Will I be able to get 4th, 5th + fastpasses after 3 or 4pm at MK on a heavier crowd day?

So, I took a look around 4:00 yesterday being a Saturday, non-party night (Touring Plans put it at an 8 for reference). Here are a few that I found for 3 people. 7DMT I didn't bother trying to move up and I wouldn't have been happy with that if I were there but just showing that even 7DMT can be found later in the day.

View attachment 460112View attachment 460113View attachment 460114View attachment 460115View attachment 460116

I want to be you JETSDAD! LOL. You always easily find amazing FPs. I have never had quite that same experience, but we always do pretty well and I'm happy with what we are able to get!
I have never had the "I couldn't get any 4th+ FPs" either. We are always able to get more good ones.

So, I took a look around 4:00 yesterday being a Saturday, non-party night (Touring Plans put it at an 8 for reference). Here are a few that I found for 3 people. 7DMT I didn't bother trying to move up and I wouldn't have been happy with that if I were there but just showing that even 7DMT can be found later in the day.

View attachment 460112View attachment 460113View attachment 460114View attachment 460115View attachment 460116

Thank you this is amazing!! Our main goal is to grab another fastpasses for Haunted Mansion.

7DMT popped up for 705p-805p this week. I'm afraid to cancel it because I don't think I'll be able to do a long wait very early or very late to do standby, but.. I won't be able to get new FPs until after, losing much of the day. Doesn't seem like I'll be able to move it earlier either. Would you cancel? I also have Peter pan at 5pm, so if I was to keep that, it is only another 2 hours I guess.

7DMT popped up for 705p-805p this week. I'm afraid to cancel it because I don't think I'll be able to do a long wait very early or very late to do standby, but.. I won't be able to get new FPs until after, losing much of the day. Doesn't seem like I'll be able to move it earlier either. Would you cancel? I also have Peter pan at 5pm, so if I was to keep that, it is only another 2 hours I guess.
If you’re planning on keeping Peter Pan, I’d keep Seven Dwarfs 2 hours later. It really depends on your plans for the day. We often make later fp’s as our first 3 fp’s of the day when we plan to sleep in or have other plans for the day.

The easy workaround to that is to just use the mobile site as it still functions the same way that the app used to.
:confused3Now, I am confused and showing my lack of technology skills. I thought when someone mentions a mobile site that that is the exact same thing as an app on my phone. I thought all the app was was a direct link to the mobile site and not something different. :teacher: It is thanks to people like you, jetsdad, and others here that I know as much as I do. :thanks:

Looking at wait times this morning, it would seem everyone is at AK and DHS. Maybe the MK and EP guests will have good luck today!

Looking at wait times this morning, it would seem everyone is at AK and DHS. Maybe the MK and EP guests will have good luck today!
Maybe it's all relative/expectations, but it doesn't feel that way! 50 minutes for Dumbo at 11am?!

Keep trying to move both of them up by refreshing - especially the night before and morning of before park open. Those are times when people are changing plans and FPs become available sometimes.

Thanks for the responses. Quick update. I decided to keep the 5pm Peter Pan and the 7pm 7DMT, and got extremely lucky. I had FP for Winnie the Pooh early in the afternoon just for three of the five in my party. It malfunctioned during that time (we weren't there yet) so I got the wildcard FP. Even better, everyone left because of the malfunction and we happened to walk by right after it was fixed - so all five of us got right on. We used the wildcard FP along with riderswap on Space Mountain, and then did riderswap on 7DMT when it was our FP time. So my three Pooh FPs turned into (in effect) five Pooh FPs and five Space Mountain FPs, and riderswap turned our three 7DMT FPs into (in effect) five 7DMT FPs. After a day with lots of bad luck at Seaworld the day before, this felt pretty sweet.

The Pooh incident certainly made it easier to keep FP status quo (not having flexibility until 7pm to book new FPs), but I wouldn't have canceled anyway because very few worthy FPs were turning up during the day, no matter how much I refreshed.

Thanks to everyone for all you do to help others manage all this. I can't imagine waiting two hours for Space Mountain or (especially) 7DMT, so these strategies were real game changers for my family's experience.

Same here. We were just there this past weekend. Friends had been telling me for months how awesome FP was and how easily you could grab additional selections after you use your initial ones.

And that wasn't our experience AT ALL.

We stayed on site and I'd say our initial FP selections we solid, but for the most part the only same day selections we were allowed to make were for attractions with no standby lines anyways.

Did you try refreshing, multiple times in a row?

I think this is a reasonable expectation for people to be able to do pretty easily with persistence. If people Who haven’t spent time refreshing before expect this level of success you may be really happy. You may be able to do much better. You may be able to get all the headliners like some of the people here have success doing. If so, thank the Disney gods and enjoy it. But not everyone has that level of success. Don’t set your expectations that that will work for you that easily. Expect less and you’ll be happy if you get more.

I can refresh for half an hour and not get BTMR Space or 7DMT at a reasonable time. I have lucked into rides like that at a great time on occasion and I always try for them but I also limit my refresh time to 15 mins to avoid having my nose in my phone. I just don’t count on being able to get major Headliners in my planning.

Well, there's reasonable, and there's reasonable - getting 7DMT at any time for a fourth FP is reasonable, IMO. Getting them to be "at a reasonable time" is pushing your luck, IMO. Sometimes it happens, but getting one at all (and then trying to modify the time) is a good deal, IMO.

I was at MK on Monday on the 16th of Dec and the selection was awful. Ended up just fast passing Haunted Mansion at 10PM at night as everything was at 3 or 4PM.

Huh? Why not just jump on the 3 PM Fp+ then grab the 10 PM HM one after?

Well, there's reasonable, and there's reasonable - getting 7DMT at any time for a fourth FP is reasonable, IMO. Getting them to be "at a reasonable time" is pushing your luck, IMO. Sometimes it happens, but getting one at all (and then trying to modify the time) is a good deal, IMO.
There seems to be a lot of variability in what people can get. Some would have no problem getting 7DMT in a relatively short amount of refreshing. It’s just that that doesn’t work for everyone.

It also depends on what size you’re looking for. I could probably get 7DMT at a late evening time for a party of 2 or 3. So yes, in that case I agree with you that it’s probably reasonable.

I’m looking for 5 typically. So my options are to look for 5 which I don’t typically have success with for 7DMT or look for 2 and 3 and get them to overlap which is a fools errand for me since just getting one for 2 or 3 would take a long time, never mind getting them overlapping We could ride at different times of course but all that is a lot of work to end up splitting up the family for 1 ride. So it’s not reasonable for me to count on getting all of us a headliner.

Other people do have different experiences but I don’t like to see people who are new to refreshing have really high expectations and then be disappointed when really, even if you don’t have the amazing level of success some people have, it’s still a huge benefit.

party of 3

HS 29th: tsm, ij, star tours, fantasmic
MK 30th : tea, sm, btm, jc.
Epcot 31st: 2 soarin, figment, test track
HS 1st: tsm, rnrc, tot

rope drop - hit the biggies, you’ll get 2-3 probably
use your 3 FP by 1:00
be sure to tap out at rides of tier 2 as needed, they won’t magically go away

i grabbed a decent FP asap after entering que, then change it, keep looking and refreshing options in app, seems programmed to fill less popular rides and shows. Also, near the top of the hour seemed prime for some reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter