Will a preferred site fit a 40ft DP motorhome

ChiefM

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone!
I have tentative plans for a quick 3 day visit from March 29 – March 31 2019. This will be our first trip to the Ft in our motorhome and before I pay for the site I want to be sure that our 40ft. American Tradition will fit in a prefered campsite.

I have not decided if I am going to tow our Hummer yet but if I do will there be enough space to park the Hummer in front of the motorhome? We have an H2 hummer.

How hard is it to get from the FT to Disney Spring using a Disney bus if I don't pull the toad?

Thanks and Merry Christmas eve!

We have a 43' with a full size pickup and a golf cart on a preferred; our friends have a 45' with a van. Some sites are tighter than others but Disney will have one you fit in. There is a bus from the Outpost to the Springs.

Hey everyone!
I have tentative plans for a quick 3 day visit from March 29 – March 31 2019. This will be our first trip to the Ft in our motorhome and before I pay for the site I want to be sure that our 40ft. American Tradition will fit in a prefered campsite.

I have not decided if I am going to tow our Hummer yet but if I do will there be enough space to park the Hummer in front of the motorhome? We have an H2 hummer.

How hard is it to get from the FT to Disney Spring using a Disney bus if I don't pull the toad?

Thanks and Merry Christmas eve!

You should have no problems with your motorhome in a preferred. We have a 34' and always have lots of extra room. We do not tow a vehicle to FW as we always find the Disney transportation sufficient. Some sites might be a little tight with the size of your tow, and if transportation to parks is your only reason for bringing it, I would leave it home.

Just be sure there is room on your site, and not taking up any road space - this seems especially a concern in the 100 loop. :goodvibes

Have a great trip!

Chief,

Like others said, your MH will fit on nearly all the Preferred sites. Some (many) may be a little short to get a Hummer along with it. The biggest issue you may have is navigating around the loop or getting backed in. The Preferred loops can be tight on some of the corners and because many sites are short, you have to deal with people leaving vehicles right at the end of their sites. If you're really lucky, you get the person that leaves their vehicle into the road, right where you need to turn into your site.

The CMs at check in have a book that lists the sites and lengths. They should be able to help you find one where you will fit. As for the people parking near (into) the road. The best you can do is find an empty site you can get into and call up to the Outpost to see if you can be assigned that one.

Here are a couple of pics with our old 5er when we still fit in a Preferred. This is site 103. The trailer is 31 ft and the truck 22. The trailer rear wheels are on boards just at the edge of the coquina pad. The rear jacks are about half way into the pad. All 53+ ft of us fit, but barely.

IMG_20110528_151352sm.jpg IMG_20110528_151432sm.jpg

j

Thanks everyone but we had a change of plans! We are only going for 2 days just to get my sons first haircut at Disney World. Logistically it was easier to stay at the shades of green since it’s a short stay. Making plans to come back in the fall and do the MNSHP and stay at the fort!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter