Will Declining the Program affect me reapplying later?

Discussion in 'The College Board' started by Taylor Hawley, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Taylor Hawley

Taylor Hawley Mickey_Tay

Hi everyone! So I would preferably like to do DCP after I graduate (next Spring so I would be going in the fall 2019), but that would be my last chance to get in. I am afraid I won't get in, so I was thinking that I would "practice" applying so I would know how to get in at my desired time. My question is what if I got in while "practice" applying and would that affect me applying later? I am not sure if I would be able to reapply and have a chance of getting in if I declined it once already.
    If anyone knows anything about this please let me know! Thank you!

Newsies likes this.
  2. Newsies

Newsies Headlines don't sell papes.

Declining a role won't impact your future with the company. I know a person on the DCP Facebook groups who applies, gets accepted, and declines his offer every single season. He's been doing this since Spring 2015. Good luck!

3. SirTobyBelch

SirTobyBelch Still miss Light Magic

When I did my program back in 2005, I had declined and was accepted again the next year. From what I hear, it is the same now :)

4. Belle's-Library

Belle's-Library Earning My Ears

Definitely not a problem as far as I know! Go for it! Also @Newsies that's hilarious, why on earth does he do that?

5. Newsies

Newsies Headlines don't sell papes.

He definitely likes to push people's buttons a little bit, I'm fairly certain he does it JUST to say he does it :rotfl:

Belle's-Library likes this.