Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2022 (Nov. 3-6, 2022)

I'm contemplating doing the virtual 5K for the medal. I just don't want to have to wake up early at Disney 3 days in a row. When do the virtual races open?

Does anyone know the email for runDisney? The contact form on the website isn't working (repeatedly getting the error "Sorry, there were one or more errors on the Contact Us form you submitted. Please review the required information and try submitting the form again." without telling me *** it's having an issue with).

I called and left a message, but have no hope that they're going to return that phone call anytime in the near future.

I'm contemplating doing the virtual 5K for the medal. I just don't want to have to wake up early at Disney 3 days in a row. When do the virtual races open?
Friday

Costume Wise I'm leaning toward something Coco inspired for the 5K and possibly something Epcot inspired for the 10K

I've got Soul!! Registered for the Soul HM. Friends registered for the challenge, but they.... actually love to run. I just love any fun excuse for themed costumes! Bwhahaha!

Does anyone know the email for runDisney? The contact form on the website isn't working (repeatedly getting the error "Sorry, there were one or more errors on the Contact Us form you submitted. Please review the required information and try submitting the form again." without telling me *** it's having an issue with).

I called and left a message, but have no hope that they're going to return that phone call anytime in the near future.
When I had an issue, I got an email back from runDisney@disneysports.com - I'd try that!

Got our family of three in for the 5K. Second Disney 5K for the 10 year old! Sadly our friends that we are traveling with got locked out right at the end of registration. Will stalk and hope that more get released.

When I had an issue, I got an email back from runDisney@disneysports.com - I'd try that!

Thanks, I just sent an email.

I'm glad that this happened for this race and not Dopey.

Oh, and anyone want to start taking bets on the over/under on how long it's going to take for me to get a response. I'm starting the betting at two weeks and three more attempts for me to communicate with them.

I guess it's only fitting since I am the OP on this thread, but after some hemming and hawing, I decided to pull the trigger. Will be running with my younger brother, who also did one of the last Disneyland halfs with me. We're doing the Soul Half, and our parents (who instilled a love for Disney in us with many childhood trips, and for a year or two had an EPCOT after 4pm pass) will be joining us for the after party!

Congrats to all who managed to get registered! To those who didn't, keep checking! It seems many of the races will periodically open back up.

Oh, and anyone want to start taking bets on the over/under on how long it's going to take for me to get a response. I'm starting the betting at two weeks and three more attempts for me to communicate with them.
Aren’t you optimistic this morning 🤣

Seriously I hope they get this fixed soon. Ridiculous how bad their IT is.

Well, I got the Disney tech fail for the day.

So I was trying to use a Disney gift card to pay for my race registration. When I couldn't get the race shirt drop down to work, I bypassed it (and the system let me) to go on to payment. I put the gift card number in and THEN it told me I couldn't do it because I didn't have a shirt size. Went back in, filled out the the registration again (this time it had the shirt size drop down), but couldn't use the gift card. Checked the balance. Even through the registration didn't go through, they took the money off the gift card. Ugh! I just wanted it DONE so I pulled out my credit card. Thankfully, I'm going to need the gift card for Marathon Weekend. Off to write a "your IT sucks and fix this!" email to runDisney.

But I'm in for the challenge.

Wanted to let you know that this same situation happened to me for Dopey regarding the Gift Card fiasco. I will never use a gift card again. runDisney will do NOTHING to help - they will tell you that they did not charge the gift card because you didn't get registered. I had to go through Disney Gift Card services and they were able to refund the money (takes a few days for them to verify you did not make a purchase).

Just my experience. Hope it helps.

Wanted to let you know that this same situation happened to me for Dopey regarding the Gift Card fiasco. I will never use a gift card again. runDisney will do NOTHING to help - they will tell you that they did not charge the gift card because you didn't get registered. I had to go through Disney Gift Card services and they were able to refund the money (takes a few days for them to verify you did not make a purchase).

Just my experience. Hope it helps.

That makes me VERY nervous! Fingers crossed that I don't have to go down that path.

Got our family of three in for the 5K. Second Disney 5K for the 10 year old! Sadly our friends that we are traveling with got locked out right at the end of registration. Will stalk and hope that more get released.

If it's like other past weekends, then keep an eye on the site or here and there's a reasonable chance it will open momentarily. Maybe @EPCOT-O.G. could post on the first post usernames of those hoping to snag on a reopen, and then when anyone sees a reopen people can check the first post and @ them at that moment (or DM them). Just a thought on helping out the DIS community.

If it's like other past weekends, then keep an eye on the site or here and there's a reasonable chance it will open momentarily. Maybe @EPCOT-O.G. could post on the first post usernames of those hoping to snag on a reopen, and then when anyone sees a reopen people can check the first post and @ them at that moment (or DM them). Just a thought on helping out the DIS community.
Love that idea! Send them to me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!