Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2022 (Nov. 3-6, 2022)

It looks like to me that you can edit almost all the info except name, birthdate, sex, and email address. I could alter all the other info right now. Rundisney gives you dates after the fact that you can go back and submit POT, so I'm pretty sure it is editable until whatever day they cut that off. I think it told us a date for Wine and Dine today, but no lie, I was trying to fill and complete as quick as I could.
Thank you for checking for me! I can handle getting those right!

Oh, and anyone want to start taking bets on the over/under on how long it's going to take for me to get a response. I'm starting the betting at two weeks and three more attempts for me to communicate with them.

Color me surprised, but I actually got a response from runDisney at 5 p.m. tonight. As predicted, they wouldn't switch the payment from my credit card to the gift card, but by tonight, the money was back on the gift card. Good thing that I have a Dopey registration to use the gift card for next month.

If anyone who registered today has time to check what information can be changed after the fact, I'd really appreciate it. I'm going to need to register multiple people for Marathon weekend, and I'm wondering what I can autocomplete with the wrong information and fix after the fact. Also, are you able to switch from POT to nonPOT? I really appreciate it if anyone has a minute to check for me!

You can go back in and edit any info that can be entered in the first place, usually auto completed if you are signed in. The key is to be sure all drop downs have something selected, such as shirt size, that’s a killer at the pay screen if something is missing.

And yes for POT, I always choose the first non POT to speed the process then go back after my confirmation email to put in my POT.

I also put a reminder on my calendar the day before POT cutoff to double check my registration info

My husband and I are in for the half! It will be my first half since having kids, but I did the Enchanted 10k during Princess Weekend and loved it soooo soooo much that I was able to convince him to do a couples trip during race weekend (plus it will give us a great reason to train over the Summer!) I am very excited!!!
DH is way faster than I am, so I am thinking at some point he may get a head start and hold a spot for me for some character pictures lines - or is that frowned upon?
Either way, I am just so happy to know I will be running a Disney race again :)
Time to think about costumes now (DH definitely won't go all out but he may be open to something subtle or Disneybounding!) :)
I'm the slower runner, so my husband goes ahead when we see a character stop coming up (if you see an RV coming up, there's a good chance it is a character stop). I just hope your husband is more observant than mine. We had a friend in an earlier corral texting us who was coming up and where. So my husband ran ahead to get in line, but completely missed Ariel near her grotto. I got there, took a pic, and kept going. Sure enough there he was in line for Gaston just a little ways up. How do you miss a character?!
The only time people will get upset is if you do this and then want individual pics and take forever to get set up. My husband and I run up, get the pic quickly, and run off.

I'm the slower runner, so my husband goes ahead when we see a character stop coming up (if you see an RV coming up, there's a good chance it is a character stop). I just hope your husband is more observant than mine. We had a friend in an earlier corral texting us who was coming up and where. So my husband ran ahead to get in line, but completely missed Ariel near her grotto. I got there, took a pic, and kept going. Sure enough there he was in line for Gaston just a little ways up. How do you miss a character?!
The only time people will get upset is if you do this and then want individual pics and take forever to get set up. My husband and I run up, get the pic quickly, and run off.
Thanks - that’s the strategy we were aiming for! Good to know it’s something we can do!
I don’t think my husband will be very observant but I am ok with it 😊

Color me surprised, but I actually got a response from runDisney at 5 p.m. tonight. As predicted, they wouldn't switch the payment from my credit card to the gift card, but by tonight, the money was back on the gift card. Good thing that I have a Dopey registration to use the gift card for next month.

So happy for you! I wish they would have made it that easy for me :P

I really don't get why the challenge can't be all 3. I wasn't going to pay $100 more to run 3 miles. Princess Challenge was all 3, right?

10K is open as of 10:26pm eastern

EDIT: gone as of 10:36pm

Last edited:
What are the chances of the 5k opening up again? Slim to none? And I assume if it reopens it is open for mere minutes. Is that correct? I'd like to do the 5k, but right now I think maybe I'll just do the virtual assuming the 5k won't open up again.

What are the chances of the 5k opening up again? Slim to none? And I assume if it reopens it is open for mere minutes. Is that correct? I'd like to do the 5k, but right now I think maybe I'll just do the virtual assuming the 5k won't open up again.
I'll add you to our list of those looking for an entry. It seems like they reopened registration at various junctures over the last few days, but only open for a short window.

No Merchandise until the expo 😡 Thursday AM is going to be a stupid ZOO. Does rD realize they’ve just created a worse experience than the lines for Flight of Passage when that first opened?
I’m actually thinking of renting a car at MCO when I arrive, just so I can get to the stupid expo with all the EBay stalkers 😡

We’re glad you reached out to us about merchandise for the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend.

Event-specific merchandise for this event is limited and only available for purchase at the runDisney Health & Fitness Expo. However, general runDisney branded merchandise may still be available for purchase outside of our event weekends. On the runDisney page of the ShopDisney website, you may search for all available runDisney items.

we look forward to seeing you cross the finish line again at a future runDisney event.

Kind Regards,

No Merchandise until the expo 😡 Thursday AM is going to be a stupid ZOO. Does rD realize they’ve just created a worse experience than the lines for Flight of Passage when that first opened?
I’m actually thinking of renting a car at MCO when I arrive, just so I can get to the stupid expo with all the EBay stalkers 😡
like I said above more than likely they are removing the convenience of preorder so that more people try to get into whatever Club RunDisney tiers offer early expo entry.

I still wish that at least for the areas with official merch were restricted to runners and their friends and family and make the vender part of the expo open to the public that could easily ease the chaos and the black market.....

also I'm calling a "Virtual Queue" being instated for the Arena either at Springtime Surprise or Wine and Dine

like I said above more than likely they are removing the convenience of preorder so that more people try to get into whatever Club RunDisney tiers offer early expo entry.

I still wish that at least for the areas with official merch were restricted to runners and their friends and family and make the vender part of the expo open to the public that could easily ease the chaos and the black market.....

also I'm calling a "Virtual Queue" being instated for the Arena either at Springtime Surprise or Wine and Dine
Its too bad they can't at least only open the Expo to the general public (aka mostly ebay resellers) on the final day of each race weekend. They can still unload the merch that is still available but since most runners hit the expo the day before their race, they will have already gone before the final day of each race weekend.

Its too bad they can't at least only open the Expo to the general public (aka mostly ebay resellers) on the final day of each race weekend. They can still unload the merch that is still available but since most runners hit the expo the day before their race, they will have already gone before the final day of each race weekend.
This would be a nice compromise.

I like the virtual queue idea. I’d be much more hard-core about access to the Disney shopping area though. On Thursday and Friday, the rule should be “No Race Bib, no entry”. Maybe they could key it to the Magic Band system so that you don’t actually have to present your race bib.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter