Will you see the live action Aladdin?

I’d be more interested if they’re had gotten Dwayne Johnson to play Genie (although single digit BF levels don’t feel right as Genie lol) or get the actor from the Broadway show as I understand he’s quite good, Will Smith doesn’t seem right but it’s a fictional character so he should get a fair shot I guess but nobody can do Robin Williams

He's not doing Robin Williams. He's doing Genie.

He's not doing Robin Williams. He's doing Genie.

Robin Williams made Genie "real" it was his humor and personality that brought Genie to life.
Will Smith will be an actor playing Genie true, but that doesn't mean he is going to be able to do what RW did for that character.
Maybe I'd be proven wrong if I watched it, but judging by pretty much every other Will Smith movie I've seen, I doubt it. He isn't that good of an an actor IMO.

Maybe I'd be proven wrong if I watched it, but judging by pretty much every other Will Smith movie I've seen, I doubt it. He isn't that good of an an actor IMO.

Agree. This makes no sense. Several of his last movies have been bombs. What was Disney thinking?

Robin Williams made Genie "real" it was his humor and personality that brought Genie to life.
Will Smith will be an actor playing Genie true, but that doesn't mean he is going to be able to do what RW did for that character.

Will Smith doesn’t have the over the top personality that Robin Williams had. It’s not even just that though because Jim Carrey has that personality but would have been an awful Genie. It’s hard to explain, but Robin Williams just had ‘it’ for the role.

Based on the trailer NO I won't be going to see it. I will maybe eventually watch it if it comes out on Netflix. It just doesn't look look.

I’d be more interested if they’re had gotten Dwayne Johnson to play Genie (although single digit BF levels don’t feel right as Genie lol) or get the actor from the Broadway show as I understand he’s quite good, Will Smith doesn’t seem right but it’s a fictional character so he should get a fair shot I guess but nobody can do Robin Williams

I don’t think the Rock would have been good. And I am a huge fan. He does do comedy but it’s different. I have seen a lot of people say this and can’t help but wonder if it his size that brings him to mind for the role?

Yes..... about DUMBO.... Tim Burton... ugghhhh...
That is def. worse than Will Smith as Genie.

I didn’t realize Tim Burton had done Dumbo. That may convince me to see it when I previously had no desire. I don’t even know that I’ve seen the original.

I didn’t realize Tim Burton had done Dumbo. That may convince me to see it when I previously had no desire. I don’t even know that I’ve seen the original.
You have not had a proper “Disney cry” if you haven’t seen Dumbo. Tim Burton doing it is what makes it the only live action coming out I’m actually interested in seeing.

You have not had a proper “Disney cry” if you haven’t seen Dumbo. Tim Burton doing it is what makes it the only live action coming out I’m actually interested in seeing.

Are you talking about the baby of mine song? Yeah, I’ve seen that clip a million times. I don’t think a real or animated animal has ever made me tear up. Not when Marlie died, not when Bambi’s mom got shot, not when Ol Yeller was taken out to the shed. That just doesn’t do it for me.

Are you talking about the baby of mine song? Yeah, I’ve seen that clip a million times. I don’t think a real or animated animal has ever made me tear up. Not when Marlie died, not when Bambi’s mom got shot, not when Ol Yeller was taken out to the shed. That just doesn’t do it for me.
The whole movie is sad. I cry at all of them. Want to reduce me to a blubbering mess? Put on The Fox and the Hound.

Based on the trailer NO I won't be going to see it. I will maybe eventually watch it if it comes out on Netflix. It just doesn't look look.

It will likely never be on Netflix.....most likely only on the new Disney + and then eventually ABC

I LOVED live action Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty. I was "meh" about Jungle Book. Hated Beauty and the Beast...

We probably won't see live action Aladdin or Lion King.

The clips don’t make me cry either. What does is seeing the scenes in context. Not always do tears come, but when they do, it’s always in the context of the whole film. At least for me...

The clips don’t make me cry either. What does is seeing the scenes in context. Not always do tears come, but when they do, it’s always in the context of the whole film. At least for me...

Same. You have to watch the whole build up to that clip. It is SO heartbreaking. And I am NOT a crier...I have still not cried even once while watching This is Us. LOL. The whole Dumbo movie is so sad...it's about bullying, basically, and I find it quite hard to watch and not feel terrible for this little cartoon elephant.

I might be in the minority, but I never liked Genie much--as a kid, he kind of freaked me out a little. For me it was all about Aladdin and Jasmine. So I think I'll like it :)

I have no interest in it, to be honest. And the whole trailer was leading up to the big reveal, which to me was just a complete thud.

I've also not seen the live-action B&TB. I have zero interest in it.

I will see Dumbo, but it is a major sentimental movie for me. I will be so terribly upset if it's a letdown. But it looks like it has spectacle and grandeur, so I'm hopeful.

I am looking forward to Dumbo but I have to admit that I'm a little apprehensive since it is a Tim Burton film

I loved Beauty and the Beast.... except the poor performance which should have commanded the very best in the role of Belle.
That was such a weak and poor performance, which should have been based on one of the strongest female characters ever.
That was it's downfall for me.

Agreed. I thought the whole thing was unnecessary, but Watson as Belle was not very good.
I also hated the autotune. As a classically trained singer, that is a slap in the face. It's like entering an art contest where a bunch of scribbles wins first prize. I can't support it and I'm going to do my best to avoid any autotuned singing, from Disney productions or otherwise.

As for Aladdin, I just don't have any interest in these remakes. The only one I genuinely enjoyed was Cinderella. I felt like it was different enough to be its own thing without relying too much on its animated counterpart. I feel like since Beauty and the Beast did so well, they will try and copy its "shot for shot" style with all the other ones, save Dumbo which just looks super zany.

I'll wait until it comes to the Disney streaming service, if and when Canada gets that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter