• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

will I need to buy express tics for IOA on a weekday in mid-oct?

TigerLaw

DIS Veteran
I am planning to hit IOA on a mon, tues, or wed. in mid october and was wondering if anyone thought the crowds would be bad enough that I would need to buy the new express ticket book or not? if not, can only give me a sense of just how crowded it will be?

thanks for the help!

I'm not a universal expert, but I did go last year and only got the free express passes for a couple of the shows which after going I realized I didn't need them after all since the crowds were small. I didn't go on alot of roller coasters, but did do spiderman 3 times and the longest wait was 20 minutes right with no express pass. You can still get free ones so I would judge the crowds first before I paid money for them.

You'll be fine. Arrive to the park early before they open, and your lap around IOA will be walkon rides. They open at 9am, so be at the gate by 08:15am. Yeah, it can be boring waiting for 45 minutes, but it goes fast. Going thru the gate first gives you a huge advantage over everyone else. You hit Hulk, Spiderman, Dr. Doom, back to Hulk to get an express pass, then continue clockwise around the park to the water rides.

I'd say no. You'll likely be upset that you spent the extra money uneccesarily. Remember, you would be buying a book that includes an Express Pass for each Express attraction. Not a book that can be used as you please (ie, use 5 for Spidey and 5 for Hulk.) The Express passes for Dudley, Cat, Popeye, Poseidon, JPRA, etc. will be virtually worthless mid-week in mid-October. Also, as I understand it, the books may not even be available during non-peak times.

I agree with everyone else. I have been going down to Universal every October for the last three years and if you get there early you can fly thru all the major rides of IOA before noon.

Phil from PA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter