Will 7DMT wreck BBB hair?

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by Ladyandthepuppies, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Ladyandthepuppies

Ladyandthepuppies Mouseketeer

I could only get an early evening fast pass for 7DMT and a late afternoon reservation at Bibbidi Boppity Boutique. So essentially DD will have her hair done for maybe 2.5 hours before going on 7DMT. Any thoughts on if 7DMT will wreck it? It's her fave ride but she's very excited for BBB so ideally she'll do both... but I hate the idea of wasting the BBB $ if 7DMT will leave her hairdo a mess.

I also keep thinking maybe we'll catch some pixie dust and I'll find an earlier 7DMT FP to swap it for, but I feel like the odds are very minimal. Anyone had success doing that? It's for the first week in Dec which is going to be a little crowded...

2. mom2rtk

mom2rtk Invented the term "Characterpalooza"

I'm pretty sure those hair styles can withstand hurricane force winds. If you can move it, do. But I wouldn't worry too much.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Ariel620

Ariel620 Earning My Ears

They stopped using the strong hold gel about a year ago. Put some in her hair before going into the boutique.

5. NYCgrrl

NYCgrrl DIS Veteran

Even without the strong hold gel I can't imagine much hair movement in the "doughnuted" top knot buns BBB is known for. To my way of thinking 7DMT is a mighty mouse type rollercoaster with lots of sharp turns and not as many steep drops/hair muss moments as say, Splash Mountain.

6. MomOTwins

MomOTwins The Mommy Fairy

My friend's daughter kept her hair in that style the entire week of their trip... one ride won't hurt it.

Childs1stTime2Disney likes this.
  7. Alli1988

Alli1988 Earning My Ears

Omg, off topic because I read they stopped the hair gel, but seriously remember when your kid could practically shower and it stayed!?! Uhhh the 11pm shower where we both ended up soaking because my daughter couldn’t just pass out so we could deal with it in the morning ) I can’t blame her. My daughter made it through dinner and wanted changed and hair out!!

Neytiri411 likes this.
  8. Capang

Capang DIS Veteran

I’d bring some spray. The buns may hold, but the braided styles and clip on hair styles may come loose. Use some extra spray before riding.

9. KateMW

KateMW DIS Veteran

NOTHING will wreck it.

ConnecticutNonna likes this.
  10. Neytiri411

Neytiri411 Mouseketeer

YES! We cold not get that gel out of my daughter's hair. I think I washed her hair 3-4 times and still felt it wasn't totally out.

11. NotUrsula

NotUrsula DIS Veteran

Take it from a figure skater's mom: the secret to removing gel is anti-chlorine shampoo, combined with the warmest water that will be safe. The trick is to wet the hair with warm water, coat it heavily with clarifying shampoo, and let the shampoo sit on the hair for 5 minutes before attempting to rinse it out, again with very warm water. Then repeat the process a second time.

Even strong hair gel isn't proof against Orlando's highly-chlorinated tap water, for that, you'd need to use Knox gelatin. (Which is what synchronized swimmers use on their hair. It forms sort of a stiff plastic helmet, and you need to add baking soda to your shampoo, or use a white vinegar rinse, to get it to break down.)

ConnecticutNonna likes this.
  12. ConnecticutNonna

ConnecticutNonna DIS Veteran

NOTHING in the planet will wreck that hair!!!
    Your daughter could hang her head out the window like a golden retriever in a speedboat and NOTHING will move. Bring tons of shampoo and conditioner, and plan on having sparkles found in the oddest places for the next 6 months! Lol

13. Ladyandthepuppies

Ladyandthepuppies Mouseketeer

Update: she loved BBB and her hair stayed in place after 7DMT! Some of her baby hairs on the back of her neck came out but other than that it was fine. And I have a hilarious picture now of my Princess Rapunzel sitting front row on a roller coaster :rotfl: