Will MLB have to abandoned the shortened season?

Yup, I read that they're having a lot of issues with pitchers.....arms are giving out because they ramped up quickly to start this joke of a season. More guys opting out left and right. And yes, double headers are 7 innings.....it's legit little league now.

The Rays starting pitchers started out pitching 2 innings & are increasing from there. We have played teams that left their pitchers in for 7 innings from day one. I can definitely imagine those pitchers suffering injuries. I suppose it's a hard decision to make. Do you risk your pitchers arms or risk getting so far behind that you'll never catch up in a 60 game season? I personally think the pitchers arms are the top priority, but it's no fun losing either.

Yeah, and I saw something about the double-headers might be shortened to make them less problematic.

I think a previous poster was right -- we're gonna get to T-Ball pretty soon!
They are 7 innings

Doesn't matter. It's all about the TV revenue.

Of course it is. There is no other logical reason to have sports right now other than money. I was actually interested in the number and was hoping someone had the numbers handy, so I didn't have to do the research. ;)

Doesn't matter. It's all about the TV revenue.

The Miami Murder Hornets resume play tomorrow in Baltimore. Not sure what the St. Louis Turkey Vultures plans are.

And how about the Houston Asteroids......are they still holding off 'til November?? (Yes I had read something about a possible asteroid heading this way that month.)

Baseball added new protocols last night to help keep players safe.

The new protocols include a requirement for everyone to wear masks at all times, except for players when they are on the field. That includes all coaches and umpires, and also requires them to all wear masks in the hotel and in public places on the road.
Clubs are also required to reduce the size of traveling parties to only the truly essential, with the team compliance officer required to make sure they’re not dragging extraneous people around. The policies also outline changes to policies for travel, to prohibit gatherings of people in common spaces, eating near each other, and to create more space in planes and buses. It also prohibits players from visiting bars, lounges, malls, and other places where people gather.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ls-to-teams-warns-suspensions-for-violations/

So this wasn't required from the outset? No wonder they failed. Amazing more teams weren't wiped out.
Good question. Maybe they were originally suggestions and not requirements and they expected adult ball players to act responsibly.

BASEBALL PLAYERS???? Good luck with that!

They're not supposed to argue and a manager just got tossed. And there was a pretty big fight today after a batter got hit by a pitch twice in the same game. The batter kind of jawed with the pitcher but what really happened was that a coach on the bench started jawing with the him when he was on 1st and then the benches cleared.

This is probably going to result in multi-game fines because they clearly didn't want opposing players to get this close to each other.

It's another Eddy Alvarez day in Miami!

Eddy is the 30 year old rookie Olympic Silver Medal speed skater who got called up as an infielder for the Marlins. In his first 3 games, Eddie showed some stellar defense at 3rd, SS, and 2nd -- but not surprisingly went 0-9 at the plate. That happens to rookies in the excitement of FINALLY making it to the Bigs and facing the world's best pitching for the first time.

Eddy rested yesterday, and today had a game of firsts. First hit, first stolen base, first double -- which was within a couple of feet of being his first MLB home run. He was 3-4 overall, and also reached on an error. He's now hitting .231.

AND he made two incredible defensive plays. One is shown in this video -- another unbelievable catch that mere mortals simply don't make.

The other was a great stop on a bad throw from the catcher on an attempted steal, and a lightening tag. The ump called safe, but Mr. Rookie had the confidence to call BS, an appeal was conducted, and the runner was indeed OUT.

https://www.mlb.com/marlins/video/eddy-alvarez-s-game-of-firsts-vs-mets?t=faces-in-new-places

They're not supposed to argue and a manager just got tossed. And there was a pretty big fight today after a batter got hit by a pitch twice in the same game. The batter kind of jawed with the pitcher but what really happened was that a coach on the bench started jawing with the him when he was on 1st and then the benches cleared.

This is probably going to result in multi-game fines because they clearly didn't want opposing players to get this close to each other.
That's a problem with no fans in the stands. All that jawing and chirping, which is usually a harmless part of the game, is heard by everyone. In any case, Castellenos hit Laureano on Friday and twice again today. AFAIC, the Astros deserve everything they get.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter