will they ever sail out of Boston by chance?

pequele

Some people think they are cool because they can h
Anyone know if they are ever going to consider sailing out of Boston maybe? Would be so much easier for us than to go to NY (hate driving in NYC!).

Anyone ever drive to the port in NY? How is parking (and of course driving down there?).

I think the docs in Boston could handle the cruise line, I just don't know if we are considered a major port of interest. Personally I'm opting to go to Fl for our cruise over NYC. Don't get me wrong I love Manhattan but if I have to choose between driving 3 hours and flying Ill fly. Plus there is no way it would be worth flying into NYC between tsa and traffic just so not worth it. I do wish they would leave from Boston. I could see that being a much route for a transatlantic take off location. One can dream...

I would love to see them sail out of Baltimore, MD! There are several cruise ships using Baltimore now, so a stop here from NY would be possible.

they're probably considering all possible ports - filling up 4 ships is not an easy task.
so just as they've added galveston and miami and new york, they're probably considering other possibilities as well..

We have sailded NCL out of Boston twice just because its here. I would do DCL in a heartbeat!

I am not aware of any reason why a company as small as DCL would consider Boston. Most of the country flies to Orlando to sail DCL ... henceforth ... driving to NYC (or hiring car service) should be hassle free.

We live just north of Philadelphia, and sailed out of NYC in 2006 ... hassle free!

In the interim ... check sailings departing from Miami, Galveston, Vancouver and Los Angeles! Enjoy!
:cool1:

Side note: If DCl were to sail out of Boston, they'd be competing against their own ship(s) sailing out of NYC. The same is true for ships sailing out of Baltimore, or Bayonne (NJ). Currently, DCl does not have enough ships to mandate sailing out of multiple ports in the northeast US ... especially when the vast majority of departures are in the southeast USA.

I just saw a billboard in Boston announcing that Carnival will start sailing out of Boston this summer, so maybe DCL can jump on the bandwagon!!!

I am not aware of any reason why a company as small as DCL would consider Boston. Most of the country flies to Orlando to sail DCL ... henceforth ... driving to NYC (or hiring car service) should be hassle free.

We live just north of Philadelphia, and sailed out of NYC in 2006 ... hassle free!

In the interim ... check sailings departing from Miami, Galveston, Vancouver and Los Angeles! Enjoy!
:cool1:

Side note: If DCl were to sail out of Boston, they'd be competing against their own ship(s) sailing out of NYC. The same is true for ships sailing out of Baltimore, or Bayonne (NJ). Currently, DCl does not have enough ships to mandate sailing out of multiple ports in the northeast US ... especially when the vast majority of departures are in the southeast USA.

They would not have ships in those Northeast ports at the same time. They may choose Boston or Baltimore or NYC. I don't think anyone is expecting multiple NE ports, just hoping for some alternatives to NYC in the future.

I just saw a billboard in Boston announcing that Carnival will start sailing out of Boston this summer, so maybe DCL can jump on the bandwagon!!!

I saw that! I'd just love some place less of a hassle to drive myself to port in the northeast than driving through NY!

They would not have ships in those Northeast ports at the same time. They may choose Boston or Baltimore or NYC. I don't think anyone is expecting multiple NE ports, just hoping for some alternatives to NYC in the future.

saw this after I posted just above, but yes exactly! I mean don't the ships already sail from multiple ports? There are only 4 ships but there are more than 4 ports!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter