Wilderness Lodge/Courtyard View/Room Request ?

Miss Ang

Mouseketeer
We are staying at Wilderness Lodge with a courtyard view. I thought I had saved a thread that talked about the rooms but I can't seem to locate it this morning.
Should I make any special request for our room?
Is a ground level room the best? Or do we want an upper level?
If we have an upper level room I know that I don't want a closed balcony.
Can you see the MK fireworks from any certain area better than another?
Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

We are staying at Wilderness Lodge with a courtyard view. I thought I had saved a thread that talked about the rooms but I can't seem to locate it this morning.
Should I make any special request for our room?
Is a ground level room the best? Or do we want an upper level?
If we have an upper level room I know that I don't want a closed balcony.
Can you see the MK fireworks from any certain area better than another?
Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

I usually request a 5th floor inner courtyard room. That way you do not need to worry about enclosed balconies. The only view of fireworks you might get would be of the higher ones through the trees, then you'd want a room at the end of the south wing.

Hope that helps. :confused3

Brian

Hi, when we stay at the Resorts we have never chosen to be on ground level, for us, being above and seeing everthing that is going on always seems better! For us, recently, to save money we have not been getting a balcony or special view, due to the fact that we are not in our room enough to pay extra for it. When paying though, a courtyard view is always breath-taking and beautiful to look out at, knowing Disney's attention to detail. When willing to pay extra I would suggest either courtyard, pool, or lake views. When we have stayed at WL, we have only gotten pool views and we found that the best way to see the fireworks is to go out on the pier where the boat comes in/out. With our pool views we have been able to see the water parade in the lake (just an added thought). I hope that helped! No matter what view, you will still have an amazing time- I mean c'mon it's Disney World the happiest place on Earth!:goodvibes

:thumbsup2

I do not recall seeing any part of MK with a courtyard view. The courtyard sort of faces away from MK.

I would request to be in the north wing (same side as roaring forks) upper floor.
The woods view and some standard view rooms in the north side are the ones that may have a view of MK fireworks. The courtyard views don't.

I usually request a 5th floor inner courtyard room. That way you do not need to worry about enclosed balconies. The only view of fireworks you might get would be of the higher ones through the trees, then you'd want a room at the end of the south wing.

Hope that helps. :confused3

Brian

I would request to be in the north wing (same side as roaring forks) upper floor.
The woods view and some standard view rooms in the north side are the ones that may have a view of MK fireworks. The courtyard views don't.

I actually have the same question, but I didn't want to start a new thread for the same thing! I don't care about seeing the fireworks at MK, but I want a room that is closer to Bay Lake than the pool area...should I ask for the end of the south wing? And if the north wing is the Roaring Forks side, if I ask for the end of the north wing, will I be close to the boats? I really want a quiet room, as far away from the pool as possible, but I still want to be courtyard! :rotfl: I figure inner courtyard is closer to all the action, so I'd rather be a little farther out from that!

Thanks, and hope the OP doesn't mind me asking a question on his/her thread! I just have no idea where to request a room! :rotfl:

I found this site w/ room info and a (slightly hard to read) layout it's on wildernesslodgesite . com

I am staying in November and I have a woods room booked but I just want something REALLY quiet -- i heard there can be boat noises and now i'm terrified. If i don't have a very (mostly) quiet room (at least no honking of any kind, ppl yelling, or dogs barking!) I will literally go crazy. So now I don't know what to request.

I booked a standard room at Wilderness Lodge in July, previously when I stayed there 5 years ago I was ugraded from standard to a pool/courtyard view, we had an open balcony. Will the standard room have an open balcony? Also what kind of view can I expect?

I actually have the same question, but I didn't want to start a new thread for the same thing! I don't care about seeing the fireworks at MK, but I want a room that is closer to Bay Lake than the pool area...should I ask for the end of the south wing? And if the north wing is the Roaring Forks side, if I ask for the end of the north wing, will I be close to the boats? I really want a quiet room, as far away from the pool as possible, but I still want to be courtyard! :rotfl: I figure inner courtyard is closer to all the action, so I'd rather be a little farther out from that!

Thanks, and hope the OP doesn't mind me asking a question on his/her thread! I just have no idea where to request a room! :rotfl:

If you want a quieter cy view room I would try to get closer to the lobby. That would put you farther from the pool, which is the main noisemaker at WL. Either end would be over the pool. North Wing is closer to the dock.

If you requested a Inner Courtyard close to the Lobby I think you would like it.

I found this site w/ room info and a (slightly hard to read) layout it's on wildernesslodgesite . com

I am staying in November and I have a woods room booked but I just want something REALLY quiet -- i heard there can be boat noises and now i'm terrified. If i don't have a very (mostly) quiet room (at least no honking of any kind, ppl yelling, or dogs barking!) I will literally go crazy. So now I don't know what to request.

Request a woods view on the South wing. That area is really quiet and pretty.

I booked a standard room at Wilderness Lodge in July, previously when I stayed there 5 years ago I was ugraded from standard to a pool/courtyard view, we had an open balcony. Will the standard room have an open balcony? Also what kind of view can I expect?

All standard view rooms in the north wing have open balconies, but they are over the service area. So request a 6th floor to have the best view/least noise.

There are 9 standard view rooms off the lobby that have balconies that are in the rooftop over the store/walkway to the bus stops, so they really have no view, but are on the 4th floor and have a beautiful view of the lobby with rocking chairs right outside the door.

So there are your choices.

Brian

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter