Votes: 51 32.5%
  • No

Votes: 79 50.3%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 27 17.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We just got the southwest companion pass so likely we will be flying on one soon. At least we will be together if we go down!

Scheduled to fly this weekend on an A321 and I wish it was on a 737MAX. They're so much nicer aircraft.

We’re booked on SW next month. Not sure if we’ll be on the Max 8. If we are, what can we do really- there are no refunds, and driving to the airport may be the riskier leg of the trip.

I think that the planes are assigned as soon as the flights are available for booking, but I just read that the flight assignments can change even on the day of travel.
Most re-gauge (the term for changing aircraft type) happens either 3-6 months out, or within 24 hours of departure if an aircraft goes mechanical.

It all depends. As it was really not the engine but the pilot error as the pilot had in the crash 200 hours. You need 1500 hours of flying.

We’re booked on SW next month. Not sure if we’ll be on the Max 8. If we are, what can we do really- there are no refunds, and driving to the airport may be the riskier leg of the trip.

You can cancel your reservation and receive a credit for a different flight within 12 months of the original purchase date.

I’m seeing conflicting reports as to if the 737-800 is the same as the 737Max 8, does anyone know for certain?

This has been heavily discussed in the news here all day, :sad1: especially because 18 Canadians perished on board and some of them were local. One commentator made a very good point. He said people need to remember that airline pilots are not suicidal. Most of them employed by Canadian and American airlines are very well trained and experienced; of an entirely different caliber than those flying for airlines based in some developing nations. They have the expertise to fairly evaluate their own risk in operating a certain aircraft and as of now, they are certainly not en masse refusing to fly these planes.

We're flying SWA tomorrow. Checked the web site and we're on a 737-100 each way. DH really likes the Max8 because it gives us a little more room between rows of seats.

I’m seeing conflicting reports as to if the 737-800 is the same as the 737Max 8, does anyone know for certain?

My flight home is listed the same as you. I would also like to know if the 737-800 is the same as the 737 Max8. I hope someone know the answer.

We just flew home last Thursday from Cancun to Chicago on one, and it's a nice plane. Lots more legroom than most planes. Of course, we didn't know about the controversy with the plane at the time! I would still fly on one though.

You can cancel your reservation and receive a credit for a different flight within 12 months of the original purchase date.
I guess, but we’ve been planning this trip for a year- everything else is set. I’m assuming if we changed to a different flight the markup would be... significant.

I’m not saying it hasn’t caused me any anxiety. It has. But in the end, yes- we’d fly.

If I managed to survive the drive to the airport, I would not hesitate to get on a 737 MAX 7, 737 MAX 8, 737 MAX 9, or 737 MAX 10. The odds are in my favor that I will not die in a plane crash.

If I were flying Southwest I would be much more concerned about the effects of their labor dispute with the mechanics then with the type of plane I was flying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter