Will Disney Refund an accidental reservation?

WillowRain

You can find me at Animal Kingdom!
I made all my ADR for Sept last week and somehow 1 of them defaulted to March, and so I just checked my CC and I have a 70 dollar charge. I looked at my confirmations and sure enough, I had booked Fantasmic at H&V for Sunday the 11th. Will they be nice and refund me for this mistake?

Yah I'm going to have to because chat is not letting me on. Grrr, I so don't have time for that

Im fairly certain they will. Last year I was on the dining plan, but when I made my reservations, I used my CC for a hold. They not only used my credits when I showed up (MB BBQ), but they charges my card as well. I went to guest services in one of the parks (Epcot) and they fixed it immediately.

Exact same thing happened to me a couple of days ago when I was making my ADRs for September as well (but for boma breakfast) :badpc:

I did that last year, except I caught it an hour before the ADR so the no-show fee hadn't been tacked on yet. I was meaning to book for 6 months later but did it for that same morning. I called and asked if it could be cancelled without the fee incurred and they said it was no problem and that it happens all the time.

Im fairly certain they will. Last year I was on the dining plan, but when I made my reservations, I used my CC for a hold. They not only used my credits when I showed up (MB BBQ), but they charges my card as well. I went to guest services in one of the parks (Epcot) and they fixed it immediately.
That’s very different

I made all my ADR for Sept last week and somehow 1 of them defaulted to March, and so I just checked my CC and I have a 70 dollar charge. I looked at my confirmations and sure enough, I had booked Fantasmic at H&V for Sunday the 11th. Will they be nice and refund me for this mistake?

Call them and ask. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Disney started the fee to discourage people from making multiple ADRs then blowing them, not to be punitive. Of course they can see why this was an accident.

Yup, I had the same thing happen when it defaulted to today and they had absolutely no problem cancelling it for me. I did notice before I was charged, but as said above.. they are not looking to make money on people by tricking them into making ADRs they can't make. Their system sucks and if they can't fix, that, they can at least fix the impact on people!

Of course they did.

This default-when-changing nonsense has been happening for at least an year, and I’m underestimating, and they know it.
You're not kidding on that. I got that default when changing junk happen to me in 2012 when trying to book Fantasmic. Had to call and explain what happened and I got someone that was nice enough to refund my "no show fee".

I had this same moment of panic when I booked at my 180-day mark, which was February 2nd for an August 2nd Boma breakfast reservation! In the rush of all things, it defaulted to today and clearly I couldn't make the reservation I had now made for 8 people (an "$80 value" of cancellation if you will). I panicked and changed the reservation for the right date, with no issues, all online.

To make sure, I waited an hour for the phone lines to open up and the lady who sounded like a fairy [chainsmoking] godmother on the other end told me that as long as I was able to change it online, I wouldn't be charged. While what she said was true, I don't think that was truly the mechanics of why I wasn't charged.

Great I better check my credit card bc I have been trying to make ADRS for days and the system is so screwy, bit somehow it got me a Skipper Canteen for yesterday... Im not going until Sept. I called and had them cancel and asked if I would be charged since it was the day of and she said no but now Im wondering

Edit to add: so far nothing but Ill keep my eye on it over the next week

Last edited:
I’ve done the same thing and they did refund the fee. I can’t imagine them not refunding it. It is and easy mistake to make. I always double check my ADRs when I’m done making them now bc I think I’m going to do it again!:badpc:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter