Will disney board make major changes???

I'm not defending the Disney board or their practices, but I have a big time problem with Provident & this Denton character. How can a group that owns 2000 shares or less spearhead anything? Doesn't this man have bigger fish to fry (with his major holdings) or is there something personal going on here?

Does anybody have any insight?
:cool: :cool: :bounce: :cool: :cool:

I applaud Provident for having the guts to at least try to do anything while many others stand idly by. And my guess is Provident has backers/supporters that prefer to stay in the background.

One might ask the same question of many of us here.
Dave, I'm pretty sure we all know we need to get a life!;)

Luv2Roam, please explain why you applaud a guy who virtually has no standing within the financial realm of the company making such a fuss. Again, I'm not saying a fuss doesn't need to be made, but it would seem more legitimate coming from someone who votes more han 2000 shares.

I'd just hate to see the whole chance for reform/change get mucked up because of some two bit publicity hound or a guy with an axe to grind...

And if Mr. Denton happened to like one of us, someone who feels passionately about the Disney company, knows it's history, and is upset about it's direction?

We spend so much time telling young people that "it only takes one person to make a difference," but whenever someone actually stands up and tries to do something, we try to squash them. Perhaps we'd be better of telling the children, your voice only matters if you are rich, powerful and own a lot of stock. At least then we're setting up false hopes.

Jeez, if Mr. Denton could accomplish something with only 2000 shares, just think what could happen if the participants of Disney message boards pulled together. All told, that group has got to own more than 2000 shares.

JIMHO, if shareholders and others had started making fusses a long time ago, Disney wouldn't be in the mess it is today.
It's like a monster was created and no one wanted to rock the boat. Now people are finally rocking.

I agree with your sentiments Luv2Roam...But this Denton guy has virtually no Disney holdings...That's all I'm trying to say.

Hope, if Denton is just a closet Disney lover then we'll be ok...His reputation is that of rabble rouser though...Does Disney need to weakend further for his glory or worse yet to foster a takeover?

I'd love to see the Board take direct action and I'd love to see shareholder, partcularily institutional shareholders speak and act strongly...But a guy with 2000 shares just can't have the proper motivation IMO...

Why would anybody believe eisner and his hand picked board of cronies will affect any change/reform without somebody forcing them to do so??? They have had the ability to make changes/reform for many years but havent did so and this has caused the problems they are in right now!!!!!
Im all in favor of this group and would like the whole board and eisner to be gone and start with a new board that will do its job and make sure the CEO is accountable rather than rubber stamp everything he has done and just give him more stock options which has been how the current board has acted!!!

They have had the ability to make changes/reform for many years but haven’t did so and this has caused the problems they are in right now!!!!!
OH! BOB!! You are usually right on the money! But this time you are seriously mistaken!! ;)

They HAVE made changes!! Many, many changes! And not one of them has been a good change. They have CHANGED the philosophy slowly and surely over the years until the course of that philosophy changed from “Give the public everything you can give them” to "Give the company Executives everything we can give them (and screw the public)”. They’ve changed the “Where’s the Magic?” to the old Chicago motto, “Where’s mine?”!!

As far as I’m concerned they’ve made too many changes. Peter, don’t you agree!!??

Pirate, yes only 2000 shares. but he was able to gather something like over 15 other institutions together that may represent x million shares. If he convinces them to go along with whatever he wants, and those x million shares represents the majority vote, he wins.

This is what Mr. Gold and Roy Disney are trying to do. Alone they cannot beat Eisner. If they can get institutions to collectively vote with them, along with individual shareholders, they can beat Eisner. That's how they got rid of Miller. They got the Bass bros, and maybe some others, to buy enough shares and vote them to kick out Miller.

Shareholders own the company, not the board and the CEO. Ultimately it is the shareholders that have to change things if they don't like what is happening. And they do it by voting their shares.

Eisner and the board are depending on shareholders to not vote. That's how they stay in power.

So when you get your notice of the next annual meeting or, any special meeting, along with your ballot, VOTE !!! Your five shares alone may not mean anything, but if enough five, ten, twenty five, five thousand etc. individual shares are voted, you may have a chance to kick him out. Don't vote, there is definitely no chance. What's that saying? "Nothing ventured, nothing gained."

I vote my small number of shares all the time. Who knows, someday I might get a pleasant surprise.

That's my humble opinion. If you got this far, thanks for reading it. It is long and and preachy, but I didn't know how else to say it.

It is long and and preachy, but I didn't know how else to say it.
Naaaa...
That wasn't long and preachy. Hang out on this board for awhile. You'll see long and preachy soon enough!
:)

manning, your post makes great sense. If this guy is simply figure-heading a greater revolt & speaking "with" the voices of other (larger) institutional investors behind him, ok.

My whole point is the guy Denton seems like an opportunist and Bob I would think you as much as Landbaron would have had your fill of this type of individual by now...Who said Eisner or his cronies would effect change (other than you, Bob)? I fully realize change has to come from the big institutional shareholders ... of which Denton is NOT one.

I hope his sentiments are just but I'm skeptical of headline grabbers...

Oh, and manning, I'll vote my whoppng 100 shares...Maybe I'll hold the deciding vote!

One vote could be the deciding vote to implement change and thats why i always vote my shares.
DVC- i agree totally regarding all the negative changes that have been made, i was focusing on new changes to make things better, positive changes to get back to what the Disney Co once stood for but has now forgotten since Well's death!!
Peter-I cant say for sure if Denton is a opportunist or not but i know where eisner stands and what the results have been and change is needed and if denton's actoins can get the ball rolling rather than the current status quo im all in favor if it.

I wonder if Eisner plans on holding the next shareholders meeting REALLY remote to keep the negative voters away, like maybe Iraq? or Afganistan:p
There must be a new law with a small string in it passed lately by President Bush that will trip up Eisner.....Some new CEO line he has crossed to get him put in a federal "house".

He will probably have it in Hong Kong to supposedly help give a pr push to the park being built there!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter