Windsor Hills

penguincrazie

I believe in magic; the magic of Disney that is!
A few months ago I posted asking about Windsor Hills as I had not stayed offsite in many years. I ended up booking a 2 bedroom/2 bath condo on Comrow St at Windsor Hills. The price was very reasonable (if not cheap from what I am used to in New England) so I was weary. Our trip has now come and gone, sadly, but I wanted to thank everyone for their input and help and hopefully provided some for future trip planners.

The condo we stayed in was not themed (didn't want one that was) and had everything we could need. It was extremely clean (my most important criteria). It was spacious enough for the five of us (would have been fine with more too).

The pool was great! The people at the guard gate and the community center were very nice. The water in the pool was very clean, temp was perfect, etc.

I would not think twice about renting at Windsor Hills again, I had a great experience and can't wait to go back!

Proximity to everything. It is about ten minutes away from each park (a quick drive), its right off the main street where everything is and only about 15 min away from Walmart.

I have mostly always stayed on property, POR and BW but I think I liked this option better for my now larger family of five.

Hope this helps someone!

Last edited:
Well done on your choice .... you have joined us ... the off site brigade .

Question Did you feel the Lack of Disney " Bubble " ?

Did you miss The Disney excitement ?

Did you miss The Pixie Dust ?

By staying a 10 min drive away from The Disney Area

We have a family of five and I couldn't imagine cramming us into a standard Disney room. I like the WH condos, too!

We'll be there next month! This is our third condo rental in Windsor Hills. We love the proximity to the parks and the easy access for groceries and restaurants.

Glad you had a good time. We've stayed at Windsor Hills 4 times (I think) and I certainly would do so again. While the facilities are excellent, I think the nicest feature for a family of four (two teenagers) was the ability to spread out a bit instead of trying to cram into a small hotel room. That beats any loss of Disney "magic".

One comment on OP's Wal-Mart comment...there's a full featured Target just a few minutes away.

Also, for those going to Windsor Hills (or anywhere else offsite): be sure to rent a car. There may be shuttle service, but your life will be so much better with a vehicle.

We stayed at WH last summer, have ressies this 4th of July, and next summer. We love it for our family of 6!

We stay at WH a few times per year and absolutely love it! Just an FYI for those who haven't stayed before or have an upcoming trip, there is a new Walmart currently under construction across from WH at the intersection of 192 and Old Lake Wilson Rd. It should be a convenient option for those staying in the area.

We stayed at WH last November and are staying there again in about a week! We LOVED having the extra space and preferred driving to the parks anyway. The condo was awesome and we didn't hear our neighbors at all (there were definitely people staying directly above us). My daughter loved having her own themed bedroom! We never made it to the pool last time, but will definitely get there this trip for sure! There's a Target close by, which is awesome.

The only negative for me was the barcode scanners to get into the community were super wonky when we went - I think we only got it to work on our own one time, every other time we were waved through or one of the guards scanned it for us. They were doing this for many guests though, so we know it wasn't just us!

We have never stayed off-site, but, with our family of 7, we decided it was worth it this year to save money and rent at Windsor Hills instead of getting 2 hotel room on property. Glad to hear so many good things. We're really looking forward to it!

We stay at WH a few times per year and absolutely love it! Just an FYI for those who haven't stayed before or have an upcoming trip, there is a new Walmart currently under construction across from WH at the intersection of 192 and Old Lake Wilson Rd. It should be a convenient option for those staying in the area.
That's good to know. We were there again at Christmas, I like the Publix and Super Targer, but a Walmart there would be handy. May make it a bit busier though on the intersection.

We'll be there next month! This is our third condo rental in Windsor Hills. We love the proximity to the parks and the easy access for groceries and restaurants.
We will be there next month as well, staying in a townhome. I haven't stayed offsite since before my daughters were born when I stayed offsite on a couple trips with friends (back in 1996 and 2006). I never minded at all but I hope it works just as well logistically with kids, especially not having a bus option since it's so helpful to take the buses on days when we won't be starting and ending the day in the same place! We'll be staying for over two weeks so it was worth it to me to have more room to spread out and save quite a lot of money at the same time. Hopefully we'll be close enough that it won't really feel like we're leaving the Disney bubble completely.

We will be there next month as well, staying in a townhome. I haven't stayed offsite since before my daughters were born when I stayed offsite on a couple trips with friends (back in 1996 and 2006). I never minded at all but I hope it works just as well logistically with kids, especially not having a bus option since it's so helpful to take the buses on days when we won't be starting and ending the day in the same place! We'll be staying for over two weeks so it was worth it to me to have more room to spread out and save quite a lot of money at the same time. Hopefully we'll be close enough that it won't really feel like we're leaving the Disney bubble completely.

It is really close. I definitely felt like I was leaving the Disney bubble, simply because we had to do things like go to Publix, grocery shop, cook. If you stay at a resort, you don't do all of that. So you'll feel like you're leaving the bubble, but you'll be comfortable and save some money. So, its ok :)

We've stayed at WH before and the gates to Disney are super close. I don't think you lose the 'bubble' at all!

So glad to hear these great posts:)
We always stay onsite, but are considering WH next year, and it is wonderful to hear all the positive comments about WH. It looks lovely on video.
But it's always informative to hear from others who have actually experienced it. Thanks again:)

Its going to be a " super walmart ".
Looks to be HUGE

Down side will be traffic is going increase big time.
That intersection is already a nightmare.

yea - it is.
they tried before to lower the speed limit from 45 to 25 and had to allow it back up - so this may be a time to do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter