Will MM disappear when I upgrade my ticket?

disneylover102

DIS Veteran
My 4 day 1 park per day ticket currently has one Magic Morning on it. I'm planning on upgrading it to a park hopper when I get there. I'm pretty sure you only get MM on your ticket when you buy it in advance (not at the ticket booth). So when I upgrade my ticket to a park hopper at the ticket booth, will the MM disappear? This might be a dumb question but I want to make absolutely sure!

Possibly. When I upgraded to an AP before entering the park on the last day on my ticket, I lost the MM I was planning on using that last day. I was told all the perks of the ticket are lost and you transition over instantly to the new ticket/pass when you upgrade.

To be safe, I would also use the MM before you upgrade the ticket just because the ticketing system is kind of wonky. I know that MM is lost when you upgrade from a regular ticket to an AP (because APs don't qualify for MM), but I'm not sure whether adding the PH would cause the MM to be lost (mostly because pre-purchased PH tickets also qualify for MM). If you have time, you can try contacting Guest Services to see if they have an answer (while the CMs are not infallible, it's a starting point).
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/help/email/

Have personal expirence. Knew going into I would lose it so at the ticket booth I specifically asked and they gave us a special magic morning ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter