't fall or hit his head, but my MIL noticed that he was having trouble doing mundane things like putting on his shoes, seat belt, and eating. So finally she and Jimmy took him to the ER where they discovered the stroke. He is ok though, just slow to respond to people. There was nothing they could do but keep and monitor him at the hospital, so of course flying up to San Francisco was out of the question. Luckily they were flying southwest and were able to salvage the fare from their flights. There was nothing we could do either but board our flight to SFO as intended and figured we will get together and talk with the rest of the family when we landed.

Luckily our flight was direct and uneventful. When we got off we got our rental car and drove about 45 minutes to San Jose which is where Steve's older brother Mike lives with his wife Sandy, and daughter, Maddie. We were happy to see Maddie again, it's been a long time, and she really is the coolest. She's 7 years old, super curious and smart.

Here's she is opening the presents we got her:

az-8eaGJ2AjGczVH7j_tHScx8lLqZrRqaovw2Xx1QSSeYqd_hAoBNIUk2EAgixHIxXAktzYFo6NV3d1rjgRUu9dfVNPa1IcTTHQTgDpGiwIv4cOSET3aFbdzLym32Vu2kiD5QzUChdTGuhA-tcfPVPY0gBf8e1GFB93rZUf_2r8DjQ35-NVB1Rz-LbFZeJNNFl3DH358ehLZhbsCOQK_ZSDDQBOwx6A6DX3cA27KsvANJNrsAxoKxRag7Yi-MkiqQYcASShZpXg3jk6_oNM5TDPuTFyPcCpyBgBBK_wI99STVnl2MjQxiKSKO_iqff3_IjQVuruPk3Dc3jIghe5copvgUueepsk4O5-7CVXhi_lY5MjHIHvnXNBO4cPHV6vFU5H5vkF06oIdS2C1qEEm-UIVzBK130hLuJejdZp60eS6hRP9lrRoRFK7cYxt7T_2tyckcF72coG6EJIuSHQQ6IWNhhLVjqORRKVzBMNvyRMPvyDkO1gDyOMgEF-kD9aac1vtwc--yVTyh6Dd-cW3oU7OIptWaab54d3p7EERoPs6FgW6lc8QJHxDaXbx-JQhZqMxStkFUyq00rH5Crg0SuW4KOm3acy0sHdTiAeu=w689-h918-no

We also enjoyed our lunch of my favorite fast food joint which I never get to have on the East coast:

_do7Uu6zl8YZX_YBjrcs6GzA9L9IIMMEYSxrHGNKS9r6YHfD_OM8VOp4TvIoh0Xx66fbkGRW7jcABGGcP_Wlfi_GYbVVs_hSfeOzyLhMZ35-eT6D4UsL9DbTIPuZMcqlWgE-yJBfYoaAK0Q1hZ5hlptxT-O5b62jLT5Izck1S1fGH06-KRtkgXrErro4vrzrpnn9aXxXvOfi3QqI_gZZYoWDyVTpfCIq5RPjLM3UgOc8MXrdTRtJ5tKqQx_A4SF0UXb4iGDhwma0TYaSqXi_rkXunu74I8ow_08uRtum9mYrrO2GeuShQl5hEF5xI4UimMEfNYUqS5FLQ155tjujYJcxCn2RQFW595c-IsqOD17txdLZv38j1AgFe7GVpaDSwltrY61XZY02cwcitBOXJVGpmhqWxl2E_JyTiFWf1Xol_s4QR5sA4jDUt7DewV8W9Pb5a8Z_80AkD_kEJRENOIjIFwVVm31brpvL6n_rCsb5A3NbDCr7NOIUqaiJelT44cS2ez4_k7nhy4jH7Qg0Gjvnq6R2Q6D92yXbz5mY4YZMx_mOAbYI96ZMH9TufbM0ref0HYtBtsV56vmRzv8CtoQ-JBa4-f2xCyoOWQcd=w689-h918-no

So when we got to Mike's house we all discussed the situation at hand over lunch. We all thought it would be a good idea for some of us to visit the parents and since we were already on vacation and Maddie had school, Steve and I decided to head down later that week.

We had to figure out the hotel and flight details though, as it was tricky. We had already prepaid for a hotel for our first 2 nights in San Jose, and we had two nights booked in Napa Valley. After some research we found out only one night in Napa could be refunded, so we decided to go to Napa for one night only. That left us heading to southern Cal on Tuesday which seemed to work out. Mike used the credit he received from cancelling their parent's flights on Southwest to book us one way tickets from San Jose to Ontario Airport in Riverside County. I used miles from my United account to book us one way flights from Ontario back to Newark the following Saturday. Basically we just forfeited the return leg of our original trip from SFO, which was fine. So now the tricky part was to figure out how to return the car to SFO and then make it back down to San Jose in time for our flight. Mike initially offered to pick us up from SFO at the car rental return, but we called Hertz and they allowed us to return the car to San Jose airport instead for 50 bucks more so we just did that to save Mike a trip.

WHEW after all the logistics were worked out we were now staying in San Jose 2 nights, Napa for 1 night, and Hemet for 4 nights.

WAIT, THAT MEANS I WILL BE VERY CLOSE TO DISNEYLAND.

All these thoughts ran through my head:

Hmm, should I go? Would I be a bad daughter in law? But I'm so close! I feel guilty! But I'm SOOOO close.

After debating it for a day (or two), Steve kinda made the decision for me. He said that his dad would be sleeping most of the day (which he regularly does), his mom would be having him run a bunch of errands for her, so I would just kinda be putzing around the house by myself which was pointless. He said he would SEND ME and PICK ME UP from Disneyland for a day. We decided on Thursday May 10th.

He really is the best DH.

Steve always tells me I hit the Jackpot.

This time I actually agreed with him!! :jumping3:

I thought I'd be solo for my visit then I realized I have DISBOARD friends in the area!! :disrocks:

I contacted @Lesley Wake who, thank goodness, told me about a special ticketed event at Disneyland which was was attending on May 9th. It was a STAR WARS night. SOLD. I ended up buying a ticket to that. I also needed a place to stay the night and it was too close to make a Disney resort reservation online, so I just looked up other available hotels in the area. I have elite status with Marriott and found the Fairfield Inn which was across the street and about an 8-minute walk to the parks. It was just under 200 a night and the rooms look recently renovated so I booked that. This allowed me to get 4pm check out which was a nice perk. I also got a 1-day park hopper. It was so painful at how much it cost! I haven't purchased a one day ticket in probably, well, EVER. But you do what you gotta do to get your dose of Disney.

I was set for my 1.5 days of Disney!

The rest of the weekend in San Jose we spent with Mike, Sandy, and Maddie. It was nice to spend time with them as we don't get to see them that often. We went to the Monterey aquarium, cooked at home, had sushi, and went to my favorite Chinese restaurant: Din Tai Fung, which is also don't get on the East Coast. We had to wait a really long time for a table though, which sucked.

KkibMcfTPGUJaTQvl5O3R_KpC8ZWEMOesj0bStehCQYHX4Q8ePBNzu9QV67zSG71OPBDMdkc5h3pzpaUCMsMkioogsKmsHwIstFfJBMtCbFdl4UoVI71ox1fKwWgzKJyxRTc1v1GZoFAlFOJf7mVZk6wFFBNKAaOMJ6QaYEDrwVgwkLpTU-s8LnL4RmyP9LjMGIWcLEzp5H7LofJOvW-2VaIbTJUDg7C7kQBcqXC_v7kR0UEUDO2L9CjBgiQeqohi1x0jjyd05jTlDCzMg1blyxsAVO1mlyEj7WUkx0kIDx1MR5QUN3sLEnLnQtfxGk-HJh3Vx1Llr3HTqJr9DdyRGFNLgYhV2z8VOrDEdhL6C6GfPwqcbyd5BT4eL9jeRGYprGLrsj-WtF2ZgvN8vnU6JnTGUFHpY32zsGJk6nGWjM-M2vSFQBib6r9-_KPyXS9MgJtxncuvh2zq_mN4EKO5DgzCuqitvKIqRT_ben4_kBTs_gEFpwmKLvqRk1CEZPgpUPx7Wrgb2WdQeCwlgRAlbRRKti9pemdGGnaGjiGDGlEbGg31jj81hTf_cLGeBh4lzJenPnAhlhPFHctp8alZmXkP-BGcCxq-OfVTI0Z=w1224-h918-no

Monterey Aquarium:

cAkGKTntUZkCzWKoW7RLHmdxU2Qs7_a3JnvJC07PwPPivlBej1EXrlYVR0Pl7tWx9qZ2GCAeeCNdvRhSv8MVNyfRmvvXmAqc4Qy4uZTYfmHoXSTidGJZBUE7KRUZte_LUgw_qykrFvTWJgx39GiyEg8Y1kL3mEwagCdc8Q51pzybBFrnpVhhJWt_jQLAfIKnj7dkFae5Z-ojIsXWwgjVEOpvemRiMt8xAQ5JJHIu6-ZeXYeRm-lwhuNFhU7aAh68SKBxaf03yEnIuS1n4zKoCoKhNFqUa3U8kwLuQxK2g__4pjy-_PnVDJms0xSbFrZcwrFVruRykpPFYZjMQmeNieSh0pf1HOdxtUom-c4i6gRuqHlAJeiiZt4eCOIfO_uazGTl7-S_WF8xykwodxLv37x3eD_FA3FOXKB51ovMrfGk9uXy2OOrOyBkl6m9jOOKMH8CcepwlJiGWJADXVpcgmiTP3TL4gH_yXRIdIxZu0lNikMeEsWCTxdaqCwooBN33S1jOfKZNajQ80yxhH8u_KK0OkL9w_8829yo6jADvrRjhuwuhJSAvi86X246vH5O6clKiddH4Ad99rvF99FJYTslc-g8LCeDSdcIEIxt=w1222-h918-no

UxapAge0VUoanYwKHwz6-6f4juObqqanKFDvmFEPCX2MexmnGljKbH-otIGeeRwZOkSWAwrmSLPRY7u5S7_JaajpABKEyaov6Sa77W8P4x8tWktmXhhaxtnweHA444uP0BhiUKt8AFxrZ6LpOQze0jTb6SAMIwg3zpq3y56CLnV_E5_9lDlJ8xuAvyw0kWwKSTNrY5QCR0GuCuiYL-zja5WQ_90qSZ7AgcE8otB83Kp3w4OR3fZRGFNqcLGMGKv6SOC-LtshqPKsUqWH26VMUWOa6veMmaloTKhEnNJIR06bQkQ7Lnt43eu6eDpOv3ZJzCGvvCtrkL-SHmyuuZEHNwThSP1mGgUwUAdgPFikdPBpv7QWSuPYwHlPOanJI2YW_bQju1V92IE3m68gc-iuzV9WU4Dj-yICcjDcGHYOcV-DHFj8On986ch-dRZ1ZvRRIz41HoEDJ2OPfzyMlAiEas5121RpRzj7kOTD23ziU9tl1Lykyt-39DBZclYxHgJQDxdbvC3Hp2lkiquyLndeEJS4jiBuAZwC4fPu82uzkab-hZnVTE38KF0qsCbIDTwYKsP-j_EBneKuslJEyI6WKs9j7G1oX6pkLFdhsOP_=w689-h918-no

q0984fv6hIVclEskdIqFdgyVqBei-jVbHRxvoh35aEnzJJmmp3M43hqHIY-b1JVpStFRlRCsXenhtU-o3g0HZu-rpiFyuivwc4TvDLM52g8TkqeEgI1aEiMbF4_i4_p8GlY152-zi1Kz5-_NAOjgkXk2Wc9ux4VPb0VNvUzjp5G0gEe_laUx4WUWKw2DvPQsqqCWwPwg5YeDXyuGFoLLbyTKOPXx-bqgMwBeVs3O5MJeEM50Z1LXI0JE_s6fMCgkeRSq-C7aRf0_mCLW0ScXam8vCz-fbLR7YCns73lBfBn_B1tMYhYuXr0tqACu7HlxsepIo3Lm6uK__VsL8KhA_ptOH-TY0srlCjmcP9Pr1gk4kOkSlnJQBNxh94o39tFIwRmIVtcpyQgICPznHutFHN01nJCh3i4r37y3yl5ffBEvNQUUgmbUZMcgh87Tx88119Jz_R_7y8Db2NM8wUKCAzCogs2BPSruzIblTadSnr0u76JV8_GmAx7rqmGwUZa7D2w5PAunYdLQjYpN3DupCyeivoWYOLd8at0DC7CdEyuzUF528xYjNtJS7wcitXGjZysuKJSo5M6BstXFxPZBE_3sDdeWh3A038tU6vHj=w689-h918-no

After our weekend in San Jose we drove up to Napa Valley Monday morning - we only had a day here so I booked us lunch at Bouchon and dinner at Ad Hoc in between wine tastings. They are both owned by Chef Thomas Keller (of French Laundry fame). They are both very different and very good restaurants. I highly recommend.

VfQ7cRewcfEc73Jv-6jtpmVseFIeji_Tm3e5qVRiHWJMHPf9_DSMWUJxxnGC-lKcSKQwgwHqEbr2rXE485D7wTzuLIt7bntzakXltQmEh7lz-z1v56E0u6_Ti-ee4HGyQ88lK7B22Nn1OIrHPxf7TdoF03WoDJKmv5ZLYXSrSuRSE344Q4xy_ZqrxoRw0qpIVLvaS6NL1k9H-uPffiStF0zGqpelJAaO1miQ5CtBsLeE3sP5Ssn0OcFumJvHvJcZ2TNOSFDIhi4CXwFt59HV0BkIUMIJLN2XK9mJ5dLRvT2bXDRl5n5lFP-e67kpkWy7dBCEZYE1CUpeHR_y5xWimOagDK-ppkp24zQnkrSDMxjQyv8Pm7tEH1VAdI30mZKJonV365-OvZod29bFuiE0_G_iHToVkjFLKGYgbx4TMcAzvlFKTZiE6hxSy5WOngXGcnmWVNz5VVM75cHTpPPDhKm-JqcTXKpHbyxYMlwKnTRsscIkyn_7AiR_XhVLHtCin6V2zawfln1gB5_nCzMTj_dR1gxsHSDA-bdiDGzDeFSjWTkFdi_lMGZO69WrLFNwB5C9bsE6eyKNR-JgXKWMHrRG1NYf8uXHQ5rzghUa=w689-h918-no

This is the best croque madame you will ever have in your life. It's a ham and cheese sandwich topped with a fried egg. They had a special truffle version that day which a truffle bechamel sauce and truffle fries. I have had this dish almost every time I've dined at Bouchon, lunch or dinner. It is amazing.

mD8PRe3SGpuM-3mks7MTs2psbpdXMNCl0QZljcZ692Zr2zUKZbgWOGqBeGX6XS5GQszaTYqkB69n_zU-eiH6VOslKRNhW-VdBCj6186ZodDCHz0IKEFA2FjCbkO-TFQIEFRfwoWZsFgXWitE9y-tXbfYh0Dv66MmrjMroXFzx7OHOyhfRPv2ptliWK8ASD8w7GrwQGwOWID8tlkZEbSmpxdB1Dj8pLXoifDyIg1uTCprFO1691_tJBQd341XEI82lvPR08F-3_LcW1EZF9bdPpu3FhWPeCOA1VBYXHfjoCxIIWWwUhbgkZCNWCVkrwEfxqfr3H7FAemjhSuBwLmO_OzjU5LjckKGAC0jVmO30se7Kx0d_2W4NeKpNCL9YjNEIG_fBKSnI8GuM2cIb7_QF7ZJTd8bMDk1rmoCboFXY1is2ldwHX16HlA9q4RYTNkcVUu90GZNS6XIPhMMIA5eKLDH8t-x_xd9l2mQKolLWj_0TujdlT9ju74aiTGVVdosp3wwskZOPSRvFicwEW6A4D06chMhZ6JvdGuc2mXf3O-i8lZepqDyPHH9vzPYggRmdO13XJ18RT3B7nvH98UB3k55ZGPATCasX_0SouFA=w689-h918-no

#eggporn

We visited a few wineries. A really pretty one is Castelo di Amorosa which is a real castle with a moat and everything! Made me so excited to visit Sleeping Beauty’s castle in a few days.

SbLkfAaKYUSu19LFOpLS52-yn-UQ0sDw-zwEIEjNwOoTGAMqMSIYgveaf9e38Hrbl1gXjxWOVGGCNeb0nAIR7Pe6oUpCQGmjrK37Z8y5bqMfjyFUca_mwhqc6SCpZX5HeDuoAHQSKg_dmZSoYVJnhwx_a6XWcZJVPv8TI2E9ULeW268rGKkyUujrMoaMsNjfA0a7TD9DEbLrqZW9CKI9rB6yGT0N33Fa5yXHVGJLjyEWHpQ4BLF6KKoKN39ETgZuuLxb5mdsWQ_iTtXeRFsbeAaT1SkRB1fDGWt1ZHiJRMQrtKo1UfjOTIlGYJ-mtLpEW948bvoplSqCkaqQwoUjdgfhIGVtOyMYK2yyRwRHgwvrJF7z_QjKMNgntpEfLh4kcBIlGSlDQkcct3dZAJJ0o_xUeWxNt9c9eQniPGM85g-C8l1GZHEZ78yQxQSONhWGZF1qljMSy2DTf3JCm4aA1J19AjeaweTGoPhhFrn-r9w-buBKPOpg0yjdh_RXaOEFJ9abt458C7KzQGD39MVbt_8xE39lPhmFWzc4pVxvm7aNeq3OXdG9Vbi5cPwZI19g5Lk_OFIwHEfdDrlHYTZpFnyTaIfhCwqaSjiuizPB=w690-h918-no

We also visited Heitz Cellars, which was the winery featured in our special wine tasting dinner at Victoria and Alberts during Food & Wine. It will be coming up later in my TR. We tried some of the same wines we had during the dinner and ordered a few bottles to be sent home.

cYOIrwRkQoksLdOHCyPTnx4XsLnw8P671e19lpXIg--pLe7OuUB9rfqSZtql98Prod0HRKrMxOu9iw26O3AqUhqBprLI4xEDJTwVQrmgy2KvsVM0Uxb7XOv40jZCgFVO37lq-kF35-agTYfBgwi3CGlP1jafmR2iBwBbk1wUt4e32NUxEkdCKQcIMY-e7DifMT8hizNZ6TT8QeMVzKBhO--9_j_gUwJckliAqNIY1L4OShdQIZuZ0z9gXvaLyDGlqC8tlSPXVyPvOl6uYfZUV5kNdHtgQidWs2HNTrhDXnX_6-EE-SajeeyevJTYEjgFMw_eN2Arh5tRCh-D3zxaGY-3Ka5Kn1-fU42irybQKMK33ynNVTLLUBaas9Yq7OdegxgzyqNCiNgN19nYk_2-rOrGjiXPwXUDiGUPG2HI2dQzQXCsjLx2t1OYXUkThzoe-psq9C9s7QCNs58UP8sB5I2JwJVe87Fimtt-5iUVgzUWlILiGFiTRlsWpodutR801kPGSySLSdxlOUAg1bcwSyyhrbqIWdahuIr_yTEeOZ7_6Fyg_qcpAacY7BaYBM7hkcXGAmeKW7V5QMK6oNzSlf5SoTHs2Ve7ufuqNgpc=w690-h918-no

TlAGwqBAeNKX41m6NdDoxgKVxcdYoXbH5b9wWTtMzl7nKFCcxbzctk2QvSeFxGX0i1IhnnUCurUJldNQrXDpQGoSyYvUyjo80jvOhfTEUiqwF4f-leySE0i7rwRxEljx0w7KGsTVBD4VJpOXXE9hILQaFKXA6cRsq1-GlN535gcGuUyRheAO89x1RRAxOQwiTBBwI5Hwg1tRYGyrt_kdMk_9NwX1k65iTB7L3tsQjHrGo2a3pqjj35XpYaxY_IJccmUjQe46cv3CCyVBwFdpXqQ2u6ZAq5GY3RhWWmGbdXK1fWmOI91hvmM-AJIHSdoLzEeZI6TN8VUay13FxA4oRKqyYhHbZ-DwECTwoxFW1mF9ymOy9HY3Y_bnEtzIbrLPTS06diOVPSJiWx7JVFrnvctfzjBSCyyX_IfTYoac2nfsuPKQGZc45XJ5gBkQOQdRYCW02Zub_MDaE86T_oQru_hlCbkw9sQEDqBempxBnS0dY-yvZfeJE9Im9p6MbRx_LEB7BJbNGBbyPZjGCrvZnCX5FZkBKbWbFLLvUV7rWqCT_y8gwTfRyAhnOooMUd-_5X-2qAUqyezF7fhYeU4yQTot1fW93yL6rnePY6ev=w1224-h918-no

We also visited Sterling Winery. Now I don't normally like Sterling wines, but their tour is so much fun. It costs 35 bucks but you get to go on a gondola type tram ride up to the top of a mountain which is where their tasting room is. You walk around to stations and they pour you tastings. We just did the regular one but there are fancier wines you can taste too. The views were spectacular.

0ZpUSO9VxQybTxjUnefmm2M3n5EASJrZaw3fNOXudIGczaWEh5waiheHQZuFnFC3K5yO3z4ujbIpAwDGod61vrHjH3JexRDtLh6VcyoeThET4olcp2X2MgwbEim7SF-hwvx_U0dHlr8Xbk-9WcVqaMer9q6kRxwzl4kMWGQGmCrqB05ZbAYfYJkze8uPv2c7m_M0rHK5P3auBm_0BiAFsG5RCBgJU2erWswQVa-0ksOXkt7PRKGVFnM7nX8yB_8c1q_FlAqGvzystUNqo8hCsfKsoL3uEFT6OUrmmIOts84sDqub5DoKc_D3hjW6AU419dIP6JxdKENousuRQxWeSuUcScH5EnMz3y96L4YwEuNJ9oZspuDnxLV3Hxm5ZrNw8t-EGIcSrc-35FURURecivmoWsInsA67ZMkVY9XsQ1uU9RcciOcuj-SURCkds2kSuWr70SiljIhAlR1piq2kBpe6u8vR1XoDZGm_wozVs6LepP2hHKHTVHxKVAdVRBRwpSHEgie6L7_ASgm5Rph5n3eoCMCW5Gy7b6ncSm-LuZky_TnHB_weIe7qKeOBzTYpbZr92HGPDbK7iaEmHlVZUElUPTUyQL3hx8pr9Ocs=w689-h918-no

oEOaQB3Qa3SJV8hGEUiA_ic2imT6rf1vhfFUSRDOXQ2ai8Tq_LDCoxg8GYDcyCOIzDY2YlNjoquowpMG7UYA2xppvlsq9cIQ9QYXd873O4A6fSdzZBmXxJzXe2k223zkj5eeRm6B8HMuhFrZi3NAnOgKYWYph3BHka5BAe-vKxplk7ftcj2rESPrqWPycqPAEwNvOUbftFtJ6JdwoAqjHFSdh3_uDUJciZ-7K5aIMkIizg9zqsAz9C7rWSxDFLtbmaQRbElk6eDiBrie06DmBXo_IUIIDvIDomkiG3-2y6JUPe_i5im4o8mGNR7bJ9FiSyDElIG78Pqc2zpzItZjaG7zqgNL1f5ikuSHPsRDMxE8NprHd5aDfCzXws3qIF-KFs0UlAxvR_FG4a3xDpbzVw8METsUoeMeOjshp9fd7zcoLI0kIUTJ8um0RM1VhEIIu0a6KjR7AB4nNwRTyIP0dglS6jt__WODW2R-RGsqY3cWYM0ZaJpcpCJYa8iyiXQxD-JiZbgeZPn-D92H1unc950eQucVgh1vf23gV9xpsmWkK8l_3thSGZyjnalc6flJ9G6xiOwWRzsDOSHR8r7Do6SBmomuxaZl2anYeeF3=w690-h918-no

Quiz: Is Steve meditating, sleeping, or blinking?

uQoLiir_hQTupj0dRcywuryKw0cHXa0XZ_Mjp3ACz6N-WcpZfYUWSehK6FJhKPhoUazFdCDs2I-cYGv_4OvX1L6XacU1sCKf3Bl2-lAzMr8PPxcOwHq8ddsJ54JtqXDftgS1fyQm0nvIy0q-LPeTTvCXmC9xDlWYV5OXOu-Q1Td3bzhZPKUU2lBoNinJnsK21hMR53bnm2fDH31x0L1uL7QFw4YRaASlScRhZbyUSsNuBN4rt8Wb3o8cdWR7mQXQKJWr2Qwo5f_Q7RqT5Dqosfu5tYj_2QUM7EpIyIfp7IsguJ29WSCScLb2ePh8o6QtYgd92VuSC9v7DpYK76E18oPawE2H7X-WwImKn_kDh6xCxNSjIT3N6phJ9OLN0tiPb2LAxawruP-svyQB2jPCqEdk1-SIPvdPceBS1T0lVk8m2amaJbZAjTQqbo8MlTz3ZusdflrOt-coPahRRWwx8s1zl190XBVoBQXYprTZ0tBry1gPGb9As7SQOik4KOQpxtKPRrtsjkmK2x9lt2zp3xswRZVE0kpjvlExW-0tFa1LigxZhn-AO5AlLMMwtSpueoes9ILH-clcByYmUVp4Sjm8J1I1rysM5t6KM5sV=w1224-h918-no

We went to the different stations for our 3 pours of wine.

8CA2ooCa6aWyERlYXjc-2zG2x6nSI8UTax-PSXDIUksKBLIQoA7CJlqYJR8kSkjMs2vVUXQFN2hMUIkHrU4OtfDk-mzLw5TBz_c-pM9DBkOlqsLePjt2AjswV2U4akUrQGX6hA7VyHO9xP-xMNJaorg5vlkD_Gy9ys2GCdJmTgEQS63F0FwVjr2NGhjxhqkyRzveVzu2ApL9CueSs_6ez7QldWuO14gVFL8jZdubZwnsu-_n3es2CmdZKqVtdOsavj9whs-pPfGIeQPiYA06e-FQzf656SIBkFCkb4Mc4V4if6GdQm1SthIyH_JghyQqra-Zcf2ceqnLdJBxewzeCCWGzwziI_Z5SxLAbxn9sNnATKkeBP8lXt2xuXqGvwHONHWXQp2aleCAYVeQHy6JrEGbb1GjTCwewFm9hN2NuMyktQtAuFddbRiUS9mBeDj1fDKaTyTkY1P-XyLKWhDqH-_nw7q2t67jk0I9-QMEQZq-f_Zzp7RNcSkDBIUfVCyNpebzu0XPF3uDyB9pXo-VLxgFLEtBvo_wYc7uto8XZobz9zS5fFQdtLnlqg3kqDJY2xrJFMd-bTELffMZ08MKHFgb4Lz51ft3fhF5CLCi=w690-h918-no

PkRKOe1uWcE6z3lLX5F5H7veExLr6WYfoqb8xcxE7S56xKKuqRqAoSCDbKcg8GTDcCwERSKwf2pT9F_VD5RidLvMg57L110sf2zY7IGkFQLM0gv83B3Q2ZCVXgDTUFW6uj8aXLKPaWmwJ5-FhagGvaEyZlbKCGAYZE1dexChHLKsxk85-uKSPfXNqYoqzoZsmFZ8l8DMk7IwHkOvNg39Apw7ZRAazTTWUMJfX0wbGCijBbGroTUNX5YABzhFYYNMDeMvRd48WEZBZ5g7cUrAgL0BmSLjR216fE02vLcTaG26ezfgSUX3Xqr1PbPejSSG2bJZ5wLhnwID022Mdh6TyYWZe_ngJF1IvHob8Npas4-edpkIhbyBfGqXDAuSlddzkb441dDI-0TjtyWOARYUsFj6Mlw3mO-wNoV5N9L731T8B2D1oSd6I-wC6YEWG8THrb9V_SAKY-K_wadhuN0g35XCzudFNY1hPOJn2IPS5svhbO8LX42LHD1FfWgqX2kVWrFhFxVidLMNHtlem-UzToe0z_6UXFDY0avT3mBXyEQG6YxSoae4sHu1Okzw6kaNuTLSa_Yhpnu1s3S7ZgGHmSqPfoWlybolB04n2IhS=w689-h918-no

You get to keep the wine glass too, but it's nothing special, just a cheap no-name one. We ended up giving them to Mike.

lzrp9Sq1sbyOq7c2mc7zus6aPH97nIp1sfyMWHkpxBQga7Lb9A4SrYmSURIZsgh1KJn0rCrJ3v2GzWR4MB2yUwQQP3EWQLH9w5WA86ib1gwATIqqeRXXgLVYRrthAuPj3h_QnWvY13cI4Uc1ddZ_x-tWJ5EvqNrFdEtGslXVRtVviFrAtKbHrYvNDdrokayWh2-20djbAD39V5U36ZmdirWc-iCC-HE0fKw8GTy0iW_tDtQ8MDp_8LxXq06XbqVZh-r1g_WG9ViDCm42YM5RorJexr5mIzGe9DFnmH7t4-N0cQnmS2xxZxCpu875-BkqCtS_TTxzNn2Co2lmbNbMZKIEaB4oBv2BhD5NcLdrXkYHwX04prXzuju2AIadtbLclEVqRx_q-Dn5w1yGAYGFFLbxG-MxmER0zlZ70qwSBl9gC5jPkq9H_Qet9wF1_d2pv_BY-yW8f-O2b_3t64Gzb-YVzY5JsOM-pvUbzv7T0x0-uixGLD3mJZ1VUhATpq5NFEuBJWJXQJtv9z_9P4j6DS-5ifkDua7HC0GzHv0fBlRAoA2DJUm2SUyGA9BQGbl-YrOlKISoyLFJV3bz6LnCZZLE26-N4r2ftdFjoRl4=w1222-h918-no

Oh and a surprising find, Yao Ming, the Chinese basketball player, is a huge wine aficionado and opened up a winery. He is really serious about his wines, and a lot of effort goes into them, so much so that his wines have won awards (they are also a little pricey because they are small batch).

Ywv5QbGEQEcr0zpDNbFH9pBINbFBBQdWue7wKGlqwyWsN8hf7Y6YuIn9HEc-9SLlyN7MgmcLDtvniEVadumCVzOWCiJ18qHI1rI1epN0sOPXsWO0HBH_G1ysbBzpz6cU3GdxySXpVgECVBUaAk8iE2nYyLldm-1aMe24oKN9TRjklvGVj5rd7gU11WeE3CYCM3_szRmo2sFlizeRlWA_YP4firFUo_kGzGOfhYlkQB4vlCBBQbqrCqC-MltcQlyWzuICLxv1dr9Djl4Y1Ht8rXSRQUgxgBUDvLS-cNloAugET2Fn0J_yc1wpGmG8eU0NZIZsyoRsq_QnUfBd-v3TXp0aDeRYF4FLt4uYA7sNdqoxxEuBmNg3L8j2Q-6zHJydCurrZDicRFrkf4o1SDKZHdVs2_u3LC7rYsRxmqN4k9aH0m5MmSwU-06EbCPX53it3cC1XRXlHTTMnWx_yq4dlS-Fs3hi-Kc7zsstnAFQ2kYJJmKkXX3es3V089KDWZGhZnJuXp5PwgR_NmlNZ2wV-thL-IavJnxCRmTBDUUj1mW8D6RRSCBtDbqYRFvbrQp-MaAG_LfQDJHV_YfzpUWwvWK5nWlVPqCpyvJli7iL=w689-h918-no

Upwu_ZHnjVOE5xGEgGspeAriQOu5NMoefE1Gt6-UMLzs38sA-oInpJUtWeEI6iB_OSFvKjcCdjwME-YdmOv4EGE5s6UxhvrMZ7hOybcZro1pbjBUmf-DDfUXtsVelDH-XJZoJxRLdi7PWFm0EteN73TmpF8ecTg1i0NCLgZnFqXl6k_FshzmZSSNNOZHcfGNyQE71LAh_9jpeOkR-hz2kxH8_3_zz3tDpgPwJMV2TbiEN19DuGBXpIkTEE-1QDD0Zl2ClJLRD_iInHKRDpiMemovFSaw9A4QiJrtybYSXFbjAPx644XbZST3JXR0p-Ul6-EqM10Dx1XDTp8kK1fufSM-i9OsfP0qPUpmD9xoHKiu_JPyLrCiIoUZ--95HHPfWLFV1K-7eNQK0amxYJf_MHOffQK3b8N0ed18fq-ydHaJZhtdPMAKcJEJg1EDbBWadTprwnF2Z3VznJqRxCDGsVRMdEOQgrRlcJazjCID3UFkv-TTqjQ_S2Rpq1hB7sgL5oKfyehUYQre6JpQ40KFIsZO351DV2MsR0JVlSdvCsgSOdyA86wmg4C3J8i9_hfwe8qAGG-KjjhMc2g5L-Jw8LbBjk-zpAUkoi2iPhvB=w689-h918-no

It was great wine and I also recommend a stop by just to check it out. We liked it so much we joined the wine club.

Dinner was at Ad Hoc, which is just down the street from Bouchon where we had lunch. Ad hoc has a prix fixe meal every day, and everyone gets the same meal. It is all served family style. Today's menu was the famous fried chicken which they have every other Monday. Ours started with a kale Caesar salad, the fried chicken, sides of red rice and mushroom risotto, asparagus with onions and bacon, a cheese course, and dessert which were berry cheesecake pots.

vm__eohZlUdwlrCSunvISvswOcqiRDSba-Od-WIJGanr6gI6T_M7ynKQfanxMo8tYsrV-cnuag_MyUat7bLjNv7p3jMTWQGYEAmjJMvjvvajXNUp5LRHrNAYsGiIuE-39-S_B9ba28Rryv5Fg_Sh5MzQnj-wtkFX_tvk7ViA9LddWXgDSpSMqAplQuaGcqjqEMRqGYXfr6quguT7U2ghCAuYUsqooTczvn1BFti3Op6cjXnXCv_FD2A6nKiajyioqxtLwoB2OVNaALLkFinw4U4aRC3E8fkh3SU6OurLmWqqLh--aSR4xQJ6i6WJUPxOguDgY2Oh-iM5gE4le9h_8QA7s6ZR5joTcTWobCvXNgPRJ7NvL9pErH5LyG5mFEtwIcT2zBnmdVrdqY8CS84mQ5e2Xr_3APiXW5QZJTaK2n--bjALWPRRToYgY2iQAw-TcjBtmyM5olmfR54V1gmys5gru8gQW6Vb3pOxWVqKJVpjoCvAwbPR_NWdEkueB29J8DtAA9kY15GCf5pMCmvWddkyyatCx3dQZqYdP5YttE1-GmrveuAJy_15HBrKR8V1meyh40Hq44JIAyz42TtEF8khjek0bUnSmdcxgCKM=w689-h918-no

Fried Chicken was sooo good! Yes it is better than Homecoming’s. It is also juicier than 50's Prime Time. I like them all though. #equalopportunisticfriedchickenlover

Cheese Course: a Rocco Voltaleggio I think which is a pasteurized cows milk. Served with house bread from Bouchon bakery and sour cherry jam.

-glntQOwGoPKvGB3yEqphmZACw1DBaUaCrn4DK8dKEr2XzN9RJn7b2ZxHCHkn0n34oBvcwfF0JiU3eLMlYtLNOpJh7sujB9ykmml09-xSGlwBaEErIJtJNrOl6E6P-2ECPauUOpqfnFf3RdlzascF3FMFaN946lxA55Xg-k9_JjJu_3LBB4HK4m5cB5Edj7BrODshtfCoRdFAbXjBf1rlr5LYTBGUGuiV3C2TtVnC-CZCpzu7CZ2Omf1KtDVOaYCBl05otDKNQSxpD9dM0HEvwg4mJUiV4TIw8dO2O4_rtiBtS2rnb-2iZxC0Pf9dG_jehoioac65UMU1ki8CaKSRN_Uwanj7LAZ8YB_4Z3X5cD4vo4CMPeMS_XOs0_6MdfJYE4pIm1AA-JQp10tQUvoqXAaRCZDYinRUSwxpF58BRmPa_PjYnyKu8ibdbNeydst_rYJuGPSB11B-_axh-9FIMI1lUEDS5KW-QAzeMvW5rR4u1DLonFtjWAbADY1n7XjRoQJQaAUVSJMHEubtak1GwjkzUrVE0XsejpH3eEP9Q0E0PzViPGYOLcuK2nftLxAGoG7R97X02b3RSfqvkAlMWV-sHSa55ns3pYt8my_=w689-h918-no

I enjoyed this but couldn't finish so took it back to the hotel and had it as a late night snack.

Cheesecake dessert:

sbOXkyQxiNQMPBfMogIgD6WDVSESfmY6G9ar21ybdZ_4SR4-IoQsErY9-EqWTjaLlD1XnJ-9H7kvAmLH_St4REY6HUU0OO80Ud6LN0N2sKEtJEFG0BRIZwaNt6U2iLa7Ns0cH3Kc25aCCXbfT1DgFKoOSdx87lncDA2YmwQbqyZBKlogH29rDIoFQiW_02k8Nftz1_q0erIb0jD17u4nYfIEnbovmC2uYRDlsEZgvOoq5WP0dCAIM-ZW0LWbHVcJ9tozMDrIUUcRT9JhaLyIyr05yukzZzPNiVvm1rPRuYnwz-UHZgepOpjAlIU4pnv_iLyed2tVde4RteZJNsCbXdI75vS0hYg38bcbV7fytxR16m2cLIGWwHx8RjHGfjrPp8vzu0bBWjsKt5Mixqnqfltp01YucEB-ZbjAOgpYlfjG0XxwfGnoQ8tdJqa_U88XJS6mZ6Py-t4L8wEtpKCFMDqwGNhaWED5KBSri6UmwQHGI6a75UGB6wd0a-0iXcjjD4PSmGGWbRBu_tI1CNElEHRfnAJNR10QwGMkkw654Gy62a2B7O9OmLUccD8uBY6UE8HDZOb52EgOvN1GQUOL9qOO2BSRAgrQBkvku3LK=w689-h918-no

Our hotel was the Hyatt Andaz in Downtown Napa. I love the rooms here. I always request one with a soaking tub and a fireplace and theirs are nice and spacious. It's a jr suite size and lots of room for the two of us.

3sXOO860MMNS_Zi9NlcxjVVBBWkUylH4G98LS6ki6AokW0hI9xM42l5QpHhruQXBxkpcG3z-NTSDANhHmqpXko3oldOm5sz2Q7fzhhxtIEL98BALNWMND6Yt7-yO8EknpzCQm4Go6VZ_HUdcaCEyNGPNWZoT9IVJqArP57LGurOw83tA1mOK6_ZaMcWlX5b-8eO0NgyjsoJ-eZXoy50CF0P7hwc3aJfLeWL0XNTWR6WQEexRqs-pj6ow1FoeVOBKXKL0VT7aDFrzxRBU6EXsJDv6Lspr8kwWyBhOme5b0SWzNgIJDeNLTGAWnCxi2F3B9PQ3nUBJjeBBBP3fA8dDUtqUCPbUEDfzqgdJPTQVFcHyY7oFV8NFJAWxyukmAld8p1q_1Ui3unJ0use2IemY5HfJMNxLQKewcO9re-nwh8eWOmIVCz4DZNSz_J3dUtdto2ep9rlLaugM2DvAU_ZfIJVUIzqwnenxEmbmUcsHPJ8-rHeoxu084DY-6qC4AHTa3Xt9Q1QRfgV_zm8YTcda6EoXLhWC-fq_Dwd6yNBWjtGYURnAuUDtfhQOZ3_-nm2ddmvdCzqAAr3jDmsaRojAow0HCsEpFdb0hwA4mQMO=w1224-h918-no

WJQ9ZsIHJtFXpbBrTvxdw5ESLP0kO1WrRS_oYhZ5R0HCwMfK6-0tQuCRu2sPB_hSzYOCMlcAV3r95qQaa2L_0c9G4aiOdnxSL37CJxcj-_5HRdpoiy61hzs8v-M-AIwcMGmWvJXw6zqAkJMbQXQpbmpyUOh2SA9nhFjKkq8y4Cb5JPQm0W1i91y3ZJesA1y7OFcEm0yFMN5OtxmQzuI7SkkOf5IFjvqRJWdRXZ1GON9B-tB-UlgKQfDRZXBBVkeRl9jcpmxpf4si2L-n_NaLcTMLlDm_E2mJu2yfrnrtdxTLOF7BQerLIKAf-TPZlDptYx27G6Oj61Jx9fCbtPMSafGSrsytiLUc2_kVJAPRPoOUfVg0uYYipkHP2u0svSI8iTuG8-kcpmY3BXATorypXz_moYjtRc1mn2kMRLItkArIgkAluxmUrcufpJUBZaPOXzpl95Nn-JrNGQYdr9uGF7_HPciiqf2T2ueP2_QbueAC-UjuWIkfEskxqAf9M3UmahFXwiKffyPiOur6EiD_3bYSwCJ5I5cnFI_nWFlnvo19pc7pfkKLjhTkS76Na3nAY8VThlX-ALaZxKUa8ns10fuU8RGLTK7czh-0YwAR=w1224-h918-no

The minibar is free at the Andaz! But only non alcoholic stuff like sodas, juices, seltzers etc. Snacks were also included.

ac9W6OD5bb5AlK4aeX7hNaJensQY5uBJI_9JlVY22HppjeZmoHYJL_o-OLkCYH4Y5ZTddBcqCxv07kiXXvHsck1PPLONFIdNcyuYo9nf7w3SVKQJyM-J7_u-q92WuCF8msaQBn7TFXN5ME3G1VFhRAVCLlPxEM8seM67fubyrPpnTPHEBXdOH2LCgcLnfgHl8Uq1Yo0EbIL1UDN9Nd-gsaJ-dp2KJmCDk-_trsiv3mBtXQxSJtHwqXH8UYbwp1dYUGDJ06EumH40V9LTHmlJKyEgG8V8LvcUohWSZZpj8iA1xdX9yLJZ0hd3YmCSZAKr54So9NWG5rDlFWhcdL0Zle0kf7ZOpQ8KafDegz_qVeKBhPpYTa_FvzrxEVMKUwFcN05SIX1W92elIWubPRESC79TGb2uh9am13ulfYDJOPDLUj6suNV2fKD6kxgZIn-CiMFSKek81DpydDZiCMayHJQgJ0qRcnECkz2agIAO4yzD3ShyRFFq_fgHu2Xr6LOkCVY0MCPhKVGWpaGbe6-UXQ30ySF_dgjvg_UWiLGUAahZG70im5SCrXFYqM7O02Vb7sLyo6pE5Fp5Lfv78XgVBbKwJ1dUvaBApFrdiPfS=w1224-h918-no

That soaking tub....it was fantastic. I loved it! #bathroomgoals
The bathroom also had a very large standing shower inside those barn doors as well as 2 sinks and a separate toilet area. This is our second time here and it does give me the best price for the features that I want in the room.

Sadly our day in Napa came to an end. the next day, Tuesday, we did however have an amazing breakfast at ABC Baking Company and Cafe just a few blocks away.

q2Q4UztWSnUHSNOm5EGrmnkjoMc7wKYvBGoudLODEPo_BsJux3JYswbSw7yk1lWUef8FUHswB6GRJ1hRlWMyUNWAqLfB0fsMPzTF_IipUz-Gelz9Jw4DxYfvwdiovi_WO2EpOY0iR4YHYlyJ_tu9jE_HeLq9BOAnxSKgN0zIvBDSX3POJPDRpUInbL5WuIHsT0pD8a_Y-dO70fMYQZEi78bncjSZsItQRJ57XmH8_k4MwtcPEV6bL4C01nL5a0r4wQUygKwgZOusRF7IODgulLdBDhU1_o8sS-4KK_0fXOPHsz9U4uwc95axYATTN9XKonNgstMBrIV-h5ALV3ynWzqhUOPaFcF579F-wB_YQDChJzCtveeLOVLMnGHivOZuxpDo3435XXHQHtD_SU-qg9Im7z5O8Jqe9BJUOntlyo_juUjO7VcIgsXtQmSA9WZrf-ra71sMwvPrw_x56B-EHgQLm1i02CsFj6E0EQ2vK9gNQNKooiQzbJ-p65v3Sf4erWpl4PjjpafgEpz934FggVP47nCanpUVNxXu0H684YB3gqi0NOOdr4IO-RstFDMoYlmU-ODaKkRXHHB-0oauhf_zrIhsJoTTrpEIc73j=s918-no

These lemon ricotta pancakes were the BOMB

We drove back to San Jose, had lunch with Mike who had the day off, and then we headed to San Jose airport for our flight.

The flight was super short and sweet, and in no time at all we were back at Steve's home in Hemet CA. I don't really have many pictures of the first few days. We were just hanging around with Steve's parents. His dad had been released from the hospital the day before so that was good. He can do most tasks by himself, but just very slowly. You also have to constantly remind him to buckle his seat belt or he'd forget.

We did try and get him outside though, we went to one of the casinos on Wednesday and ate at the seafood buffet which he loves. He finally got his appetite back since he loves crab legs! Steve peeled them for him and he was able to eat many of the things he likes. I got him his favorite, soft serve ice cream on a cone which he got many times on the Disney cruise ships.

JdPoWRypxuP4F8K87xd6K5v-7uI242dSQeUM1cGpexdMT8pRmDTkWVtSsA54Hg_lK9CeI3d0wo00pw_13dDAe1uS6uNJ3a0Q1lLqRpglzqRAfB8agQn-RCE2-OBZaA7auMo-KsF9vOq9TI1UInjW0FVbeMG7DYoSc0JahdE5Q1kRxA52wJWxK1hrbeBx3ECb-gVrCaC3cOziJUQU-pQyH4eSvstaOU5yIW2cN21ngz21kmpvvS3Gtcb-F1jrSD_SB43pAJMoVkJhMPAWvB4eRL84ktSUdWf6fNCJI67S0jPtG5Hn0XN4ysqwHxrRKl_PRQBEgavbuDOocFiO_GfpOEvJB-jnIwnyq1p38OwMUpioBMAiZiJNUBM6OXQ6QPHf2VtVa8QnB7OyapaHYJyOABWfrPBiwvmS3duoZW47lZMtLPP82XfrBXEDQ42xQHL6IUztBtWzyUV0SXEkLTVMgDrZ7jcZniJ5AwD864DNGQ0QwQ8fhQut106Miu2HC__Zz0R778hwzw7XVUFAqqvKo2jHNb7v7fb0ns6YEPS8NFAjz_XbPnUtsLYoyaegOSnE--8WJkVzrFjtZ4qi5H4LrFIn2KMsHKOezNoKRjib=w689-h918-no

Then later Wed evening, Steve sent me to Anaheim!!

eYlpElllgyvNKS8XkkeRbfRzvAcVNtsWSL4bzS_-Cy55PEWwxTHe1g6vIvcw2-hRb6nqrfjnTs4Q9LHwsYgZGlOtqmCl5sKen9pdNcQB65ibaxyyZnzYSZQo2y2q8fvtBV576InktsLfcM0q1rFPok8rqRhIdU6ljUmeX8fptg3L1EF5HmOBFRveYlgiXz7pTVMT0cik3kQsyMwu5Awn4S3F4G_Mt-AIVii51otR81eTJhi4AyURTlEkltROuyZzDuyq6CScXxMmCX1SFq1ueXgfyPpvQzZgdcxbizSVxdny1K1q1J2SGFRigjnhCw9Pixov99-DDpP1KwRUhr4uXn2TAoA9T7KGSna_MyWkqKNsUdiAFy4yGie-rien7tf1ECXY_sbCFnJs_g-rZEf_qWc5k3UbltF0HslbRWvyZZu1HBQK48oGhO2ees_aKYdm2tmuj5b1MeIZd37Z8dIhL3A4ZUOBXNBWbLmUBAbUYDB7aQHk3G-QTRu_-74exGBeUWdWlwQYchl7g2uJPEhN58fHgy8-VF6rP02zm4SX7rogJY9oW8xQm1vWVjkeEOaSmgPC76EmAAKQzNvv8cLTIOF__df-B61oZPkHvhGr=w689-h918-no

Omg I was so excited. I never thought I'd be back at Disneyland for a long time (at least until Sept 2019 when we are doing our Alaska Cruise - thought we'd pop by before or after).

I have to preface by saying that...many many many friends, especially DISboarder friends, were IN DISNEY WORLD that very week. I had been seeing nothing but posts on Facebook and Instagram about "Flight of Passage is amazing!", "First Dole whip of the trip"; "So happy to be here!" and not to mention countless ride and food pics. To say I was jealous was an understatement.

But no one knew I was here at Disneyland. I can totally get them back on Facebook!
Hehe. #chunkymonkeyplots

We arrived at the Fairfield Inn at around 4pm. They had a room ready on the 8th floor. I bid Steve goodbye and started my solo adventure!

Here's the king room:

tq00o0ngt8R3UUYvIqGTEgg0AphHrLLWXvEP2Fh65nkhoM8DavFC2tWLgHTYUHkEzgLnujSxox-gyiTgQCNuzygH7Y1yrGHCOnH6-cTKjiDSO212vdSiV81B4TfMk21s3h6EQFLwxsnGxRgJxmpxX_50XWRL6CvtGI3PNmT3UfixYiSEat-X9vWGX7FGwzkvMhrnHxLZ1jm4Xdc8qNeV-xvkbtpQk98m9cn9DgpOTEOcAIFcVc-jRXOKsD_YkAx8f27vT_loidw4xLxRZg3mkkVJGzRazLumJSzD23VVsxehcHkB_kvEQU_PtluD3nb7p9GtoFhAPvZtofHFlKOWmnibW5v0OPlVs1BNde5pYi5B3ingUCSF0Jmgbkgi-Fi8PFDXLvkQmmUk8Pvx2_aXHYroTEfcQc241vikCD2WcKZ_CycYS4EBVSetkJgXPtFOcW2cVwu-2oOVytK1vEODj2bekT5YvKJWIX_-pmdVtlfYNQXPbhrtV_-wkxQdStfveS13kgdVBl_nsPBQebFC7kRrZ3DT-Qpp9DXPgU1OyxD34t3Vl8rJxd1hwRRe6WcrTKa07cujw1rGx5SmlAO74OMXCQfDDPI0st7fjBO3=w1224-h918-no

Q2QmktvV1HpGsf3RcHZQ_tOzXHi8TJoL_IkrgFahs47zI1y4bPn2BgfFX_hg1aIo9Ew7tuZsZDpFIV9CXHXrE05yUik1jnvhBIK1Ks-7H1CFCZ7FVq4etM7cT_dzwD9kiVuyxCilXw2NT6nIqCrh9E6Yio8gHdQwINpxqMP0H1e2_EfprXl7YzbcKHE6msSOGF-x6dpN_EqJWNI1BOuZBA5gKYlJQ1KXjxZe75WXLbEU6y9xYsAI1dc6pk40JtSNET15GLxhgfDbYmIZyQNU-3IK9eDoZ9sf-xfqRya-B_jH37zNOP7uMEORTgrbSUgPsk24SeZGtz9s9-PTN0ULcp86S40PEcwppz32OpaWN-SoFvpK4aet2bcima0fvgLmB39nNwvvE8rWy5iYrrC2pW58Hag9vn7uy-wySol2iBJ8BOCWBvUS0dxgw2CnAH4963hQhB2WTGZPJgdE_YPY4efqz2ETa3DVAlZGk8U3R033Ot4Mis4J0us0GTLmzrIcSCWM4BG30HxDu_bwZilU0s9dOBZe6xY2s4HwqV1fTrAxUkMDnRzLiO6MODIWnHFDgZC1W9VOrvpLbGgqevz0U54ETu44jusNft801Bz1=w1224-h918-no

It was spacious and clean. Reminded me a bit of the moderate hotels at WDW.

I took a shower, rested then headed out to meet @Lesley Wake at Disneyland! The event started at 9pm -1am but we got to go in at 6pm! How fun!

My outfit (wait everyone travels with Star Wars/Disney clothing, right?):

CEWwXDCk27M4k3SGG-Xw0fKEcyCtyfkMTjDLZbf5PDFkcr8HhC4dYaUhPb50xRZQxle_pn69ut1uQfPo5aybx1fIw58B-mNIuFMJz1RFgGR_sSc1SqMZYzOXkH_NwqIj27yy9xTC00qSi-nDHakjikOrAhiLQCxpECvVuXMscdmyJvIu00WvY5buxi0ICSI2qajxdw-WMpm8R1MejKKOr-icl6qlvLEaFGkclnM6A853G3UGmvXj1L0mqTOfBXdm5Qxvv7pUixQOXRTqAp9_jOxmHqVyM7ulBmi5i0tQdGjhv1GKlc6xTX-GxaR8C824XwSiZgx7oPSOjKesc8KagWHniHGYBpFYrW5PDS-bHPnQB6gHVbyS12spx8O52F-2_FSi2eYB3WjycZ5uulAzMnVJSU_KYHqQmRA9ho1FKg86iqhoaHzSK2w2mlC1zicXuBlGNTB_AhpqlfFhsnFhd0AMm0iGAxR7wg81rqgdRtXZXX9jB_mqy6kla71tKJVwOEivlETuDb3pIQqn_3wmehxRTzNN7-E2jjS7VSiHRPbAy97F-iFQrICBwtnxeOTnPPopfbm-N7MwVP6VkFZDx3S33IBCrf6cnm-zXd-E=w689-h918-no

When I walked out the door, I saw this view:

bxeTM-gQ9zN-MwNCs-ouRWrlVgVOiRmZ4RIQwPnKd-oenfqzQVBhVeFh_Xbpj6nuR_v4j7CDCD9i7cCUFlU6ynXOvBElDcKjUZUGsUK4s0P3FqPsbJLzlPmRi9fPHlM9nsksaBn9MKD8ivhSPYyDaExSfm7f8UhGt4O8oZMasGtQrs9jnONrFr7c3xC13-KLNWWiQpdwsDSnlv_LryX0bcvNPC1yBv3kLb6sECJEV9FO3j5cZH1ESy89Bq131p70qqdhBAPmKTqTGltJPKYoC_uj6hLl62I5wAJwT0AHK_u8n_K3ddXzH-Ha1xQ6da9tCOfhRCFcXgoRD6-_nb6A48SPG2Z5D7VijfieIPQ7VvxD2GsiCBL6JQpnzuYQvu-dIxx0-ILtIXbBAWK8QaRCVQOvy4ilGjlVArCn9vYxq-FR1OtHruuuozKwoOJl1SbTT6Xk6gzh_CT--UBS67f7QxSsTfGeaAA1-tKrqY4VpK9llLWSDius6DfxwYhPPWX3dQHHd9LZNJ0ImCstcxCZZx0F-TaF9u6Wjt-smgZWxzxvGHVCkP6VcmE_iaM-OfDXLcQyw3vxrt3DDQQwK_7OMeGHhr7wkbCOCPKSzXHT=w690-h918-no

I was directly across from Space Mountain!!

I walked the short few blocks to the crossing and I saw this sign.

YTJYSLqViwKNstbtnggE9gf-YNZFrpFBmjkONucIBFE8vCsfSjncBQeQc0fzQ_OOoH28PkkpBDjr6Qu4Fzqyv5QVKD_9dvWlGSTEmbC5i7SGPrgyY9UvcDBmYTekwkxIHffHAQadHXmbF50o5wL0pWd9A8lvFOrQ8cOUBCki-kkNZeTQCkgL591nrQ-uRtQA4p5jlCOYu9GtKn5TtPudj-odI90HWHOcv1wZoDcDQkyyPRT_bTRfdMY8_BKK68isBmT1r0Dlb9brBK3P9YRt7ZqDXuJJ4AXpvdqP6tWjfxU_M1zx8Rt4ngDbP-bxfxi8E1S1UNdL4CJGoF6bhWr07gmk4Qv6U7nL4Ki-Zy-rqw-tFpRMkpCYxpBcoRUsfdzf_RyRbd1EAPuypcKyydu-Ge0GOLyxdttLg2NNtaFniPuVTWaoXTp65iHyg9X6PcNGKv6y7YuDYMvb4p_2g0O67EQRL8bHwJ8v0ASmenDXXbR9KalGSsbpBRVdT0qOOjEOQuHK5rcaO2aPo9E_8Qns0A7X9qdRAkHY9CYddlzyeFlQOzK9UNLUN9Swu669TOKUGKiJP-jvwKGNOSG1YVFFBOMYT4CYY9YIXsK4DiVQ=w689-h918-no

I was finally here! Pinch myself now!!

Disneyland After Dark, stay tuned.

Last edited:
Thank goodness the stroke was a mild one and in some ways fortuitous that you were already scheduled to be on the west coast. I hope that he continues to improve and I'm sure it was much appreciated to have Steve there to help in the first few days home. Sounds like a flurry of activity getting all the arrangements settled. Steve for sure wins all the awards for sending you to Disneyland for the day and oh my goodness how perfect that there was a Star Wars party! But so much fun before you even got there! All your meals look positively delicious. I'm so bitter we don't have In 'n Out here on the east coast. I do love Shake Shack but I want more! Napa is definitely on my bucket list -- it looks beautiful. I love how compact Disneyland is. Your hotel looks like the perfect place to rest your head for a quick stay. Is your necklace the Millennium Falcon?? I want to go on a shopping (and dining) spree with you one day!! :flower3:

Food & Wine is my absolute favorite time to visit Disney. I'm currently working very hard trying to find someone to go with me this fall. A short solo trip may be in my future and I'm okay with that, too.

Sounds like you had a great time in San Jose and Napa Valley. Maddie has gotten so big! I remember reading one of your trip reports when she was just a little bitty gal.

How lucky you were able to manage a visit to DL! I seriously want that Sulley popcorn bucket!!!

My daughter and her family stayed at that Fairfield Inn last October and were very pleased.

Looking forward to reading more about both of these trips!

Looks like Napa was awesome! I need to get up there!

It was so surprising, in a very very good way, to get your message you were going to be in town! And a great coincidence that Star Wars night was the same time!

Also it was fun to keep your secret for a couple days!

I'm glad to hear Steve's dad is doing better, hopefully things continue to improve. Galactic nights looks like it should be a lot of fun!

I'm sorry to hear about your FIL, but it sounds like the change in plans worked in your favor ;)

Sounds like a nice time with family in San Jose and then a nice day/night in Napa!

Can't wait to hear about Disneyland!

Glad your FiL is doing ok. Strokes can be scary, but sounds like he weathered it pretty well, all things considered. How sweet of Steve to suggest you go to DL!
But no one knew I was here at Disneyland. I can totally get them back on Facebook!
Hehe. #chunkymonkeyplots
#missionaccomplished :flower1:

So sorry to hear about Steve's day. I hope he's getting a little stronger each day.

Wow you really are close to Disney. How nice would it be to be able to just walk to Disney World? I hope the Star Wars party was great. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Sorry to hear about your FIL. I hope his condition improves quickly. The hotel at DLR looks really cool. I like the Disneyland wallpaper.

Glad Steve's dad is doing well.

I also got a 1-day park hopper. It was so painful at how much it cost!

Tell me about it. Our APs are up soon and we're staying at AKL before our cruise (short 2 day stay). We keep looking up how much a 1 day would cost us if we want to do the parks. But I can't pull the trigger on a 1 day price. Ugh. We know we'll probably go back in 2019 anyway. Plus we have one more trip with our APs before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!