Will I have "Splenda" good time or should I stay home on the "Ranch"?

Biggsfamily

Earning My Ears
My family of 20 are traveling together on the Galveston Spring Break cruise on March 9th. A few of the folks I am traveling with are very particular about their condiments. Will the Magic have Splenda (the yellow packets) because a few in the group don't do sugar or sweet n low, and they dislike Equal (blue packets).

Likewise, my wife is looking very forward to the chicken strips by the pool. Will she be able to get a side of Ranch for dipping or will I be smuggling along bottles if Ranch dressing on board with wine?

Biggsfamily

Bring your own Splenda. They have all 3 artificial sweetners on board, but they are nasty knock offs. They have an awful chemical taste. We just bring our own stash of Splenda with us.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

They have ranch available at the counter service that serves the salads. It's right out there for self serve so you can get a side of it. I always get some for my grilled chicken sandwich.

You can also get a low cal ranch (don't remember the brand) at the counter service that has chicken strips. I got it there all the time for my salad.

Bring your own Splenda and then write a nasty comment on the comment card. It won't help, but if they keep getting enough feedback, they someday might go back to the good stuff. One server told me he has at least one family on each cruise that wants real Splenda.

The stuff they have is called NutraSweet Yellow and it is AWFUL. The first time I used it, I wasn't paying attention--immediately was trying to figure out what was wrong with my tea. Wicket, chemical, icky taste.

And for those who like honey mustard with their chicken strips, I recommend bringing your own Ken's honey mustard, which DCL used to provide, the heinz stuff they have now is nasty. I guess the heinz is cheaper for the cruiseline, but it tastes it!

We took our own Splenda on our first cruise based on recommendations I read here. Ended up not using it. I had no problems with the Splenda knockoff on board. Admittedly, I'm not a picky eater!

Thanks for the thread. We have been on 3 cruises in the past (so, you'd think we would remember), and have one for next year. DD is already inquiring whether she needs to take Ranch Dressing for her chicken strips/ vegetables/ fish. I needed the reminder that they do have it by the salads.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter