will my 6 yo dd enjoy a Disney Cruise? Characters? Princesses?

JUJU814

DIS Veteran
I presently have a regular Disney vacation planned for dd 6 and myself in march. I'm seriously contemplating a cruise.

Can anyone tell me about a Disney cruise? What is there for teh kids to do? I can tell you right now she will NOT want to go off and do anything without me. The whole point of this vacation is to do everything together anyway.

Are there characters? What about Princesses?

I would love to do something different than what we normally do. I'm just lost!

thanks!

Julie

My girls love to cruise.

Here is a blog from our second cruise and it is very child centric, as our trips revolve around doing what the girls wants to do.

http://magictrip0314.blogspot.com/2009/03/well-we-just-got-back-from-amazing-trip.html

Favorite activites are for my youngest who does not like to be away from me:

Finding Characters
the shows and movies.
Shuffle board.
Ordering room service.
Mickey 200
Castaway Cay
Pool.
Talking to the staff
Watching movies in the hot tub.
Port hole windows on deck 3.

Cruise 3 and 4 are coming up and we are so excited.

No worries about getting, mom I am bored on a DCL cruise.

We just returned from our 7-day cruise yesterday and both my 5 yrs old girls loved the cruise. In terms of characters, you can find character appearances all of the time, just refer to the schedule provided in the daily "Navigator". Couple of highlights for characters that my DDs loved was the "Princesses Gathering" and the character breakfast. The Princess Gathering, you get to visit four princesses (Belle, Cinderella, Aurora, and Snow White) at one setting. The second was the character breakfast. I'm not sure if the cruises shorter than 7 days have these, but all 7-day cruise includes a character breakfast. Every characters (Mickey, Minni, Pluto, goofy, Chip and Dale) made a point to visit every single table. So my DDs were able to meet all of them.:thumbsup2

I think 6 is a PERFECT age for a Disney cruise, especially for a 1st! We cruised when my youngest was 2 1/2 and again recently after he turned 6. By far, the best time for him was the most recent one. He loved the characters, the pools, the shows, the dining, the clubs (not so much the excursions), but he did love Castaway Cay, didn't want to leave. :)

I have a DD who will be 6 in April, and she is also a momma's girl and doesn't like to be separated from me. We just got off the Wonder last week and she LOVED IT. LOVED seeing the characters and getting their autographs, loved the pool (especially early in the mornings before it got crowded), loved the movies/TV shows on the Ariel screen, loved the shows, LOVED Castaway Key, etc.... She really did not want to go to the kid's club, but I pretty much insisted that she go for just a little while a couple of days. I knew she would enjoy it once she got in there - just needed some encouragement to go. But she probably spent less than 4 hours total in the clubs the whole time we were on the ship, and that was including the first day when I went with her for a little while. She also enjoyed playing ping pong and shuffleboard!

Anyway, only you can know for sure what your DD will enjoy/like, but I can only tell you that mine described our cruise as "AWESOME", and she definitely wants to go back!!

We just finished a 7 day western with my 5 year old DD. She LOVED it! Characters, pools, kids clubs, shows. Just everything! It was a magical age for her. We did buy her a princess dress for her bday. It was perfect for her to wear to formal night and the Princess Gathering. We had a wonderful time! You are making memories for life! They are only little once!

Know that in addition to all of the "family" activities, you are welcome to join your daughter in any of the club activities also. I went to Do-Si-Do with Snow White with my daughter and we had so much fun.

Have you already checked availability and prices? There is no availability for 7-night cruises the week of March 13, and March 6 and 27 are especially pricey. Of the 3 and 4-night Bahamas cruises, March 4 (3-night) and 21 (4-night) have the highest prices.

My kids are all adults, and we didn't cruise when they were younger. However, I think a 6-year-old girl would love it - if you can afford it.

My son was 6 and he loved it. Have a great time!

We go to Disneyland all of the time, we have taken a few family vacations to WDW and hands down the cruise is our DD's FAVORITE!

So of the GREATEST memories!

Also, the cruise is the greatest vacation for a mom! There is nothing to do but sit back and enjoy everything! AMAZING!

We took our three daughters, age 4 yrs, 6 yrs and 18 months old. There was so much to do, they loved it. They enjoyed the character interaction, everyday there were so many to see. We did many of the princess meets, and Mickey in his different costumes. They loved the pool, the movies, the shows (really loved these!), shuffleboard, the Tea Party. Even just walking around the ship, they loved. We went to beaches at each port and of course loved that. They had the best beach time at CC. They really enjoyed the freedom of the ship, getting comfortable and being able to get ice cream and drinks whenever they wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter