Will you see the live action Aladdin?

Yep, we will see it. We love seeing the version of Aladdin on the Disney fantasy. It makes no difference to us who is in it - We were never fans of robin williams.

I think that the genie looks ridiculous but even without that I have no interest. I will probably see Dumbo though.

I am excited to see it! Love Robin Williams and can watch anything he was in all day long but Will Smith is a talented individual too and I enjoy watching him just as much. I don't think he will try to "be Robin", he knows only Robin could do that. It really looks like its going to be good. I don't think they could win for losing with the Genie. People complained in droves when they thought he wasn't blue, then they don't like that he is blue.

I have seen Beauty and the Beast and Jungle Book--with B&B being my favorite Disney movie of all time and really enjoyed both of them. I was very skeptical of Hermione as Belle but IMO, she did a great job. Jungle Book was just amazing.

I am looking forward to The Lion King and Dumbo.

I know a lot of people don't like the live action remakes because they loved the animated movies so much but I think they are a wonderful way for these stories to stay relevant to a new generation.

Aladdin was in my top 5 as a kid. I wouldn’t see it in theater. I didn’t like the trailer. CGI looked funny. Music in the background seemed like a joke and didn’t envoke any emotion.

I don’t have anything against Will Smith and I like his most of his roles. But I thought he looked silly and not right for the part. They gave him a bulbous head and slimmer body. A richer blue could have been better. Aside from the look, he is delivering quintessential “Will Smith” (which I guess is why they picked him). It just doesn’t seem to fit.

No one has to be Robin Williams’ genie. That might turn out worse if anyone tried. If I had to pick someone though, The Rock first came to mind. He has the look and seems like he’d be more favorable with the audience.

I couldn't finish LA beauty and the beast because I didn’t like Watson as belle. Smith might have the same effect.

Liked Cinderella.

Jungle book was watchable but forgettable.

Malificent was ok. Don’t remember much but I’d rewatch it.

Liked Through the Looking Glass better than 1st LA.

Didn’t see Sorcerers apprentice or Christopher Robin(would watch this one).

Dalmatians was a while ago but Cruella was good.

I liked Blunt’s Marry Poppins enough.

Dumbo looks good but I might not watch it because the original makes me cry.

Indifferent towards lion king.

Mulan could be good as a LA.

Aladdin was in my top 5 as a kid. I wouldn’t see it in theater. I didn’t like the trailer. CGI looked funny. Music in the background seemed like a joke and didn’t envoke any emotion.

I don’t have anything against Will Smith and I like his most of his roles. But I thought he looked silly and not right for the part. They gave him a bulbous head and slimmer body. A richer blue could have been better. Aside from the look, he is delivering quintessential “Will Smith” (which I guess is why they picked him). It just doesn’t seem to fit.

No one has to be Robin Williams’ genie. That might turn out worse if anyone tried. If I had to pick someone though, The Rock first came to mind. He has the look and seems like he’d be more favorable with the audience.

I couldn't finish LA beauty and the beast because I didn’t like Watson as belle. Smith might have the same effect.

Liked Cinderella.

Jungle book was watchable but forgettable.

Malificent was ok. Don’t remember much but I’d rewatch it.

Liked Through the Looking Glass better than 1st LA.

Didn’t see Sorcerers apprentice or Christopher Robin(would watch this one).

Dalmatians was a while ago but Cruella was good.

I liked Blunt’s Marry Poppins enough.

Dumbo looks good but I might not watch it because the original makes me cry.

Indifferent towards lion king.

Mulan could be good as a LA.

Oh, I forgot about Malificent! I thought it was great! Loved seeing her story and not just that of Aurora. I am not a big fan of Angelina Jolie but really did like her in this.

Christopher Robin, my granddaughters loved!! They spent the weekend with me (ages 5-9) and watched it over and over. It is really cute. Funnily, only one of the three would ever sit and watch the animated Pooh movies and she only liked Tigger. The girls are the reason I think the live actions will keep these stories relevant. They honestly enjoy them a lot more than they do some of the animated movies.

I can't say that I'm excited about it - Guy Ritchie stinks and the last Will Smith movie I liked was Hitch - but oh yes, I will definitely see it in the theater with the wife and kids.

We will probably save ticket money for Dumbo which I'm way more excited about, or Toy Story 4.

I'll see Aladdin but not in the theater, we'll rent it. I didn't really love the LA Beauty and the Beast... it was OK to see it once though. But my kids have never asked to watch it again. Lion King is my other favorite right up there with Dumbo so I'm interested to see the new take, maybe see that one in the theater. The others will all wait for rental time I think.

I will see it. I thought it looked good. I didn't even compare Will Smith's genie to Robin Williams. One is a cartoon one is not. No comparison, IMO.

I will also see The Lion King and Dumbo. I only wish DGS was old enough for movies so I could take him.

I also enjoyed Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Maleficent, and The Jungle Book. I guess I really don't care if a cartoon was remade into a live action movie. It's entertainment to me and should be judged on its own merits and not compared to a cartoon.

I wasn't super interested in it before the trailer.

I'm definitely not interested in it now.

Will Smith was a terrible choice. There are several, much funnier and more relevant comedic actors who would have done an amazing job. Will Smith is no longer relevant, not particularly funny, and just...no.

Definitely will see it. The sad fact is that the world no longer has Robin Williams, so he wasn't passed over for the role. To me that makes a difference. I will see all the Live Action Disney movies. I will give them a chance.
I don’t think he would have done it anyway. His relationship with Disney over Aladdin was not a good one.

I will see it. I am leery of the live action movies, but I will see them.
I enjoyed the genie at DLR production and also the one on the cruise line.
My older DD and I saw one of the last performances at DLR. I really didn’t want to see it because theater is not my thing but I really, really enjoyed it and was glad we did it.

I don't really have any interest in the live action remakes (except Beauty and the Beast), so I probably won't see it unless someone else really wants to.

I will admit that I enjoyed Maleficent much more than I thought I would when my son picked it out from Redbox. Maybe I should give some others a try.

I agree that it could still be good...
But based on what they did with The Nutcracker, and turned it into some strange thing, so far removed from the classic story, that looked so much like that Alice in Wonderland.
Ummmmm..... no thanks....

I loved Beauty and the Beast.... except the poor performance which should have commanded the very best in the role of Belle.
That was such a weak and poor performance, which should have been based on one of the strongest female characters ever.
That was it's downfall for me.

I will wait and hear what the reviews say and decide if we will see it in the theatre or wait until it comes out on DVD.

I am not one to judge movies by trailers.

Love both Mary Poppins and Beauty and the Beast. On the other hand, I was really disappointed with “A Wrinkle in Time. Glad I watched it on Netflix.

The Broadway version was stunning. If it's anything like that, I'd see it.

I agree that it could still be good...
But based on what they did with The Nutcracker, and turned it into some strange thing, so far removed from the classic story, that looked so much like that Alice in Wonderland.
Ummmmm..... no thanks....

This is the path I feel Dumbo is going down. Dumbo was like a 70 minute cartoon. These live action trailers make it look like a rehash of that one Tim Burton directed Batman, with so much of the same cast. Dumbo doesn't have much of a human story, but this movie has all these human characters and children and there appears to be some convoluted, contrived storyline that never existed in the original animated film. I'm not interested in this one either.

I'm a Will Smith fan but I have no plans to see it. Robin Williams IS Genie, and WS will never be able to pull off what RW did with the character.

I’d be more interested if they’re had gotten Dwayne Johnson to play Genie (although single digit BF levels don’t feel right as Genie lol) or get the actor from the Broadway show as I understand he’s quite good, Will Smith doesn’t seem right but it’s a fictional character so he should get a fair shot I guess but nobody can do Robin Williams

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!