Will ROTR open August 28th in DL?

chimoe

Mouseketeer
I was thinking - would it make sense for DL to open ROTR at or near August 28th.

Let’s face it, DHS is a small park and unlike DL can’t really absorb the crowds(hence all the crazy changes they are making with FP,etc..). There are only a hand full of other attractions vs. DL which has 40-50ish so easy for the park to absorb.

I would think if you launched RoTR at DL, that could help disburse people into GE at each coast. The diehards will get redirect to DL to get the full experience. Than sometime later in the year WDW will get ROTR opened.

Just a wild thought. Could be totally wrong.

That would fit the initial timeline and yeah I think they want it open before the WDW opening. For DLs sake, the earlier they open it, the better, to help handle the crowds.

I would think that Disney wants as much coverage related to SWGE to get out so they will stagger the opening dates. Unless it can be ready by the end of July, I think that they will continue to roll things out separately. Keep in mind that 7DMT opened months after the new Fantasyland opened, so Disney is use to spacing things out so we go multiple times....

From what I`ve heard, the ride will only open when it`s ready -- and it`s not close to being ready. I read this on another theme park site, from a`CM`s post. Specifically, he/she said the ride is "a mess."

Sorry to bring the bad news, folks. Disney will presumably still be able to open the ride "sometime this year", as they`ve stated.

I suppose the ride could be in better shape on the east coast -- would they be having the same technical problems in both clones?

I would think that Disney wants as much coverage related to SWGE to get out so they will stagger the opening dates. Unless it can be ready by the end of July, I think that they will continue to roll things out separately. Keep in mind that 7DMT opened months after the new Fantasyland opened, so Disney is use to spacing things out so we go multiple times....

7DMT opened later because it was never part of the original expansion. It was going to be a princess M&G with each princess having their own themed cottage. Disney got blow back for the expansion being too princess heavy and they announced 7DMT two years later.

7DMT opened later because it was never part of the original expansion. It was going to be a princess M&G with each princess having their own themed cottage. Disney got blow back for the expansion being too princess heavy and they announced 7DMT two years later.

This land opened in many stages. Here is the timeline for all of the openings for the fantasyland expansion:
  • July 2012: Second half of the Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Storybook Circus queue, and Casey Jr Soak N Splash Station open
  • October 4, 2012: Pete's Silly Sideshow and Big Top Souvenirs open.
  • November 19, 2012: Be Our Guest Restaurant, a quick service/table service restaurant opens.
  • December 6, 2012: Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid, Ariel's Grotto, Enchanted Tales with Belle, and Belle's Village open.
  • March 8, 2013: Tangled themed rest area open.
  • September 17, 2013: Princess Fairytale Hall opens.
  • May 28, 2014: Seven Dwarf's Mine Train opens completing the Fantasyland Expansion.
  • November 22, 2014: Peter Pan's Flight interactive queue opens

From what I`ve heard, the ride will only open when it`s ready -- and it`s not close to being ready. I read this on another theme park site, from a`CM`s post. Specifically, he/she said the ride is "a mess."

Sorry to bring the bad news, folks. Disney will presumably still be able to open the ride "sometime this year", as they`ve stated.

I suppose the ride could be in better shape on the east coast -- would they be having the same technical problems in both clones?
You are correct in that the ride will open when it’s ready but that “CM’s” Story isn’t necessarily completely accurate either.

Thank goodness for that...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!