Will Minnie Van pick up anywhere on property now?

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by disneyandme, Mar 11, 2018.

1. disneyandme

disneyandme DIS Veteran

I have the app already on my phone from a trip in Sept. This time we are staying at the Hilton in Disney Springs- so technically on property. Will Minnie van pick us up there in the morning (early) and take us to MK?

2. Fern

Fern Mouseketeer

It's still only certain resorts, at least that what the driver we had a few days ago said. WE used one a couple of times for fun, but generally used a regular Lyft to get around quickly (we did not need a car seat)

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. FCDub

FCDub DIS Veteran

If you've previously used it, you have access to it anywhere on property. I'm not actually sure the Hilton in DS is considered on property, though.

Hopefully likes this.
  5. Fern

Fern Mouseketeer

When we first used it, the CM at the concierge at the resort had to text me a special link in order for the Minnie Van to show up as an option on the Lyft app. I wonder if that's why?

6. FCDub

FCDub DIS Veteran

Yes. For new users, it's still limited to a number of resorts. But once you've unlocked the service by staying at one of those resorts, you're able to use it on subsequent trips no matter where you're staying.

7. JimMIA

JimMIA There's more to life than mice...

I'm pretty sure MV will NOT pick up at non-Disney resorts. I don't think they even pick up at Swan/Dolphin or other non-Disney resorts which actually are located on Disney land. The intent is not to provide a convenience. The intent is to provide a benefit to guests at higher level Disney resorts.

8. AngiTN

AngiTN DIS Veteran

Correct, it will only pick up at Disney owned and operated resorts. It's not based on location it's based on who owns the resort. If Disney doesn't own it, they don't service it. Period. Doesn't matter if you have access to the vehicle or not.

9. AngiTN

AngiTN DIS Veteran

Correct. I will note however, this trip we returned from (went from 9th to 13th) we tried 3 different times to request a Minnie Van, at various times, never got one. Once was an hour after MK closed, which was 3 hours after the other parks closed. And it was 3 hours after HEA, so not even really close to fireworks. The other times were not at peak times at all. I tried several times each time too, not just once. They have really, really, really over extended it now. I would NOT count on it at this point. Luckily for us we weren't. It was going to be a treat for DGD's birthday trip. Nothing more.

10. tjmw2727

tjmw2727 DIS Veteran

Interesting - we used them a few times in December and January and I was thinking of using one as a treat for my kids/nieces and nephew later this month. The kids are going to a waterpark one day while the adults relax by the pool and I was thinking of sending them one way in a Minnie Van as a treat. Transportation to the water parks is such a pain now I thought his would be a fun/safe alternative than having them take the bus or having someone drive them.

Thanks for the heads up !

11. AngiTN

AngiTN DIS Veteran

We've used them several times in the past too. Never had any other times where they never paired. Well, take that back. 1 time it timed out but I tried again and it paired us right up. I believe this was in October. I don't know that we ever used it on our January trip, I think we did regular vehicles each time during that trip. But we sure couldn't get one this time. Wouldn't even time out

tjmw2727 likes this.