Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2022 (Nov. 3-6, 2022)

Maybe "magic" is the theme? Coco and Soul with the world of the afterlife, Raya and the dragon, and the Genie himself?

I'm too lazy to google this. All of the movies used are Pixar, right? Except for Genie (obviously.) I'm having trouble finding the common thread of these movies other than maybe magical "creatures" are in them??? Or maybe that all of the main characters are POC?
Raya was Disney. Coco and Soul were Pixar.

I don't like the theme at. If the dates line up for us we may still go but it will be despite the bad theme, not because of it.

The theme is shill our IP as far as I can tell without any cohesion.
It’s supposed to be like 2019 where it’s supposed to represent the cultures of the world tying into world showcase with an emphasis on music as seen in the key art but also cuisine

Page 1 mentions a Disney promo card. Is that still a thing?
Edit: Nevermind, found it!

Last edited:
Theme seems to be roughly around "music and magic" -- which has the alliteration going for it, so that's something. 😉

While I enjoy seeing the 'fab 5' in medals, I understand they have marathon week for that. And to be fair, when I think of "wine and dine" at Disney some "music and magic" should definitely be part of the package.

I'm glad I decided to go for Marathon weekend instead of wine and dine this year. While I like the individual themes, I just don't see how they relate to each other.

I don't love or hate the themes. I like that they aren't repeating villians and like that they are doing something new. The medals could be really cool!

Genie is a bit of a head-scratcher. All others are newer movies and then they throw in Genie, almost like he's for the people who haven't seen the newer movies.

I'm kicking myself that our W&D 2021 costumes were Genie and magic carpet - should have waited 1 year!

Happy that they changed the POT cutoff, but it took away my motivation to get faster! 😆

Marking my calendar for registration date!

So excited that the registration dates are posted! This will be the first runDisney experience for my teens. I've never registered anyone but myself. Does anyone have experience registering kids? Can I register us all together so they don't need a separate account? I'm worried that if we all have to register separately, one or two of us will get a spot and the other won't and then I'm not sure what we'd do. A little nervous over here as we start planning for registration. Any info is appreciated! Also, YAY!!!!

So excited that the registration dates are posted! This will be the first runDisney experience for my teens. I've never registered anyone but myself. Does anyone have experience registering kids? Can I register us all together so they don't need a separate account? I'm worried that if we all have to register separately, one or two of us will get a spot and the other won't and then I'm not sure what we'd do. A little nervous over here as we start planning for registration. Any info is appreciated! Also, YAY!!!!
YES. You can register everyone through your account. If they're all under 18 (minors) then you would be the one signing their waiver anyway, and they do NOT need their own account. If you register everyone at the same time you will ensure that either ALL of you are registered or NONE of you are registered in the event that it sells out quickly/while you are in the registration page filling stuff out.

When you do the first registration it'll look like this:

And once you get through all of the screens for everything you'll see this option at the bottom to ADD ANOTHER REGISTRATION

And you'll click that option, and then you'll select the race, register "someone else"(from the drop-down menu in the first pic) and complete the required fields for that. And repeat as needed until you have everyone. And THEN you'll click "next step" to get to the payment screens.

Last edited:
YES. You can register everyone through your account. If they're all under 18 (minors) then you would be the one signing their waiver anyway, and they do NOT need their own account. If you register everyone at the same time you will ensure that either ALL of you are registered or NONE of you are registered in the event that it sells out quickly/while you are in the registration page filling stuff out.

When you do the first registration it'll look like this:
View attachment 649578

And once you get through all of the screens for everything you'll see this option at the bottom to ADD ANOTHER REGISTRATION
View attachment 649580

And you'll click that option, and then you'll select the race, register "someone else"(from the drop-down menu in the first pic) and complete the required fields for that. And repeat as needed until you have everyone. And THEN you'll click "next step" to get to the payment screens.
Oh my goodness, this was so helpful esp the screenshots so I know what to expect. I HOPE its not an INSTANT sellout. I'll be doing it right when regular registration opens but the one race I did a few years ago sold out in like the first hour of regular registration. So I'm always a bit nervous and don't want to get excited yet!

For reference, when I last did this the registration was still through Active.com. So I better make sure I have the right runDisney account I need ahead of time.

I'm completely ambivalent about the overarching theme... is there an overarching theme?!... but really happy about "Soul" for the half - I adore that movie and its soundtrack! Probably too much to hope for an all-jazz theme, but if my budget permits, I'm down for running the race, anyway. There was live music on course for the W&D and MW races, so I expect more of the same for this, at least!

I would love a complete "jazz" theme for the W&D half. There is always music throughout, but they could definitely do some cool things in different areas like they did this last year with the villain passage through the trees with the smoke bubbles. After last year and the miserably cold/wet morning for the 10K and a pleasant half, our group all said we wouldn't do the challenge again and only focus on the Sunday race-- but here I am considering registering the challenge again...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter