Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2022 (Nov. 3-6, 2022)

rundisney website has updated for this weekend.

Club rD registration on 3/15 at 10:00am EST
regular registration on 3/22 at 10:00am EST
virtual registration on 3/25 at 10:00am EST

5k: Coco
10k: Raya and the last Dragon
half: Soul
Challenge: Genie
Was really hoping they would have used the EPCOT 40th as some suggested on here. I haven't yet watched Soul despite it being "free" on Disney plus. And while I've historically loved the Genie, his reputation has been muddied given his prominence on a certain pay as you play initiative over the last few months

I was surprised they didn’t go for Epcot 40th like they did for the 35th (luggage tags/passports for your trip around the world and figment for kids races)
Also if it’s a music theme as denoted by the notes in the key art than the 10k should of been Encanto or an actual musical vs Raya

I'm not planning on running this but just came here to say Holy crap we are getting real close to ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLARS TO RUN A 10K

I'm not planning on running this but just came here to say Holy crap we are getting real close to ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLARS TO RUN A 10K
It already is...registration between 9/20-10/26 costs $156.70.

I haven't yet watched Soul despite it being "free" on Disney plus.

WATCH IT! The trailers didn't grab me either, but we finally watched it on D+ a few months after it came out. It's fabulous and one of my favorite Pixar movies.

I have a trip that overlaps just the 5K (which I'm planning to sign up for) but I'm now seriously considering staying for the Half. UGH!

Dumb question- can you drive to the half marathon start location? Or do you have to take buses? Like, if staying at Saratoga Springs can you just drive to the TTC and park?

I was surprised they didn’t go for Epcot 40th like they did for the 35th (luggage tags/passports for your trip around the world and figment for kids races)
Also if it’s a music theme as denoted by the notes in the key art than the 10k should of been Encanto or an actual musical vs Raya
Def curious about that decision, and I wonder if Encanto came out too late to be considered (and also: they probably didn't realize how popular it would become). If they keep up with this theme next year I would imagine it's a lock to be used.

Just gonna mention this before someone thinks Disney jacked up the prices: The fees now INCLUDE the 6.6% fee....so even though it looks a lot more expensive, the actual price increase isn't that bad.

I'm too lazy to google this. All of the movies used are Pixar, right? Except for Genie (obviously.) I'm having trouble finding the common thread of these movies other than maybe magical "creatures" are in them??? Or maybe that all of the main characters are POC?

Also looks like staggered start times might be a thing now??

Attachments

• FD4FF538-5B14-46BA-A012-C83C84750256.jpeg
    FD4FF538-5B14-46BA-A012-C83C84750256.jpeg
    21.3 KB · Views: 44
Also looks like staggered start times might be a thing now??
That language was used in the princess weekend stuff as well, and I'm not sure if anything for that has really come to pass. "Start group" is just a new way to say "start corral." Maybe it's something that will be communicated during bib pickup (because that's when you'd know your start group) but I feel like that could easily backfire because people like to make their plans ahead of time, or get to their corral as early as possible.

That language was used in the princess weekend stuff as well, and I'm not sure if anything for that has really come to pass. "Start group" is just a new way to say "start corral." Maybe it's something that will be communicated during bib pickup (because that's when you'd know your start group) but I feel like that could easily backfire because people like to make their plans ahead of time, or get to their corral as early as possible.

Even the "designated arrival time" part?

yes. the designated arrival time first appeared when the princess stuff got released. there's nothing in the event guide that I can find about it though.

Dumb question- can you drive to the half marathon start location? Or do you have to take buses? Like, if staying at Saratoga Springs can you just drive to the TTC and park?
If W&D corses remain the same you could either park at Epcot and catch a bus to TTC or take a bus from Saratoga to TTC
I'm too lazy to google this. All of the movies used are Pixar, right? Except for Genie (obviously.) I'm having trouble finding the common thread of these movies other than maybe magical "creatures" are in them??? Or maybe that all of the main characters are POC?
2 Pixar (coco & soul) 2 walt Disney feature (raya & Aladdin) animation

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter