Windsor hills

poohlovermom

Mouseketeer
I've read alot of positive things about windsor hills from everyone on the dis.I'm thinking of staying there in July this year. Has anyone ever had any negative experience with an owner or with the condos? I'm asking everyone here because you are the experts.:cool1: Thanks:woohoo:

It is absolutely great there! We stayed in a house 2 yrs in a row then a condo. Go for it!

We just returned from a week in a townhome just yesterday. Cannot say enough great things about Windsor Hill. Close to the parks, close to all major dinning. Publix, supertarget right down the street. Very clean and quiet resort. Wonderful pool which kept my kids occupied many days. We will be returning again. Our owner answered emails in a flash and our townhouse was immaculate. I could go on and on but yes we :love: Windsor Hill!

Loved Windsor Hills- the house we stayed in, not so much. If you want more info, see my thread lower on this page.- Whatever you decide, I hope you have a wonderful trip!

We stayed two times in a condo at Windsor Hills (Oct. 2007 and Oct. 2008) and booked it again for Sept./Oct. this year. With the kids it's a great place to stay off-side, just take the Sherbeth Road to Disney.

We had just one negavite experience. When we stayed in a condo with lake view in Okt. 2007, we can't use the balcony - the lake had stunk really bad. But this was the only point and the owner of the condo was not responsible.

Hi all!

After lots of googling as well as reading on this site, it sounds like Windsor Hills is a great place to stay. Does anyone have a specific recommendation for a place/owner? There seem to be so many options, and I just want to ensure that whatever place we rent is exceptionally clean, and that it offers exactly what it says it does (ie if it says King bed, that it truly is a King bed).

I thought I had found the perfect place with fabulous Disney Decor, but then I read a review here where someone was not happy with it. So now I don't know anymore!

Please help!

PS - I'm looking for a three bedroom with a King bed, 2 twins, and for the third bedroom it doesn't matter what size bed.

Hi all!

After lots of googling as well as reading on this site, it sounds like Windsor Hills is a great place to stay. Does anyone have a specific recommendation for a place/owner? There seem to be so many options, and I just want to ensure that whatever place we rent is exceptionally clean, and that it offers exactly what it says it does (ie if it says King bed, that it truly is a King bed).

I thought I had found the perfect place with fabulous Disney Decor, but then I read a review here where someone was not happy with it. So now I don't know anymore!

Please help!

PS - I'm looking for a three bedroom with a King bed, 2 twins, and for the third bedroom it doesn't matter what size bed.

We just got back from a 9 night stay at Story Time - http://www.storytimeorlandorental.com/.

We had a great time, the house was very clean, tons of towels, just about perfect! Let me know if you have any questions.

Hi all!

Please help!

When we stayed at Windsor Hills, the following management company was the one responsible for our home:

www.floridasunvacationhomes.com

I highly recommend them. :thumbsup2 The home was exceptionally clean, the King beds are true Kings (important to us also!), and they have a keyless entry system where you go straight to your house/condo unit, enter the code and you're in the rental unit.

Hi all!

Please help!

I can recommend florida sun vacation homes as well. We rented Lightnin McQueen's Pad last summer. We rented straight through the owner and saved a bit that way. You can see the condo on the fl sun page or on the owners page at www.disneydiscountcondo.com

How much do they charge??? We are going in November.
Also, how long of a drive to the parks?
TIA;)

How much do they charge??? We are going in November.
Also, how long of a drive to the parks?
TIA;)

Don't know about the condo but the drive to AK parking lot is about 5 or 6 minutes using Sherberth Rd. You can just follow the signs for the other Disney parks from there. Less than 10 minutes to DHS, 10 -15 to Epcot and 10 - 15 to MK parking lots. ( It's quicker to DHS using the regular World Drive entrance.)

Anyone else have any reviews? We are looking at staying here in Oct. We have only stayed off site once, but I'm really getting a big frustrated with Disney's prices. It's beginning to be a bit ridiculous for the price of the rooms. Also, if it's at most a 15 minute drive, it seems much quicker than taking Disney transportation!

Hello! We are trying to plan a trip to Disney for my Mom's 75th bday for next April...the week before Easter. We have been looking at Windsor Hills because we need a place that has tennis courts, a house w/private pool, and other nice amenities. Windsor Hills seems to be a good choice. I would love to hear from people who have stayed there. I had browsed around on this forum and saw that someone had stayed there 4 times, but now I can't find that member's name.
I need to know...are the 6 bedroom houses anywhere near where the big pool, tennis and other amenities are...or do you have to drive or take a long walk to get to these things?
Also...if anyone has stayed in a great 6 bedroom place, please let me know. thanks so much!

Hey there! I've stayed at Windsor Hills twice in townhomes and had extremely pleasant experiences in both cases! I rented directly from owners (generally less expensive) but there is a level of trust involved in that scenario.

I have links and pictures in my PTR (see my siggy!)

A lot of people have rented through property mgmt companies like allstarvacationhomes.com and floridasunvacationhomes.com. The mgmt companies of our homes were Oasis ovhfl.com (for the first home in my PTR) and florida sun (for the 2nd home in my PTR).

We called on both mgmt companies to fix minor maintenance issues and they came quickly and fixed the issues to our satisfaction.

Enjoy Windsor Hills!!! :banana:

I am really interested in WH resort for my next vacation. Anyone have a lead on a great 3 BR condo or 4 BR house they loved? Really tough to narrow it down with hundreds of option sin teh resort.

Hello! We are trying to plan a trip to Disney for my Mom's 75th bday for next April...the week before Easter. We have been looking at Windsor Hills because we need a place that has tennis courts, a house w/private pool, and other nice amenities. Windsor Hills seems to be a good choice. I would love to hear from people who have stayed there. I had browsed around on this forum and saw that someone had stayed there 4 times, but now I can't find that member's name.
I need to know...are the 6 bedroom houses anywhere near where the big pool, tennis and other amenities are...or do you have to drive or take a long walk to get to these things?
Also...if anyone has stayed in a great 6 bedroom place, please let me know. thanks so much!

We are staying here next June:

http://www.romancingthemouse.com/id32.html

They have a six bedroom house. I liked it because there are no hidden fees, the price is the price inclusive. So far the owners have been very responsive to my questions. DW has priced themselves out of our range for what you get. The house was only $179 for 4-bed/4-bath private pool and whirlpool. Can't wait!

I am really interested in WH resort for my next vacation. Anyone have a lead on a great 3 BR condo or 4 BR house they loved? Really tough to narrow it down with hundreds of option sin teh resort.

I don't know if you are still looking but we had a great experience at 5mins2disney.com

Just got back from an Orlando vacation with my daughter. We rented a 3 bedroom/2 bath condo that was perfect!! It had everything we needed and was so much better than staying in a cramped hotel room with no kitchen. I loved the fact that we had a kitchen so that we could eat whenever we wanted, instead of always having to go out.

This is the one we stayed in:

http://www.magicalvacationhomes.com/vacation-rental-home.asp?PageDataID=28094

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter