Will dogs be allowed at a DVC resort??

Oh dear! I can see how some would be happy about this....but I don't think it's a good thing. Interesting that the phone number it tells people to call on the bottom of the article is DVC member services....hmmmm I wonder if this is even legit?

Interesting! IF they make any DVC "pet-friendly", I predict it would be OKW.

Hopefully never. I love my corgis to death but they bark and are tough on people with allergies. Shed like maniacs. And why would anyone want to deal with all that while on vacation???

Yep, I have two. And they shed - there are a few people who can't come over to my house. And when anyone walks by they bark. And any service people who come to my house tell me mine are well behaved compared to most. I love my dogs - the do make travel difficult, but they are dear to me, and my kids are well past nap age, but I can't imagine trying to put my kids down for a nap in a room where the dog next door needs to let you know someone is walking by the room, or their are kids in the pool, or all the other very important "jobs" dogs do.

My baby - who is supposed to be a Australian Cattle dog mix, is currently jumping on the back of the couch - we think the other part of him is goat - he climbs everything, eats everything - and is darn cute doing it. But its my furniture I'm letting him jump over - not the memberships.

I think at the cabins would be fine. As long as Disney does an allergy cleaning after each visit.

Not a good idea and probably hard to regulate pet only rooms. I think even with an "allergy cleaning" there would still be dander left on curtains and on rugs and bedding. One of the triggers for my son's asthma is dogs/dander we have rented so called pet free homes and still have had an issue because they obviously allowed dog at some point in time.

They have the pet boarding so why the need to allow them in the rooms.

I hope this does not happen. Between the noise, smells, body fluids and no doubt fleas that come with pets in the units it will be a disaster. I hope Disney isn't that money hungry to continue with this STUPID idea. After 50 years of having the kennels to take care of pets, what idiot decided this is a good idea?

POR, AA, YC & FW
How soon before they come to DVCs?
Checkout this article:
https://www.clickorlando.com/theme-parks/select-disney-world-resorts-to-start-welcoming-dogs

This is a very GOOD Question. Let's get our CONTRACTS out.... any mention of Dogs? Will DOGS impact member costs for MAINTENANCE, BREAKAGE, and other listed items concerned with upkeep?

Allow DOGS in a DVC - if it's not in the CONTRACT? It's a unilateral CONTRACT alteration. Which opens the door to a Class Action Lawsuit.

Now - well aware that the DVC CONTRACT is written in favor of WDW. But does DVC actually want to go through this grief, right now, with so many points at so many resorts, unsold?

This would be corporate suicide. No, they will try this in rack locations.... and I pity the poor Mousekeepers :(. They just don't need this extra burden :(.
All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

Huge dog fan, but I'd say only at the campgrounds. The cabins seem like they could work for pets.

As an asthmatic triggered by allergies including dogs and cats, I would be demanding a different room if a dog had been in the room previously. It only takes 1 foot step into anyone’s house who has pets for me to sense that they have pets in there house, even if the owner keeps their house spotless. Housekeeping would have to steam clean the floors, walls, and curtains, and wipe down ever inch of the villa for me not to know that a dog was in the room. I wish this wasn’t the case with my health, but I bought in with the knowledge that the DVC villas were not pet friendly. I don’t stay at hotels that are pet friendly for this very reason, because even if they are cleaned above industry standards I can always tell that a pet has been in the room and will have problems with breathing. Luckily for me my asthma isn’t life threatening but for many others it is and should be a serious consideration.

Hope they don't allow dogs to be left alone in the room and glad I am not a housekeeper.

Most likely, flea problems would be "prevented" by spraying toxic chemicals in the room after a dog has checked out. I know that is done in "pet-friendly" hotel rooms. You can smell it.

And what might the cleaning fee be for a 2 or 3 BR, $150-200 per night?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts