Wilderness Lodge Nature View vs Garden view Garden Wing Contemporary

princessesintraining

Mouseketeer
Which would you chose and why? Cost difference is about $350 for our entire stay. We spend a lot of time park hopping, but we do plan resort/pool time every afternoon. We’ve stayed at WL before but never the Contemporary.

We are doing the opposite of you this time. We always do CR garden wing garden view but this time are doing WL nature view! We love CR, and have always had great rooms (big!) there. We like the modern look as well. But this time, it’s my daughters grad trip and she really wanted to try WL so that’s why we made the switch.

I don’t think you can go wrong with either actually. Just know that the garden wing/ gv is awesome, it gets a bad rap sometimes on these boards but it’s great! Enjoy!

I've never stayed in the Garden Wing, we prefer being in the Tower. For my wedding the Garden Wing was in the room block so a lot of my guests were there and I visited them. I felt like it was a little far from everything going on in the main building, but the area is really quiet. It's nice being able to walk to Magic Kingdom and Epcot is a quick monorail ride away. I love Wilderness Lodge, especially during the holidays. Since you've done Wilderness Lodge it could be fun trying out a new resort.

Which would you chose and why? Cost difference is about $350 for our entire stay. We spend a lot of time park hopping, but we do plan resort/pool time every afternoon. We’ve stayed at WL before but never the Contemporary.

I would choose CR. The rooms are substantially bigger than WL rooms and the pool slide is a tad more exciting (neither pool is great, IMHO). The pool activities at CR seemed to be a little more exciting as well, IMHO. If you have smaller children (under 48"), WL may be the way to go as the pool is smaller and they have a super cute splash play area. For older kids, the CR pool would be better IMHO. If you are park hopping, CR will give you a significant advantage with walking to MK and the monorail to EP (with a transfer at TTC). WL occasionally shares buses with Ft. W and feels like it takes FOREVER to get anywhere except MK. When staying at WL, we use lyft or Minnie Vans a lot to avoid the buses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter