Wilderness Lodge - Sleeping Bags

kareneast

DIS Veteran
Will be staying at WL in January. Me, DH, DS, & DS's GF. We have requested a room with bunk beds. If our request for bunk beds is not met, DS will be sleeping on the floor. Will WL be able to provide us with a sleeping bag or should we plan on bringing one with us, just in case?

Karen

I think that WL will provide a cot for $15 a day. so tell him to bring his sleeping bag if you don't want the extra charge.

From the information I have The Wilderness Lodge doesn't have cot's but there wouldn't be room for one if you have two Queen size beds. So you may want to bring your own sleeping bag or Aero-bed. Hopefully you will be assigned a room with bunkbeds.

Just a thought here, but if you are willing to change over to AKL they have many more bunkbed rooms, and your chances of getting one will increase.

Luckily you'll be going at a slower time, so you may be okay.

Thank you all for your replies!!!!!

I guess we will pack a sleeping bag, just in case.

Good to know that AKL has more rooms with bunk beds then WL. I will remember that for future trips.

Karen

Just a thought, if you can get there early, you are more likely to get a room with bunk beds. They generally don't assign the rooms until you are standing right in front of the CM to check in.

Marie

Thanks for the info on getting there early. Our flight is scheduled to land at approx. 9:30am. We're using a town car service to get to WL. With any luck (no delays :D ) we're figuring we will be at WL before 11am. Hopefully that will be early enough.

Karen

kareneast

That should be early enough to get you the bunk beds but if they offer you a room that is ready, but no buck beds...just ask if you could wait until a room with the request you want is ready. They try to assign the rooms that are ready first as to most guest this is top priority.

Oh and the reason AKL has more bunk beds...simple...the AKL has around 1200 rooms while the WL has closer to 728 rooms.

Have a Magic Trip. :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter