Will I lose FP’s by switching from rack rate to DVC rental?

Elle :)

DIS Veteran
I have a reservation at OKW coming up soon. We are AP holders and booked all our fast passes at the 60 day mark. I have the option to rent through DVC for a couple hundred less than I’m currently paying (not even including the $ I’ll save on hotel parking). Here’s my question. If I switch to the DVC rental, will I lose all my Fast passes? Does anyone have experience with this?

Last edited:
You should not but just to be safe book the DVC room and verify it is in your account via MDE. After that call member services directly and have them cancel your original reservation.

I did the exact same thing last November without issue.

You'll want to make sure to book the new reservation before cancelling the first. You must have an on-site reservation booked to have FP more than 30 days out

Thank you @Brett Wyman and @bfost87 for your help.
The reservations were both for the same hotel, Disney’s OKW. I added the DVC reservation my MDE account and I will call tomorrow and have the other one removed. Crossing my fingers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter