Wilderness Lodge. We are here now. Any questions?

Are the beds queen? Is teh bus stop a far walk? How is the boat service?

I am not the OP but I have stayed there several times and can answer your questions if you don't mind.

Yes the beds are Queen sized.

The bus stop is not far at all just off the lobby

The boat service to the Magic Kingdom and to Ft Wilderness and the Contemporary is very good. There are different boats for the MK and to the resorts.

If you have time do the tour of the resort. DH and I did it last month after staying there 3 times we really enjoyed it. It's offered everyday I think around 9 it's on the activity sheet.

I was going to ask about the tours! Are they still doing them? I'm hoping to take a tour in August.

Enjoy your stay!

Is the geyser working? It was down when we were there in March. If you eat at Whispering Canyon, try to get Rafael as your server. He was a riot!

Hi!!! Hope you're having a great trip so far! We leave in 4 days and I've been hearing about the love bugs.....have you seen many so far? I'm freaking out a little about them after seeing pictures and horror stories...please tell me to relax:worship:

We just returned from Disneyworld a couple days ago and I live in southwest Florida and yes,the lovebugs are bad. I have more of a problem with them at home than I did during our trip and they seem to gravitate toasted cars for some reason. Sometimes when I get out of the car one will jump in my hair. Very gross!

They shouldn't be too much of a problemat the resorts though.

How are the views from the rooms, and how is the transportation to and from the parks? :)

We were in 4152. This is a woods view/bunk bed room. Our view was nice. We faced the WL Villas pool. We had an open balcony. A lot of trees. Transportation was awesome to go to MK. The boats were always coming, and we never had to wait long. However, the buses to AK and DHS were hit an miss. We waited for 30 minutes for a bus to DHS on Monday the 2nd. Some people had been waiting for 40 minutes, but for the most part it was ok. I figured it is a matter of timing too. If you got there right after a bus left, you would have to wait longer than if you got to the bus stop when the bus was about to leave, if that makes sense. Hope this helps.

How are the views from the rooms, and how is the transportation to and from the parks? :)

Hi!!! Hope you're having a great trip so far! We leave in 4 days and I've been hearing about the love bugs.....have you seen many so far? I'm freaking out a little about them after seeing pictures and horror stories...please tell me to relax:worship:

Hi! You're probably there already. I know, I know...I was having so much fun I was a terrible correspondent. No need to worry. They're a little annoying, but no big deal. I noticed them only when we were driving and they were all over the DME bus...yuck! They were noticeable when you walked around the hotel, but they don't bite, and they were just a little annoying, especially when you are just trying to lay out at the pool, but no biggie.

Yes! I have a question. At the main pool are they doing any sort of Pool Party with music and games? They had been doing that last year at all the Deluxe resorts, but hadn't heard if they were continuing it through this year.

Thanks!

Yes! They do things like water balloon tosses, hula hoop contests, bingo, and little games like that that the kids really enjoy. They start around 2:00 p.m. at the pool. When you check in they will give you a list of pool activities. Hope this helps.

Is it worth the Deluxe pricing? or shall we stick to the POFQ?

Definitely worth it! It's all it's cracked up to be and then some. This was our 1st visit to WDW, and we cannot think of staying at another resort...ok, maybe the GF:)

Is there any construction going on at WL?

We did notice some guys working on the dock leading up to the boats that go to the MK and the FW, but that was it. They mostly worked at night. It looked like they were just replacing some wooden slats.

I bet the OP is having a great time on their vaca.... :goodvibes I just hope they come back and answer our questions! ;)

Haha! This is exactly what happened. Geraldo Rivera, I am not:rotfl2: I apologize for my terrible reporting. We just had so much to do, that we did not pull the computer out at all after the 1st night. This was our 1st trip, and we were so pleased with all our ADRs and the WL! It also helped that the parks were not crowded until Friday & Saturday (the day we left).

Just wondering if the "little" gator is still in the pond on the "woods view" side.:rotfl: It was there in Sept. and we loved looking for it every morning and evening!:lmao:

HA! That must be on the other side of the WL. If I can, I will post a pic of our view.

Are the rumors of resort mugs in purple and white actually true, or is it still just pink, aqua, and yellow?

I don't recall seeing a purple or white top to a mug. We got three, and they were blue, pink and yellow.

Are the beds queen? Is teh bus stop a far walk? How is the boat service?

Boat service= awesome! We took the boat to the MK, CR for Chef Mickey's and to the FW for MBYBBQ, and we never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a boat, if even that. Our room had one queen bed and a set of bunk beds, but I believe if you don't get bunk beds, then your room would have 2 queens. The walk to the bus stop isn't far at all. It was about a 5-7 minute walk.

Is the geyser working? It was down when we were there in March. If you eat at Whispering Canyon, try to get Rafael as your server. He was a riot!

Yes. The geyser was going off every hour on the hour! We ate at Whispering Canyon. Very good food and so nice to eat at your resort after you have gone from resort to resort to eat:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter