William and Kate’s USA Visit beginning Wednesday 11/30/22

I was watching the game yesterday where I had to go somewhere and I had early dinner (i.e. Happy Hour) at a place that had the NBC Sports Boston available. That felt a little weird. The one thing I was thinking was that I feel fortunate that I still have hair (even if it is a bit thinner on top). But at least he's secure enough to not go for a massive combover.
It’s funny you should say that. I sent these to my DD the other day. (I was very pregnant w her and her brother when Diana died, so Wills was a teen when she was born. She follows some of this stuff with me but doesn’t remember a lot from when she was young.)

59933DA0-1DB1-4BEC-B823-EB1D2944E733.jpeg

B2AA263A-60DE-4C91-9994-0F91B02EBC3A.jpeg

DD put hearts on both of them. (Not a thumbs down, or a Wow, or an exclamation point, which says a lot for a Gen Z’r, I think. She liked both.)

I hear where you’re coming from. I mean, if given a choice, who wouldn’t want a nice robust head of hair? (I have one particular man I am close with who has had a tough time with this issue for years.) But I think William is comfortable with who he is, and he looks great for the maturing man that he is. When he was first becoming bald, I remember thinking about it, but now I really don’t. He has so many other great qualities, I’d bet that most women probably feel the same way. His wife still looks adoringly at him, which is one of the charms of this couple, imo.

Ladies - or gents - any other input?

Funny the place you went had an NBC Sports Boston channel. That’s something my friend in FL complains about not having where he is.

A little more detail about them being at the Celtics game last night.

Apparently they didn’t want to leave, even after being up for almost 24 hrs! They came back after halftime when they were supposed to leave. Kensington Palace admitted they’d kept the TD Garden visit under wraps, too.

https://www.boston.com/sports/the-b...-much-fun-to-call-it-a-night/?p1=hp_secondary

:laughing:

Celtics co-owner Steve Pagliuca said William was fascinated by guard Marcus Smart’s green-tinted hair. After asking about it, he rubbed his own bald pate and said maybe he would try it himself.

DN5GTU42JXDSYG64XRNMST4QQU-6388ee81ab4d4.jpeg

Britain_US_Royals_Celtics_Heat_Basketball_35660-6388c37469f6e-scaled.jpg

Last edited:
Funny the place you went had an NBC Sports Boston channel. That’s something my friend in FL complains about not having where he is.

I thought they had the channel, but I'm not sure. But way back when, I think there used to be options to get packages of regional TV channels on satellite or cable, although I'm not sure if games would be blacked out. When I had DISH I'd sometimes have a look at the upper reaches of the channels and I'd have quite a few, but I wasn't sure exactly what I could watch when there was a game on. Often I'd find they were blacked out unless it was non-game programming.

But I was at a chain restaurant with a big bar and lots of TVs where they typically show sports. I think they licensed NBA League Pass, which would given access to game feeds, but probably not the channel without a game on.

If you own or operate a commercial establishment and are interested in purchasing a commercial subscription to NBA League Pass, please follow the instructions below.

I was watching the Bills game on Amazon last night and they showed the Royals at another football game. I didn't catch which game they were at, but it looked they were sitting where everyone else sits. I was surprised that they didn't have a box reserved for seating. Prince William does so much for this country that most people don't know about. He is amazing.

Pea, just wanted to say thanks for posting the reports from the Royal visit to your city!
Thanks for following along!
I was watching the Bills game on Amazon last night and they showed the Royals at another football game. I didn't catch which game they were at, but it looked they were sitting where everyone else sits. I was surprised that they didn't have a box reserved for seating. Prince William does so much for this country that most people don't know about. He is amazing.
Oh, I didn’t see that! Sorry, I have been working! 😷

I should’ve told people to go ahead and update here as you see things! All are welcome to post.

I’ll see what I can find, and update as the night goes on.

It’s been so nice having them here. :goodvibes

This was what was on their agenda for today:

On Friday, the royals’ third day in Boston, Princess Kate will visit the Center on the Developing Child at Harvard University, where she will learn from researchers about scientific breakthroughs that can help children, according to a schedule provided to the Boston Globe by Kensington Palace. The princess is engaged in “ongoing work to elevate the importance of the early years to lifelong outcomes,” a statement from the palace said.

William, meanwhile, will tour the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library in Dorchester with Caroline Kennedy, the ambassador to Australia and the former president’s daughter, the statement provided to the Globe said.

President Joe Biden, in Boston for a fundraising event for Georgia Sen. Raphael Warnock’s reelection bid, will meet with William on Friday afternoon, according to the president’s schedule.

The invitation-only Earthshot Prize ceremony will be held Friday evening at MGM Music Hall, a new music venue near Fenway Park. It will be watchable on the prize’s YouTube page beginning Sunday at 1 p.m., on the PBS YouTube page Monday at 8 p.m., and on PBS.org Monday at 2 p.m.

Last edited:
So, not to rock royal or political boats... but a question from a European... who got the 'better' Kennedy connection?

William and Kate get Caroline Kennedy, daughter of John F. Kennedy.

Harry and Meghan are backed by Kerry Kennedy, daughter of Robert F. Kennedy.

Are these Kennedy's considered equal? And are these Kennedy's on friendly terms?

As a fellow on-American I can honestly say I’ve only heard of Caroline - especially since I’m Australian and she is now based here as the USA Ambassador.

So, not to rock royal or political boats... but a question from a European... who got the 'better' Kennedy connection?

William and Kate get Caroline Kennedy, daughter of John F. Kennedy.

Harry and Meghan are backed by Kerry Kennedy, daughter of Robert F. Kennedy.

Are these Kennedy's considered equal? And are these Kennedy's on friendly terms?
Cousins, they are both very accomplished individuals, not unlike many others in their family. Their huge family overall is generally close, however not all of them see eye to eye on everything. They have had more than their share of tragedies.

I would say Caroline is more well known as the daughter of the former president. Her photos were splashed across the world from a very young age (not unlike William and Harry).

1670018247039.jpeg

1670019116373.png

1670018924368.jpeg

Kerry is the daughter of JFK’s brother, US Attorney General Robert F. Kennedy, who, in 1968, was also assassinated. She was the seventh of eleven children and was once married to former Governor of NY, Andrew Cuomo. I used the reference above to William and Harry; in this case, RFK’s children could probably be compared to Princess Anne’s children maybe? As in, you sort of know who they are, but not exactly (is probably the best way I can describe it).

1670019038329.jpeg

Not sure if Caroline and Kerry are considered “equal”, but both are fairly well known.

Maybe someone can answer better than that.

Whoa, Kate is looking great tonight! :love:N

The green dress was rented, but her emerald and diamond necklace belonged to Princess Diana.

1670025225133.jpeg

1670025303152.jpeg

1670025176414.jpeg

1670036135571.jpeg

1670072993359.jpeg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...band-William-hit-home-run-American-visit.html

https://people.com/royals/kate-middleton-prince-william-earthshot-prize-awards-carpet-rented-dress/
In keeping with the event's earth-friendly theme, guests were asked not to purchase new dresses or suits for the evening. Kate adhered to the sustainable fashion guidelines in a bright green off-the-shoulder gown by Solace London, which she rented from HURR, a rental platform in the U.K. for designer dresses. She accessorized her look with the ultimate rewear — an emerald and diamond choker that belonged to Princess Diana.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!