Will MK have 8am opens during party dates again this year?

TigerLaw

DIS Veteran
maybe i am just missing it, but I don't see that they changed the hours yet to 8 a.m. park opens during party dates like they did last year.

How far in advance did they announce this last year? How did it impact fastpasses? I did the other staggered opening times move up as well (for example the character greetings)

thanks in advance for the help!

I know they announced it less than 60 days out for my trip because I was able to move my mine train FP up to an early time (before 9 am) when I previously could only get a 3 or 4 time. So it will open up a whole extra hour of FP (and some people will move their times opening up later FP as well). I don’t recall scheduled character meets (buzz, Merida, etc) changing but perhaps I’m wrong. My absolute favorite was the 7 am EMH for MK during party season. It was still dark at 7 am and the park had that cool Halloween feeling. We got some great pics on Main Street and I think it being dark still kept people from wanting to get up so early lol.

maybe i am just missing it, but I don't see that they changed the hours yet to 8 a.m. park opens during party dates like they did last year.

How far in advance did they announce this last year? How did it impact fastpasses? I did the other staggered opening times move up as well (for example the character greetings)

thanks in advance for the help!

Historically, not all party dates have had 8am openings.

Last year, MNSSHP dates had:

9am openings: 22 dates (Aug, Sept, and some Oct)
8am openings: 10 dates (Oct)

BUT, last year MNSSHP dates had 7pm park closing hours, not 6pm like they are doing this year (the 6pm close on party dates was implemented for MVMCP last year). So TBD if that fact influences a shift to more 8am openings. Disney did just do a somewhat big Sept hours update this past Friday and none of the party dates in Sept changed, still 9am openings. Granted park hours can change at any time.

For MVMCP in 2017, if I'm not mistaken all but one date had an 8am opening. But also a busier time of year than late Aug/Sept.

As to when Disney updates hours - it can be anytime of course... but lately they've been doing a somewhat bigger update for the following month early/mid-month the month before. When hours are added, FPs are usually loaded into the system withen a few days (it's not instant).

GA, thanks so much for the information! I was starting to get worried as I have Christmas party tickets and had not seen any changes to the Halloween party opening times. This gives me hope for 8 a.m. times to come in December.

GA, thanks so much for the information! I was starting to get worried as I have Christmas party tickets and had not seen any changes to the Halloween party opening times. This gives me hope for 8 a.m. times to come in December.

No problem.

FWIW, Disney recently (like the last 2-3 weeks) cancelled a few Sunday EMM dates in November that had previously been bookable (the dates in question are also party dates too). No guarantees of course, but we're all speculating it's because park hours will eventually be changed to 8am openings on those days. I know not December, but perhaps provides some clues as to what'll happen in Nov and continue into Dec.

I just booked EMM date for October 7 a couple of days ago. That is also a MNSSHP day. I think that is a sign they will maintain the 9am open that day.

I just booked EMM date for October 7 a couple of days ago. That is also a MNSSHP day. I think that is a sign they will maintain the 9am open that day.
Oct 7th is not a MNSSHP day. They move the party from Sunday to Monday on Columbus Day weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter