Will there be anything special with the opening of Hagrids Coaster?

fely1st

Mouseketeer
I was wondering if there will be any specials like food, characters or opening events during the opening days. Or is it just like "it us open, go and ride"? By chance we will arrive June 13th so I would love to join in some events.

I'm wondering if perhaps an actor, maybe two show up for the grand opening / to ride / promote the ride?

The first opening was a grand one, as they had a light show, had all the actors involved, and even John Williams was there. I do not remember much of the DA opening, but I do know there were actors that shown up to try the rides and did some promotional work. I wasn't there, so I do not know much of it and cannot recall if there was really an opening "event" for DA.

I doubt any of the main trio will be there, but since Hagrid is the feature of this ride, maybe Robbie Coltrane will make an appearance.

Robbie Coltrane appeared last month in London at The Renaissance. He was part of the promotions for Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike ride. We saw pictures of Robbie unable to walk around and was being wheeled in and out with the assistance of a wheelchair.

Poor guy has osteoarthritis and has been in agony and apparently is waiting to go to America for a special surgical procedure to replace his knee. Not sure if that's happened yet.

He did say he`d be leaping about like an elf when he`s sorted...…:)

Would be lovely though if he was there in Orlando for the opening......if not him, due to medical issues, surely someone from the franchise will be there....

Yes, Robbie Coltrane makes the most sense, but he does have medical issues going on. If he isn't able to make it I would imagine someone from the franchise would come on grand opening day, or make an appearance of themselves going on the ride prior to the official opening. If anything maybe Tom, if Robbie can't, since he's been so heavily involved in the promotional work for the ride so far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter