Windsor Hills has ruined me for Wdw resorts

As our sons grew and started taking up more room, we tried off site homes and have rented ever since. We have a favourite house in Windsor Palms owned by Alison Meacham, she is easy to work with and reasonbly priced.

As our sons grew and started taking up more room, we tried off site homes and have rented ever since. We have a favourite house in Windsor Palms owned by Alison Meacham, she is easy to work with and reasonbly priced.

How close to WDW is Windsor Palms? We stayed at WH and it's really, really close to everything. Loved the Super Target for grocery shopping and the Sweet Tomatoes right next to it!

How close to WDW is Windsor Palms? We stayed at WH and it's really, really close to everything. Loved the Super Target for grocery shopping and the Sweet Tomatoes right next to it!

Windsor Palms is about a half mile from the Livingstone Rd entrance to WH. It maybe take you an extra minute or two to get to Disney using Sherberth Rd.
Map: Windsor Hills is #1 and Windsor Palms is #13
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...8.272032,-81.608849&spn=0.068335,0.11055&z=13

Hi:
For us, the private pool was a selling point. The kids were swimming from sun up to sun down. They even made the decision to skip the parks our first week there.

We would definitely go back!

Hi:
For us, the private pool was a selling point. The kids were swimming from sun up to sun down. They even made the decision to skip the parks our first week there.

We would definitely go back!

I can see that. Would NEVER make a rope drop as grand kids were swimming in a.m. and DS liked to sit and relax and read on the lounge in the a.m. We almost had to really make an effort to go to the park!

That house looks amazing, i especially love the lion king room. My family was wondering if there were any townhouses, with 3 or 4 bedrooms, in Windsor Hills just as disney themed as that house. My family just want to go back to Windsor Hills because we have been there several times and have not had a problem. However, we can not find a 4 bedroom house or even a 3 bedroom house just as disney themed as that house. If someone could help us out and tell us a townhouse that is extremely disney themed, that would be great! Thanks.

That house looks amazing, i especially love the lion king room. My family was wondering if there were any townhouses, with 3 or 4 bedrooms, in Windsor Hills just as disney themed as that house. My family just want to go back to Windsor Hills because we have been there several times and have not had a problem. However, we can not find a 4 bedroom house or even a 3 bedroom house just as disney themed as that house. If someone could help us out and tell us a townhouse that is extremely disney themed, that would be great! Thanks.

These townhouses were pointed out to me when I was looking:
http://www.storytimeorlandorental.com/

They're VERY themed :thumbsup2

Definitely following this thread. We're looking at a trip for our son's high school graduation. Want to do two full weeks. Disney prices are $5800 for one room at Riverside or $7000 for 2 rooms at Pop or a family suite. We can easily rent a pool home for $2500, plus $1500 for tickets and even if our car rental costs $1000, we're still saving a huge chunk of money and gaining a whole lot of space. The kids are not exactly on board with the staying offsite, but on our regular vacations, we always rent condos and cabins. I can't imagine we'd do anything but love it.

There are no 4 bedroom townhomes in Windsor Hills so if you are looking for a 4 bedroom, you would have to go with a house. I have previously stayed in a Mickey themed 3 bedroom condo at WH. http://www.mickeyscondo.com We loved it and the owners were great to work with. We are returning in a month and are renting the same unit again. The same owners also own a 5 bedroom home at WH as well. http://www.mickeysclubhousevilla.com

Have you tried using windsorhillsrent.com to try and find a Disney themed property? That is how I found the one I rented when I was looking. Good luck with your search!

thanks guys for the suggestions , we really appreciate it. I know a lot of the houses u guys showed me were either 3 bedroom townhouses or 5 bedroom homes or bigger. I was wondering if there are actually any 4 bedroom houses on site at windsor hills and are very disney themed! thanks to the other people for there last responses :)

thanks guys for the suggestions , we really appreciate it. I know a lot of the houses u guys showed me were either 3 bedroom townhouses or 5 bedroom homes or bigger. I was wondering if there are actually any 4 bedroom houses on site at windsor hills and are very disney themed! thanks to the other people for there last responses :)

We have stayed in WH condos in the past and like the 4 bedroom pool homes at Indian Creek( about 1/2-3/4 mile down the road from WH)
We love Happiness House but they have 4 others as well. :goodvibes http://www.houseforrentflorida.net/en/houses.php
One thing we really LOVE about his homes is that they actually have drapes/curtains on the windows instead of just white blinds! Helps my kids sleep in past the crack of dawn!

Thank-you for telling us about another spot that has some great homes. We really appreiciate it. We have been spending the last week trying to find 4 bedroom disney themed houses at windsor hills and we are having no luck. We decided to look for 4 bedrooms houses because of the extra space and a bigger size pool. If someone could please help us out and tell us some windsor hills 4 bedroom houses that are disney themed. We would really appreciate more of peoples advice! Thank-you once again :)

Thank-you for telling us about another spot that has some great homes. We really appreiciate it. We have been spending the last week trying to find 4 bedroom disney themed houses at windsor hills and we are having no luck. We decided to look for 4 bedrooms houses because of the extra space and a bigger size pool. If someone could please help us out and tell us some windsor hills 4 bedroom houses that are disney themed. We would really appreciate more of peoples advice! Thank-you once again :)

If you are looking for a home with 2 Disney themed bedrooms for the kids, this one might fit the bill:

http://www.laughingplacevilla.com/index.html?0.6870519542341784

We've stayed onsite and at our offsite timeshare - this was our first stay at Windsor Hills - and will be our FIRST choice for our Florida vacations from now on! :thumbsup2 We rented from Dave Robinson at vacationcentralflorida.com. I have read varied reviews about the properties - I can only tell you that I would rate our stay as an A+! I have nothing but good things to say about the WH townhouse where we stayed. We had no cleanliness issues - the furnishings and decor were first rate! The booking process and communication were awesome. I received a personal call from Mr. Robinson shortly after we arrived - to be sure all was well and to see if we needed anything. There was even a wreath on the door and a little Christmas tree. :santa: I would recommend talking to Mr. Robinson for your WH stay!

*Disclaimer - I am not being compensated for this review. These comments are my own!

wow! this is so cool to hear..! We are staying at windsor hills for Christmas and I was thinking I would need to go to walmart to give the kiddos a tree...hmm..I think ill check to make sure this is something they do routinely.

Thanks for the tip! :wizard:

I think we're in the same boat OP! Stayed in a 3br townhouse our first trip. Invited my dad, both my brothers and their SO's along for our last trip and got a 6br home in Windsor Hills. Now we have an unexpected trip coming up in January and I told my brother today that there's free dining for our dates. He says I spoiled everyone last year and no one will want to stay onsite ever. LOL I'm working the numbers to see what's the best deal, but like others have said it's kind of hard to compare cost vs. value. Even the kids aren't really sure they would want to stay onsite, though the fact that they'd get to eat more often in the parks is enticing for them.

Totally agree! This is our first off-site stay, at Windsor Hills, and I'm loving it! My only complaint is that the mattresses are on the cheap side, but I can just pay a litlle more next time for better quality there. Otherwise it is fantastic. We dropped my mom off at Beach Club yesterday, and took the bus to MK. Ugh, I forgot how much I hate riding the buses. Give me driving and a short tram trip any day of the week.

I really agree with you

Loved Windsor Hills---3 bedroom town house....however my 3 DD's opted to give up space to stay onsite this year. They love it onsite (we have done both) and since we are going Thanksgiving week I sure hope it will be the best for us. I will MISS the washer/dryer and I'm sure the space ;).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter