Will Disney or Won't Disney?

DizFan101

DIS Veteran
Last year in July, they offered Free Dining for the month of November which we gladly took part of. :cool1:

Does anybody think Disney will offer Free Dining for the winter months?
I hope so.

I am certainly hoping they do. I chose the week after Thanksgiving because it was included last year.

i chose the week before thanksgiving. it wasn't that crowded. we heard people talking that the 2nd week of november was the least crowded. i am hoping that disney will offer it again and we'll go the 2nd week of november... but maybe still the 3rd and maybe the entire family will go instead of my mom and i.
lol

I think the economy has rebounded enough that Free Dining offers are going to decline greatly. This offer isn't as good as previous offers due to the requirement of purchasing a photo book with this offer.

I'm a free dining naysayer. The offer really isn't as good as it's trumped up to be. You are paying rack rate on your room - and you are getting the dining plan thrown in.

If there were a free dining offer, compatible with a 40% off Room pin - now THAT would pique my interest!

We are DVC members, so it doesn't matter much either way for us.

But I think with the travel industry picking back up, Disney is definitely trying to wean guests off of deep discounts. The summer room offer they put out left much to be desired!

It will be interesting to see if other free dining offers come out!

Absolutely yes! :)

(I have nothing to base this on other than wishful thinking...but I wasn't expecting the free dining to be released again this year & it was...so I remain hopeful for our Nov trip!!:goodvibes Time will tell!)

On the article I read about Disney raising their ticket prices the spokesperson mentioned that Disney was planning on pulling back on many of the discounts since the economy is recovering, so I don't think we're going to see as many discounts as in the past.

What is this economic recovery you all are referring to? Certainly not feeling it here in MI. :confused3

I think the economy has rebounded enough that Free Dining offers are going to decline greatly. This offer isn't as good as previous offers due to the requirement of purchasing a photo book with this offer.

I'm a free dining naysayer. The offer really isn't as good as it's trumped up to be. You are paying rack rate on your room - and you are getting the dining plan thrown in.

If there were a free dining offer, compatible with a 40% off Room pin - now THAT would pique my interest!

We are DVC members, so it doesn't matter much either way for us.

But I think with the travel industry picking back up, Disney is definitely trying to wean guests off of deep discounts. The summer room offer they put out left much to be desired!

It will be interesting to see if other free dining offers come out!

We took advantage of free dining back in August 2009 and it was a GREAT deal for us then. $82/night per room at Pop (lowest rack rate) x 2 rooms and 7 of us got free dining. Now, THAT was a deal! And it was the regular dining plan then, not the QS dining plan you get with the values now. So basically for $164/night we got 2 rooms at Pop AND free dining for 7 people. Really can't beat that!! Heck, on our most recent trip, it cost us about $140 not including tax or tip for 7 of us just to eat one character breakfast!

This last trip, though, now we're DVC members and our kids did the YES class and we got discounted park tickets. With the full kitchen now, we eat a lot of meals in the villa.

What is this economic recovery you all are referring to? Certainly not feeling it here in MI. :confused3

:thumbsup2 My thoughts exactly, except i'm in MO.
To the OP-
I am really hoping and almost expecting that yes, it will once again be offered for that time period. I laugh when people say there are much better discounts. Nope, there isn't a better discount for us! Free dining saves my family almost $200 a night. We stay at a value or moderate, we price it out each time, and no room discount compares.

I really wish they would but I seriously have my doubts. They have found it within to increase tickets prices overall and food prices while still expecting the same or more revenue from travelers. I really don't think they will do it until they see another downturn in their revenue. :sad1:

I hope it happens for you. I know I didn't see anything for October. I was told usually start of June. It's not 21st of June. I see no discounts for the week I"m going.

I find the free dining to be worth it because it does save my family some cash.
We have to pay the $10.00 for the basic because usually with the value resorts you only get the "Quick Service" for free, but for $10 extra bucks a day compared to the full prize of dining is worth it. but i'm hoping i can convince my mom to stay in moderate. We deserve it. ;)

I hope it happens for you. I know I didn't see anything for October. I was told usually start of June. It's not 21st of June. I see no discounts for the week I"m going.

Historically, October discounts come out in July and even as late as August. I believe the current general public offers end in mid-late Aug. I would expect something to come out within a week of those offers ending, but hopefully sooner. Hoping whatever it is will get released to Disney Visa holders first. That is a nice perk for having the card.

Recovering,,LOL

CNN made a report due to economy NOT rebounding 61% of americans WILL NOT be going vacation this yr.

I don't know where the exact thread was, maybe the nov. 2011 thread but someone the thread mentioned they had gotten a code for Free Quick Service Dining at values and moderates for November excluding the weeks around Thanksgiving. So usually when the pins start coming out sometimes that is a pre-cursor to the public pin being released later on! Here's to hoping! :wizard:

I don't know where the exact thread was, maybe the nov. 2011 thread but someone the thread mentioned they had gotten a code for Free Quick Service Dining at values and moderates for November excluding the weeks around Thanksgiving. So usually when the pins start coming out sometimes that is a pre-cursor to the public pin being released later on! Here's to hoping! :wizard:

I thought Disneyland, not Disney World this time.

:thumbsup2 My thoughts exactly, except i'm in MO.
To the OP-
I am really hoping and almost expecting that yes, it will once again be offered for that time period. I laugh when people say there are much better discounts. Nope, there isn't a better discount for us! Free dining saves my family almost $200 a night. We stay at a value or moderate, we price it out each time, and no room discount compares.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Free dining saves us a boat load of money!

And yes...where is this better economy??? Still thousands struggling here in MN!!

Just saw a free dinning pkg this morning for Aug-end Sept. dates on facebook. I'm guessing more will come:goodvibes

I think free dining has ruined the quality of food, service, and value for price paid for food at Walt Disney World.

We avoid free dining periods because the restaurants are packed, you can't get decent reservations, and it just seems that the whole experience is a little more annoying than it should be.

I think the Food & Beverage side of the house doesn't care for the free dining plan either.

If Disney thought that free dining would fill the resorts to the rafters, and it was a good deal for Disney, and the guests - I'm sure there would be some type of free dining offer almost year round. But it's not a good deal.

Do you save some $$$ - yes, I would say you do - but it's not a great deal in the end.

Not a fan of the free dining plan!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter