Windsor Hills..getting ready to book...Advice?

luvdisney01

Earning My Ears
We are preparing for our 2013 trip to Disney and are now seriously looking at Windsor Hills. I'm a little nervous to book because I have never stayed at this location (didn't even know about it until a DIS board friend mentioned it). I wanted to find out if anyone has stayed there and would recommend it. We are traveling with 4 adults and my 4 yr. old and 1.5 yr. old. I appreciate your feedback!

Windsor Hills is a great gated community. We stayed Oct 2010 and wouldn't hesitate to do it again. We rented through vacationcentralflorida and they have very competitive pricing. Good Luck and have fun :).

I am about to stay there for the 3rd time - I love it!! I have recommended it to many friends and they have had nothing but good things to say. The extra space is great, and I always feel safe and secure!
A lot depends on the accommodation that you book, and who owns/manages it - my friends and I have stayed in different places, and I have stayed in 2 different places and had no problems.
Happy to help with any other questions - just ask!!

Love the place. Staying again this october. We will never stay on WDW property for a long trip ever again....but we will do 2 or 3 nights at WDW. The savings and room to spread is just too great to resist. Love the pool and distance to WDW is short. Most times we get to the parks faster than with WDW transportation.

I am so happy to hear positive feedback. The condo we are considering is with LazaProperties. I hope it will be OK. Did any of contact the homeowners association before you booked to confirm everything was ok with the unit?

I am getting so excited!

I am so happy to hear positive feedback. The condo we are considering is with LazaProperties. I hope it will be OK. Did any of contact the homeowners association before you booked to confirm everything was ok with the unit?

I am getting so excited!

We stayed last November at Windsor Hills through Florida Sun Vacation Homes. We had a great time and was our first time offsite. DW was so worried about staying offsite as we had always stayed onsite previously. We didn't check with the homeowners association but were comfortable with the level of service from FSVH.

DD was 1.5 when we were there, so it worked out great for her. The playground and pool were great and we enjoyed how close we were to all of Disney!

Checking with the HOA is not a bad idea. I usually look for some indication that they are actively renting and "in good standing" so-to-speak. If their rental calendar is up-to-date and fairly full, if they have recent reviews, if they are listed on more than one site, etc. Normally, you can get a warm, fuzzy feeling from a good rental-by-owner who is actively marketing their property because they will be working to advertise it. When I see an empty calendar or no reviews for 12 months, I move on. There are hundreds of others to choose from.

What is the difference between those sites and windsorhillsrent.com?

I know I'm a bit late but I just joined and wanted to the OP know I've actually stayed in the LazaProperties unit (2008). It was very nice and they were nice to deal with. I don't recall their management company but we did have an issue with the AC and they were quick to fix. Staying this time at Oliver's Oasis at WH as the LazaProperties unit was not available. So I am hoping for the best myself!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter