Votes: 51 32.5%
  • No

Votes: 79 50.3%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 27 17.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough, tough one. :scratchin Logically, there's very little reason not to. That model flies over a thousand flights a day worldwide and obviously the huge majority of them have come and gone safely. I must say though, that if I was booking a flight right now and had a choice, I'd probably fly some other aircraft just because I’m spooked.

Last edited:
Just my luck... I am scheduled to fly from Toronto to Edmonton, Canada in a few weeks on a 737 Max 8 via Air Canada. I called today to cancel my flight due to safety concerns and they wouldn’t offer a refund.

So no, until we figure out why two of these crashed in very similar circumstances so close together I will not be flying on one

Sure. I have no concerns as of now. I have no flights planned at the moment, but I wouldn't cancel or change a 737-Max 8 trip if I was already booked.

If a third incident occurs within a few months, however, I might change my mind.

I was wondering when there might be a thread about this. I won’t until we know more. If all of those other countries feel it’s best too that’s enough for me.

I have no flights scheduled in the near future so it's irrelevant to me at the moment. Until it's resolved, I probably would try to avoid that aircraft, if I could (which would not be hard as I rarely rarely fly Southwest, and I never fly American). But, even that might not work, as airlines can and do aircraft swaps all the time. You might not know until you sat on the plane.

I have a flight scheduled for one of these aircraft for early April, I will keep an eye on the news.

I have a flight scheduled in April. I just checked and it's a 737 700. Not sure what I would have done had it turned out to be the 737 Max.

I am booked on a flight late April on one on Southwest to Orlando. Luckily I booked 2 one ways and used points so I won't be out money on the cancellation.

I am leaning VERY heavily towards cancelling right now, but waiting to see if SW voluntarily grounds them, if the FAA or Boeing doesn't order it done first. I have already been looking at other flight options and will make a decision soon. I will likely switch to Delta, who doesn't use these planes. I worry about an equipment change if I just choose another SW flight.

I know it's probably irrational, and I am usually a VERY rational and fact driven person, but something about this is making me uneasy to my core, and I don't ignore those gut feelings.

We're scheduled for flights on them in May with Southwest. we don't normally do Southwest but they had better flight times than JetBlue, so we picked them before the second crash and they have direct flights. My husband travels a lot for work so chances are he will be on one before May. Does it worry me? A small amount. But honestly you are much more likely to die in a car crash than you are in a plane crash. None of us know when our time will be up. My Mom died 7 weeks ago at age 64, she had a heart attack. No one saw that coming, she always talked about how she was afraid of flying because a terrorist might be on the plane but it turned out she should have been afraid of her cholesterol or the effects of diabetes. So I'm just going to keep living my life, without doing outrageously stupid or dangerous things, and hope that everything keeps working out for me. Hope they can figure out why those planes crashed though, so they can avoid it in the future.

Sure. I have no concerns as of now. I have no flights planned at the moment, but I wouldn't cancel or change a 737-Max 8 trip if I was already booked.

If a third incident occurs within a few months, however, I might change my mind.

If a third incident occurs within a few months, that will be the end of the 737 Max 8, or at least for a very long time. And Boeing will be sued into the next life (which might happen anyway after we learn more).

We have an upcoming flight booked with Southwest, I just checked our emailed confirmation, but I don’t see type of plane listed. Where would I find that info?

Its sounds like they have a software fix close to or ready. It also sounds like good chance is due to stall detection program that was relying on one sensor, though many safety departments suggested against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!