Will Universal Resorts transfer our luggage?

arizonacolbys

Owner of 2 Crazy Labs!
We're doing a split stay this week due to availability at the resorts - I could only get in at RP our first 3 nights & then we transfer to Cabana Bay for our last 2 nights. Does Universal transfer luggage like WDW used to? We won't have a vehicle while at the resort. TIA!

It's been a few years since I did that move, the bell service guy called up one of the waiting black SUV's and they transported me and my luggage or $10 (+ tip). Not sure if the price is the same.

It's been a few years since I did that move, the bell service guy called up one of the waiting black SUV's and they transported me and my luggage or $10 (+ tip). Not sure if the price is the same.
We did this as well several months ago from Dockside to PBH. We were going to Uber but saw a Mears SUV waiting so took him instead. That’s about what we paid.

Going from a deluxe hotel to the CB, there is no free service of transfer of luggage.
Hi Macraven,

We are actually doing the opposite transfer for our December trip, 2 nights at CB then 9 nights at RP. Because we are transferring to a deluxe resort will Universal or RP do a free luggage transfer?

Thank you as always!

We did this as well several months ago from Dockside to PBH. We were going to Uber but saw a Mears SUV waiting so took him instead. That’s about what we paid.
Thanks for the info - hopefully this will work out for me this weekend! :)

Hi Macraven,

We are actually doing the opposite transfer for our December trip, 2 nights at CB then 9 nights at RP. Because we are transferring to a deluxe resort will Universal or RP do a free luggage transfer?

Thank you as always!

I would call CB and RPR and ask them. CB does not have a Bell Service for luggage, they can store your luggage in the lobby if you are checking in/out but since they-don’t have a dedicated service RPR’s Bell Service would have come to CB to get luggage. I would call them directly and ask.

We went this April and were told by the front desk there was no luggage transfer at all.m since Covid. No idea if it’s back. We were switching from HRH to Portofino. In the end, they were able to just let us stay at HRH.

They do not. You can use an Uber/Lyft, or a company called Chauffeur on Demand stations cars at the resorts.

Hi Macraven,

Thank you as always!
The info I have received was spotty
Some friends did get service while most others did not when I was last there in October

Call the hotel direct and ask if service for transferring your luggage is possible.

Just wanted to update everyone following along - we successfully transferred from Royal Pacific to Cabana Bay on Saturday, December 1st. I was able to call down to luggage services from my room at 9 am & they came up & took all of my luggage, gave me a luggage tag & then they transferred it sometime that day to Cabana Bay for me. It was there at 3:45 pm when we went to Cabana to check in. It was a very smooth process. So, it doesn't hurt to ask if you are doing a split stay soon! :)

Just wanted to update everyone following along - we successfully transferred from Royal Pacific to Cabana Bay on Saturday, December 1st. I was able to call down to luggage services from my room at 9 am & they came up & took all of my luggage, gave me a luggage tag & then they transferred it sometime that day to Cabana Bay for me. It was there at 3:45 pm when we went to Cabana to check in. It was a very smooth process. So, it doesn't hurt to ask if you are doing a split stay soon! :)
Yay! Thank you for the update :-)

I asked Bell Services and a front desk manager last week and they said they "can" do it, but it completely depends on how busy they are.

If they are overwhelmed, they simply don`t have the time or staff to do it, so it will very much depend on that, whether they`ll do it or not.

As macraven mentioned, everyone`s experiences can vary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter