~~~ Will my AK Tour Work? ~~~~

Lorilais_mommie

" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the
I'm going to WDW Dec 7-14th with DH and DD(4). We will be on DDP
I know its early and maybe a little strange to plan to the last detail:rolleyes1, but I had such a bad experience last time I went to Ak that I want to see what I missed this time.
So tell me what you think and how to improve my day.

Animal Kingdom - open 9am on Non-EMH DAY
Arrive at the park entrance 15 minutes before opening.
Meet a few Characters and head to Dino-land U.S.A
(DH will run a get FP for Kilimanjaro Safari):hug:

o Ride Dinosaur:scared1:

o Ride Triceratops spin

o Primeval Whir(48”) (will ride alone b/c DD is not tall enough)

o Get in line for FINDING NEMO -- THE MUSICAL
(first show should be between 10-10:30)

o After exiting NEMO grab FP for Kali Rapids ( if available)

o Try and Head to Flaming Tree BBq by 11:15 for lunch popcorn::

o(May see if there )DISNEY CHARACTERS :tigger:
Pooh,at the Character Landing across from FTBBQ
9:00am-11:50am
Lilo & Stitch at Island Mercantile:stitch:
9:00am-1:50pm

Grab FP for Kali Rapids if didn't before

o After lunch use FP that DH pick up to ride Kilimanjaro Safari

o After exiting head to Kail Rapids and use FP to ride.

o Around 1:15 head to CAMP MINNIE-MICKEY
o Meet DISNEY CHARACTERS until 2:15 :smickey:

o 2:15 head to FESTIVAL OF THE LION KING for 2:30 show:simba:

Leave park and head to Chef Mickey's for early dinner and on to MK / hotel Which ever DD wants to do.
PS. Sorry about all the smiles DD wanted to help.

Looks good to me, that time of year is a little less crowded (last year being busier than ever but still not too bad) so you will be suprised at how much you may be able to get done early in the morning.

My first thought is no EE, but I am guessing b/c your child is not tall enough? I might suggest you use the single rider line and try it out or do a child swap with your DH, the theming is great and the coaster is on the tamer side, also nice and smooth.

Are you not interested in the animal trails for times sake or just don't want to view them? They are one of the best parts of the park, IMO.

Looks like you are charecter hunters, with a 4yr old you may want to consider taking the train to Rafiki's planet watch, the little one can 'pet' some animals and there are usually 2 or 3 charecters up there.

also there are a few charecter trails on the way to Africa, usually the lines are shorter so be on the lookout for those on your way to ride KS w/ your FP.

Just a couple of things:

If you go to lunch at 11:15 (which is a good idea to beat the lunch crowd), I don't think there's any way you can eat, see Lilo & Stitch, get to the Safari and ride, and get to Kali and ride (even with Fast Passes) and then get to Camp Minnie-Mickey by 1:15.

However, if you can get by with less time than an hour for character greetings there, you can still make the 2:30 Lion King show.

My other question is about taking a 4-year-old on Dinosaur. The pitch darkness scares some kids, the dinosaurs scare some kids, the loud, loud volume of the attraction scares some kids, and the incredible jerkiness of the ride makes it downright unpleasant for me. I would just make sure the 4-year-old is "warned" in advance.

Looks good to me, that time of year is a little less crowded (last year being busier than ever but still not too bad) so you will be suprised at how much you may be able to get done early in the morning.

My first thought is no EE, but I am guessing b/c your child is not tall enough? I might suggest you use the single rider line and try it out or do a child swap with your DH, the theming is great and the coaster is on the tamer side, also nice and smooth.

Are you not interested in the animal trails for times sake or just don't want to view them? They are one of the best parts of the park, IMO.

Looks like you are charecter hunters, with a 4yr old you may want to consider taking the train to Rafiki's planet watch, the little one can 'pet' some animals and there are usually 2 or 3 charecters up there.

also there are a few charecter trails on the way to Africa, usually the lines are shorter so be on the lookout for those on your way to ride KS w/ your FP.

Yup Charecters are at the top of our list due to by the next time we vist (2013) DD will know the truth, and the magic will be gone forever:sad1:

EE is not ont he list b/c DD will be to little, & we are coming back, so no biggie for us.

DD is not a big fan of the pettable (spelling??) animals. Like goats.
She Loves the wild ones. Her FAV is the giraffe!

We did trails last time. We spent over 3 hours going through both. DD slept through most of it. It's not on our list b/c we did so much of it last time.

Just a couple of things:

If you go to lunch at 11:15 (which is a good idea to beat the lunch crowd), I don't think there's any way you can eat, see Lilo & Stitch, get to the Safari and ride, and get to Kali and ride (even with Fast Passes) and then get to Camp Minnie-Mickey by 1:15.

However, if you can get by with less time than an hour for character greetings there, you can still make the 2:30 Lion King show.

My other question is about taking a 4-year-old on Dinosaur. The pitch darkness scares some kids, the dinosaurs scare some kids, the loud, loud volume of the attraction scares some kids, and the incredible jerkiness of the ride makes it downright unpleasant for me. I would just make sure the 4-year-old is "warned" in advance.

I've told her already and shown her you tube video. And will warn her again before we get on the ride.
She is a thrill seeker at 4 years old!
She went on bugs life last time (2 1/2 years old) and loved it
However mom did not like it at all!!!!!!!!!!!! ( bugs creep me out)
She is also wanting to ride TOT. :scared1:
There is always a chicken exit right??

I've told her already and shown her you tube video. And will warn her again before we get on the ride.
She is a thrill seeker at 4 years old!
She went on bugs life last time (2 1/2 years old) and loved it
However mom did not like it at all!!!!!!!!!!!! ( bugs creep me out)
She is also wanting to ride TOT. :scared1:
There is always a chicken exit right??

Super. You have her well-prepared.

We didn't do so well with our 4-year-old grandson on the Haunted Mansion. He was terrified and still won't go back on it now at age 6.

Had to share
DH jut got home and saw the tour i posted
He said, " Well it looks like you've got everything planned. When do i pee????" :rotfl2::lmao:
And then went on about how he was "volunteered" to get the fast passes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter