Will you see the live action Aladdin?

kimblebee

now my thoughts will be worth 5 cents
Aladdin is my favourite Disney movie. When I heard they were making a live action version, I was leery, but knew I’d give it a chance.

Then I saw the latest trailer with a full blown blue Will Smith. Based on that trailer there is no way I will see the movie. I’m so disappointed in how it looks. There’s no way he, or anyone, can live up to Robin Williams performance. I think this movie is going to bomb.

I can’t post the trailer so hopefully someone else can.

Aladdin is my favourite Disney movie. When I heard they were making a live action version, I was leery, but knew I’d give it a chance.

Then I saw the latest trailer with a full blown blue Will Smith. Based on that trailer there is no way I will see the movie. I’m so disappointed in how it looks. There’s no way he, or anyone, can live up to Robin Williams performance. I think this movie is going to bomb.

I can’t post the trailer so hopefully someone else can.

I can empathize. I was leary of Mary Poppins Returns because Mary Poppins is my favorite all time movie. Who can compete with Julie Andrews, easy answer there: no one.

I saw it anyway. I loved it. I took my kids Christmas Eve and spent most of the time crying because I was so happy to share the magic with them (I'm a giant marshmallow).

So, don't write it off so quickly. Yes, Will Smith looked strange, but it might be good.

No one can compare to Robin Williams in anything he’s ever done so you can’t go into it with that kind of expectation. Will Smith is an extremely well rounded and talented actor. I think if anyone can pull it off he can. You just can’t be looking for Robin Williams’ Genie, you have to be open to Will Smith’s Genie.

I’ll see it but probably not in theaters unless my kids hassle me about going. I’m not about the live action remakes so I can take it or leave it.

No one can compare to Robin Williams in anything he’s ever done so you can’t go into it with that kind of expectation. Will Smith is an extremely well rounded and talented actor. I think if anyone can pull it off he can. You just can’t be looking for Robin Williams’ Genie, you have to be open to Will Smith’s Genie.

I absolutely agree!

I will not be seeing it. I wish they would've never touched that one. But I'm also very bitter that they don't use Robin Williams's version of Friend Like Me in HEA.
To me it's like someone remaking Mrs. Doubtfire. There are some characters that will forever belong to Robin Williams in my eyes.

I will not be seeing it. I wish they would've never touched that one. But I'm also very bitter that they don't use Robin Williams's version of Friend Like Me in HEA.
To me it's like someone remaking Mrs. Doubtfire. There are some characters that will forever belong to Robin Williams in my eyes.

Totally agree. It’s not that it’s Will Smith that I’m against. It’s the fact that (in my eyes) no one can beat Williams’s performance.

Some movies just don’t need to be remade.

Yes. Probably not in the theater, but I will certainly see it. I am not all that sentimental about this sort of thing, so it doesn't really bother me that they are remaking it, even though I loved and appreciated the original.

There have been a variety of live-action versions of Aladdin. I remember there was one that ABC showed in the Arabian Nights miniseries featuring Jason Scott Lee as Aladdin. I suppose closer to the original source material where Aladdin was Chinese, although not set in China.

I'm seeing an Indian production of Aladdin available on my on-demand video service. Not quite sure which one since there have been several over the years.

I'll probably see it. However, my kid has never seen Aladdin. I think I have it on VHS somewhere and maybe LaserDisc.

Not a Will Smith fan. Also bitter they didn't just cast James Monroe Iglehart from the Broadway production.

Beauty and the Beast is my baby. I was Leary of the live action, but I loved it. Saw it in the theaters twice, which I rarely do. That being said, I prefer the animated version. I will see Aladdin in the theater. The music alone makes it for me. I love Robin Williams, and that won’t change.

To be honest, except for A Whole New World, I thought the score for Aladdin was rather weak. To me it’s a one hit show.

Not a Will Smith fan. Also bitter they didn't just cast James Monroe Iglehart from the Broadway production.

that would have been great! Had that been considered ? I honestly had no idea this was even coming out until a few weeks ago.

Definitely will see it. The sad fact is that the world no longer has Robin Williams, so he wasn't passed over for the role. To me that makes a difference. I will see all the Live Action Disney movies. I will give them a chance.

I will see it. I am leery of the live action movies, but I will see them.
I enjoyed the genie at DLR production and also the one on the cruise line.

It's no different than the Broadway versions. We'll see it when it comes out on video. We rarely go to the movies anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter