Will work for Disney.... "but this is the last time, I mean it."

MommaOfTwoMice

Mouseketeer
Hi all! :welcome:

Recently had a text conversation with my husband that went like this....

Text to DH: So, you really need to let me know if there is no hope of going back to Disney in April. If there is no chance we are going, then I am giving my notice at the hospital tomorrow. If there is a chance, I'll hang on for a bit longer to help pay for the trip.

30 minutes later....

Text from DH: Check your email. But this is the last time. I mean it.

Whoa!!! 8 nights at Wilderness Lodge (our favorite resort) with Deluxe Dining!!!! :yay: Needless to say, I will be "working for Disney" for the next several months. My hospital job is my second job, not a bad gig, but a second job none the less...

So, here I am at the planning stage which I think is part of the fun. I love the fact that I have the next 192 days to plan each detail, try to snag every ADR on my list (and there are a bunch), and figure out logistics of park days/transportation/fast pass/ and dining.

In between trips I love to read Disboard trip and dining reports so I figured I would try to write my own. Thanks in advance if you decide to follow. I'll do my best to keep up, answer questions, and keep you entertained

-Jennie

Following along. Looking forward to reading more as you plan your Wilderness Lodge adventure!:sunny:

On this trip it will be myself, my DH, DD (10) and DS (8). This will be our 4th trip to WDW as a family. Hubby grew up in Florida so he visited WDW frequently growing up....his first visit was at 9 days old! I went twice as a kid. Hubs and I went twice together before children, but just for a day or two and we didn't go to MK. Our first family trip was July 2015 and I've been a Disney Junkie since.

I've been planning away since DH agreed to and booked this trip. My 180 ADR window opens in 1 week. I jumped on the computer around 6 this morning as a practice run to get a feel of how difficult landing all my wish list ADR's may be. To my surprise, all my ADRs except for one would have been available to book this morning. The one that was not available on the MDE site was CRT. But, both BOG and CG has several open ressies at the times I was hoping for. Fingers crossed that next week will be as easy.

CRT is not a must do for me. I mostly just want to eat in the castle.... likely a one and done if I do it at all. We don't prefer character meals, but I think my 10 year old would enjoy seeing Cinderella and the others during dinner. There are just so many other choices on my list that CRT may have to be a "back up." We'll see next week.

I've been working on my planning sheet for the week!

Day 1 - Arrival Day

We arrive on Saturday April 14th. We should land at MCO around 10:15. My plan is to take ME over to the WL and check in. I'm not expecting our room to be ready by noon on a Saturday, so we will have them hold our belongings and head over to AK. I'm thinking of trying Yak & Yeti for lunch. Gotta have those Ahi Tuna Nachos that everyone raves about! I am going to sign up for the Landry's card, that way I won't need an ADR. Since I'm not sure exactly what time we would arrive to AK, this would alleviate some stress if we get held up and couldn't make a specific time. Plus, April is my birthday so I would have 2 (one for signing up, and one for my birthday month) $25 credits on the card. We could keep it a light lunch and not even have to use a TS.

After lunch, I would love to check out Pandora for the afternoon and evening. Bonus if I am able to score FP for FOP when that time comes! I'm so excited to see Pandora! I've seen tons of pictures and I can't wait to see it in person. I'll have to rewatch Avatar with the kids before we go.

Will likely book a later dinner over at Sanaa. This would be the only restaurant of the week that we have eaten at before. It was by far the best food and service we had on our last trip. That bread service.....yum!

186 more days!

Originally we were going to surprise the kids at Christmas with the trip. But, we've decided to wait. We will do out best to keep it a secret and just wake them up that morning and announce that we are going to Disney! It's going to be tough to keep the secret!!

Day 2

Planning on hitting MK in the morning of day 2. We will be trying Skipper Canteen for an early lunch. Most days, the plan is for an early lunch and a later dinner at a signature restaurant. I'm hoping to catch the 2:00 parade... I've never seen it! Then, back to WL for a swim, rest, and refresh for dinner at Flying Fish. I hear great things about FF and I'm excited to dine there. If time allows after dinner we may head over to Epcot to try and catch Illuminations. Although I hear Illuminations was on it's way out.... will we still be able to see it in April??

Recommendations for dishes at Flying Fish???

Just a few more days until I can book my ADRs!!! Does anyone else look at this task as almost a challenge??? Well....I'm up for it. Here are my anticipated plans for the rest of the week.

Day 3 My Birthday!!!
Epcot in the morning, Biergarten lunch around 12:00. Back to resort to swim and (fingers crossed) California Grill around 7:30 for my birthday dinner.

Day 4
HS morning. Undecided about Sci-Fi, Brown Derby, or Kona for lunch. Afternoon break, then Tiffins for dinner. Hoping for the ROL package.

Day 5
MK morning for a few hours then hop to Epcot, with lunch at Marrakesh around 11:30. Afternoon break with dinner at Artist Point or BOG. Hopefully we will get to see HEA if the kids and hubby are up to it. If not back to WL for a night swim.

Day 6
Epcot morning with early lunch at Le Cellier. Afternoon break. Dinner at Jiko then over to AK.

Day 7
Resort day. Breakfast at The Wave, then back to swim and relax and enjoy WL. Will grab lunch at Roaring Fork or Geyser Point and eat by the pool. Not sure about dinner this day. May head over to Disney Springs and try Raglan Road. My other idea is Citrico's or Narcoosee's. Any recommendations are appreciated!!

Day 8
Morning at AK, then head to Epcot for lunch at Chef de France. Dinner at Narcoosee's/ Artist Point/ or Citrico's followed by MK for HEA.

Day 9 -
Hoping to grab an early breakfast at GF Café around 8:00 before boarding the ME back to MCO.

I know this plan may sound daunting to some, but my family loves to park hop. And, we love our 2 - 3 hour break most afternoons. My kids love Epcot as much as the other parks, so hopefully we will get to enjoy Flower & Garden some. On our last trip, we ended up at all 4 parks on our last day. I had everyone choose their favorite ride to go on one last time before we left. It was a challenge but it was fun.

Today is 180!!! And..... I logged on this morning at 6:00 am on the dot. Got all the ADRs I was after including BOG, CG, and CRT!!! Only another Dis'er will understand how happy this makes me :love:

EEK!!! 79 days left until we go home to WL!!!! This is the point in my planning where I start to second guess my ADRs and prepare to book my FP. The one reservation I'm considering changing is Flying Fish. For two reasons.... #1 I feel like it is kind of a chore to get to from WL without Uber. Never used Uber before, so thats a little nerve wracking in itself. #2 Recent reviews.... I know, I know. But, I'm wondering if my family would prefer Narcoosee's or Citricos over FF. Thoughts???

Also thinking of ditching my departure day ADR for GF Cafe purely for convenience. We may just avoid the rush of getting there and back for ME and have our final meal (breakfast) at WCC.

Fingers crossed that I am able to score FP for FOP in a few weeks.

26 days!!! Our magic bands are due to arrive today. :rainbow: I told hubby to make sure he snags the mail before the kids this afternoon. Kids still don't know we are headed back to WDW in a few weeks. We have been asking them what they would like to do over April school vacation. We told them to give us their top three choices. My son.... Disney, Disney, Disney. LOL. Of course we are playing it off like that's not going to happen and urging him to pick a few other choices. We are planning to wake up early on departure day and draw out of hat to determine our destination. I'll have to video their reactions. Can't wait!

Decided to change the GF Cafe to WWC on departure morning. Kept Flying Fish.... planning on Uber to get there.

Started organizing outfits this past weekend. I am just so excited but having to keep it low key to avoid spoiling the surprise is HARD!!!

Yikes!!! Just 4 days until we are home!!! We've told the kids that for April school vacation we will going on a tour of libraries throughout New England. LOL. We are terrible parents!!! So far they seem to believe it. Thankfully my kids are good sports and will find the humor in our deception. We will be up early Saturday morning to catch our 7:00 flight out of Providence. Not sure when they will realize we have different plans :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!