Windsor Hills - Romancing the Mouse

RyJMom

Mouseketeer
We just got back from a week stay at Romancing the Mouse's 5 bedroom Windsor Hills home. I can't say enough good things about them ! We had reserved the 4 bedroom which is right next door but when we arrived they offered a free upgrade to the 5 bedroom because I had mentioned this was my son's Bday present trip. They let us look through both homes and then choose. I actually liked the decor of the 4 bedroom a little better but the 5 bedroom is 2 stories and the kids wanted to have bedrooms upstairs. Both homes were in pristine condition. Mark and Holly were very helpful - they had maps of the area w/shortcuts and suggestions on grocery stores and gas stations. This is the 1st time we have ever rented from an individual and I was a little nervous but it was great. I think they give an extra little discount if you have a referral from a prior guest - if anyone needs one please PM me I'd be glad to give you my info to use. The only problem is after staying in such a clean house for a week my house looks a little dingy- I better go dust.

Veronica

The only problem is after staying in such a clean house for a week my house looks a little dingy- I better go dust.

Veronica

You need a better MC.:laughing: :banana:

Edit: BTW, we have the same problem ;)

Hi Veronica,

Thanks so much for your post. I've been waiting to see how ya'll liked RTM after seeing your other post a couple of weeks ago. Your review makes me feel really good about our decision. This is our first time to rent from individuals, too.

Congratulations on getting the upgrade to the 5 bedroom; that was nice of them to offer it to you. :)

Do you mind a couple of questions?

Did they have pool toys? I've been trying to decide if I should get a beach ball or blow up raft to bring with us ....but then I thought they might already have some of those things.

Also, I know they say you don't need to bring anything to start with.....dish detergent, etc. If you don't mind me asking, what was included and what did you have to buy?

Thanks and Welcome Back!

:)

Hi Anna,

I'm glad to answer your questions. They did have a few pool toys- they had 3 pool noodles and a swim ring. We bought an extra ring (we had 2 that needed a ring) and a beach ball. We left those when we left. As far as the inside supplies go they had a small supply of laundry soap (probably 5 loads worth) 1 roll of paper towels, 4 or 5 trash bags, dishwasher soap and a few zip lock bags. They also had salt and pepper. Each bathroom had a new pump hand soap and 2 rolls of toilet tissue but not bar soap. We did buy a small laundry soap and a pkg of bar soaps. We had plenty of toilet tissue, paper towels and dishwasher soap. I had brought a few trash bags from home but I don't think we finished off what they had. When we checked in they had fresh flowers, fresh cookies and muffins and a carton of orange juice. It was a nice touch to have a few snacks ready to go.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Veronica

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!