Will Disney have plans to start it's own shopping channel?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
With QVC and HSN the kings of shopping channels it sure would be nice if Disney developed it's own shopping channel called Disney Shopping Network and what it would be is a 24-hour shopping channel devoted to nothing but Disney merchandise and it would have exclusive items not sold on ShopDisney or stores such as Disney art clothing toys and Disney collectibles such as character autographed photos and any other collectibles. Disney Shopping Channel would also have special theme shows with merchandise at a special sale price. Among the theme shows would be
1. Marvel Day
2. Star Wars Day
3. Disneyland Anniversary Day
4. Disney Princess Special Day
With a format like this Disney Shopping Channel would be a smash hit and Disney fans would enjoy it very much and it would be an addition to ShopDisney and do very well in TV
What do you think of this?

Maybe ?????
But really why would they. This would cost ALOT to get no gain. The issue is limited quantity of items. Items sell out to quickly.

I think they'd do better with a weekly show on one of the shopping channels. Folks would know when/where to find them w/o the need to create a whole channel for just Disney shopping .... I don't honestly think anyone would watching that/purchase from it to make it a practical expenditure.

A dedicated disney shopping channel does not seem very feasible.
As previously mentioned by easyas123
A spot on an existing channel looks to be better on disneys pocketbook

I don't think they can make enough variety of product to sell constantly on a shopping channel.

Thats unless Disney buys another network, still sells other stuff but have a specific time for just Disney merchandise

Spend some time over at the shopping thread. The number of outlets for Disney related products clearly demonstrates any market out there is already being saturated. Bringing all that marketing, and visibility, to one channel would remove the Disney name from millions of eyeballs.

A Disney shopping channel would work miracles because with the popularity of HSN and QVC Disney's shopping channel would fit right in because a lot of Disney fans like myself would buy some of the merchandise and they would even do live shows from the parks telling you about the new park merchandise and it would be so cool. But if Disney was to do a shopping channel I hope it wouldn't be like JCPenney's shopping channel if Disney's shopping channel really did debut

This just doesn’t sound like a good idea at all. As the above poster mentioned-you have the “internet”. Never mind the existing supply chain issues and the park (since you are looking for a live show from there) is unable to keep new merchandise in stock due to scalpers. How would they monitor inventory from phone call orders and a 6 hour popcorn bucket line. 0 need for a shopping channel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!