Windsor Hills questions

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
We are looking at renting a condo here. Should we rent a car, or could we just use a taxi? How much would a taxi cost one way to WDW/SW?

You could try Uber or Lyft. I believe they have cost estimators on their site. I haven't used them at WDW but we always use their services in DC.

Uber would be nice—windsor hills is close and nice but you’ll definitely need access to a car of some sort. I’d probably rent but you’ll likely be ok with uber. I’m assuming an uber could get past the guard gate?

Rent a car it is so handy to go shopping .... to eat out ... ( lots of places within 3 miles )

You can also go and travel to other sights at your pace.

Yes you will have to pay for parking ...... but you could park in the parking garages at Disney Springs ( Free ) & take a bus

I've stayed at Windsor Hills many times. I would definitely suggest renting a car. The location is great but I wouldn't want to fully rely on uber. As others have said, there are lots of great shopping and dining options nearby so having a car will be much more convenient.

Rent a car it is so handy to go shopping .... to eat out ... ( lots of places within 3 miles )

You can also go and travel to other sights at your pace.

Yes you will have to pay for parking ...... but you could park in the parking garages at Disney Springs ( Free ) & take a bus
I wouldn't count on a lot of buses heading out of DS for the parks at rope drop. Precisely because they don't want people doing this.

Not everyone wants to be there At Rope Drop & the OP never mentioned it
OP has mentioned in other threads that they will likely have only 2 park days. I just assumed she would be trying to maximize those days.

I've stayed at Windsor Hills many times. I would definitely suggest renting a car. The location is great but I wouldn't want to fully rely on uber. As others have said, there are lots of great shopping and dining options nearby so having a car will be much more convenient.

What are some of your favorite restaurants near Windsor Hills? Also when you have food delivered, how do they access the resort without the pass code? I'm thinking that I will be too tired to go out to eat and especially too tired to cook but too cheap to buy food in the parks. :rotfl2:

What are some of your favorite restaurants near Windsor Hills? Also when you have food delivered, how do they access the resort without the pass code? I'm thinking that I will be too tired to go out to eat and especially too tired to cook but too cheap to buy food in the parks. :rotfl2:

There is a guard that will let them in. I do remember though there are a couple of places that I guess have been "blacklisted." We have had a list of places that they will not allow through the gates- but I don't remember who they are- we usually just ate cereal if we were too tired to cook!

We like Chuy's (Mexican food), Miller's Ale House, and Giordano's pizza. If you go to the Welcome Center/Office, they have a bunch of carryout menus. The guards will allow them in to deliver your food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter