Votes: 51 32.5%
  • No

Votes: 79 50.3%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 27 17.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And if the FAA/NTSB gather data that shows the airplane should be grounded, I’m sure they will do so. In the meantime I don’t see the need to panic.

Canada didn't panic. I just said they analyzed additional data which they aren't comfortable with.

Canada didn't panic. I just said they analyzed additional data which they aren't comfortable with.
That’s fine. I’m not sure what the political pressure is in Canada.

There have been two Max crashes that I’m aware of, and quite possibly due to two different causes. I’ll leave it to the experts, but I don’t see any pattern yet that warrants grounding.

...and quite possibly due to two different causes...

We don't know that. Maybe, maybe not. The data that Canada analyzed says differently.

One school of thought, especially when dealing with human life, is to err on the side of caution.

God forbid there was a 3rd crash in the USA while all the other countries had the plane grounded. USA would be crucified like you've never seen before.

We don't know that. Maybe, maybe not. The data that Canada analyzed says differently.

One school of thought, especially when dealing with human life, is to err on the side of caution.

God forbid there was a 3rd crash in the USA while all the other countries had the plane grounded. USA would be crucified like you've never seen before.
Right, we don’t know that. ThTs why I said “quite possibly”.
I don’t think there’s been an airplane made that hasn’t crashed twice.
I also am not sure I would accept Ethiopian training of a 200 hour first officer as adequate.

AFAIK, my upcoming flights aren't on one, but more than likely, I would fly on one if it should happen to be the case.

Lol , these 2 crashes occurred on a relatively new plane within 5 months of each other. Coincidence or problem? As I said earlier, best to err on the side of caution here.
Lol , these 2 crashes occurred on a relatively new plane within 5 months of each other. Coincidence or problem? As I said earlier, best to err on the side of caution here.
Well, I guess we will have to agree to disagree.
I’m happy the airplane is still flying, as I see the evidence, SO FAR, as flimsy.
Of course that is subject to change as the experts gather the info.

That’s fine. I’m not sure what the political pressure is in Canada.

There have been two Max crashes that I’m aware of, and quite possibly due to two different causes. I’ll leave it to the experts, but I don’t see any pattern yet that warrants grounding.

Or the political pressure in the US to not ground Boeing (an American company).

I voted "Not Sure", which really means, "I would like to wait until they are 100% sure they figured out the issue and fixed it."

I would yes, no problem. I’ll be flying later today on an air bus, not the same I know but I’m not afraid at all. Probably will be sleeping before push back. That said I wouldn’t fly on any Air Ethiopia jet. Along with some other air lines.

Good thing that there is no such thing as Air Ethiopia then.

Ethiopian Airlines, on the other hand, has a safety record as good as any legacy US or European carrier. I travel a lot in Africa and have flown them a few times (including the route of the plane that crashed - often referred to as the "UN shuttle") and would not worry to fly them again. Them and Kenya Airways are the two airlines in the region that I don't hesitate to fly (South African too, but I worry that they'll go bankrupt and leave me stranded!). For the record, Ethiopian is part of Star Alliance (with United, Swiss, and Lufthansa) and Kenyan is part of Sky Team (with Delta, Air France, and KLM).

The countries and organizations that have grounded the plane have done it for purely political and public relation gains.

If the grounding was based in fact, all variants of the 737 MAX would be grounded since they have the same flight systems that the arm chair aeronautical engineers have decided is the cause. Instead they only grounded the MAX 8 and not the MAX 9.
I 1000% disagree with you. The EU for example has no interest to hurt Boeing and by grounding these planes they are also affecting EU airlines and trickle down business. Grounding these planes is costing EU interests millions per day. Believe it or not, not everything is political.

We've never flown. With Frontier offering free kids airfare, I just about had DH convinced for our next trip to Disney (14 hr car ride).

He is now back to "I'm never getting on a plane."

Flying in April on Southwest. Just checked all of our flights and we are on the 737-700 not the Max.

There is some truth to that statement.
That said, I just don’t see the evidence, *at this point*, to ground a fleet of airplanes.

We're talking 24 planes for American (94 flights out of 6700) and 34 for Southwest. (160 flights out of 4000.) The vast majority of both airlines fleets and flights would remain in the air. With so few in the air, and the firmware fix due next month, I think it would make sense to ground them.

I 1000% disagree with you. The EU for example has no interest to hurt Boeing and by grounding these planes they are also affecting EU airlines and trickle down business. Grounding these planes is costing EU interests millions per day. Believe it or not, not everything is political.
Never said the grounding was to hurt Boeing. I said it was to curry political and public relation gains.

And yes, these days, everything is political.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter