William and Kate’s USA Visit beginning Wednesday 11/30/22

Pea-n-Me

DIS Veteran
I'm pretty excited about it.

Dh and I visited Boston in late September for the first time and absolutely loved it.

Will be fun to see the TV coverage of them and places we just saw.

The Queen's visit to Boston was mentioned several times by our different tour guides as we visited places she had visited.

They were still excited by her visit.

I'm pretty excited about it.

Dh and I visited Boston in late September for the first time and absolutely loved it.

Will be fun to see the TV coverage of them and places we just saw.

The Queen's visit to Boston was mentioned several times by our different tour guides as we visited places she had visited.

They were still excited by her visit.
Yes that was in 1976 for the Bicentennial.

Some pics and video from then:

(William and Kate will be in this same area)

1669780796354.jpeg

1669780984070.jpeg

1669781049816.jpeg

1669781138561.jpeg

Update: Admiring some of the pictures from the Queen’s 1976 visit hung at City Hall

Britain_US_Royals_53964-6387f90e8f275-scaled.jpg

Last edited:

They have arrived!

B0A9C963-B96C-4462-A4E3-70E1C6A15FC5.jpeg

Plans for today:

And here are the latest updates on the royal visit to Boston:

As William and Catherine arrive in Boston, the couple will get their first welcome to the Bay State from Gov. Charlie Baker.

The royal visitors from across the pond will have lunch with Baker and his wife, Massachusetts first lady Lauren Baker, a spokesperson for the royal couple told reporters Wednesday morning.

Notably, the Prince and Princess of Wales are taking a commercial flight into Logan Airport on Wednesday afternoon, ahead of the prince’s environmental prize awards ceremony on Friday. From there, they’ll travel the Boston area in a hybrid Range Rover.

The royal couple’s first scheduled public appearance in the Hub is slated for 4:30 p.m. outside Boston City Hall, where the two, along with Mayor Michelle Wu and U.S. Ambassador Caroline Kennedy, will kick off the Earthshot celebrations by lighting up City Hall and other landmarks in green.

The Prince, Wu, and Kennedy are expected to give short remarks. The appearance comes as the region is forecast to experience rain and high winds, with gusts up to 50 mph in the city, according to the National Weather Service. The event, however, is rain or shine.

https://www.boston.com/news/local-n...m-princess-kate-boston-visit/?p1=hp_secondary

A couple of thoughts.

The time difference will be interesting - we’re five or six hours behind, I think. So while it’s lunchtime for us, it’s almost bedtime for them! They will probably have a quiet evening tonight. I’m not sure where they’re staying - does anyone know?

I love that they flew into Logan on a British Airways jet. It must’ve been a lovely view for them coming in, even though it’s sort of overcast, chilly and windy here today.

1669838570277.jpeg

Last edited:
How exciting! I just got the book titled The Queen today which I plan on reading our next snowstorm. Love her pantsuit!

On the local news just now they interviewed some passengers who were on the same British Airways jet as the royal couple. No one knew ahead of time they would be on it. Their entourage took up most of first class but passengers said William was talking to people about his Boston visit and why he’s coming. They were the first to get off the plane with a line of police vehicles outside waiting (showed). They all said it was very cool and they didn’t mind waiting at all.

https://twitter.com/intent/follow?r...e-visit-earthshot/&screen_name=TiffanyChanWBZ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter