wilderness lodge - bunk and standard rooms

mmouse50

DIS Veteran
We (my son + his family and (me + son's mil) are planning a trip in 2013. Wanting to stay at WL - he needs bunk beds and MIL and I just need a standard room.

Does anyone know if you can get a Woods view bunk room and a standard view close together? I was planning on linking the reservations together in hopes of getting rooms close. They don't have to next door but the same side of the hotel and the same floor would be great.

I have looked on the map and see where the standard rooms are located and there are woods views down from them - what do you think my chances would be to get something reasonable close? Or should I just book a Woods view room also?

I have stayed in a standard view room it was on the same side as Roaring Forks and it wasn't a bad location. Overlooked the smoke house.

You could certainly request the two rooms be close to each other, but I think the odds of that request being met are a whole lot slimmer than if both rooms were booked as woodsview. I think you'd definitely be able to get them in the same wing of the hotel, but getting them on the same floor would be more difficult.

If you wouldn't be heartbroken if the rooms weren't on the same floor, I'd go ahead and book it as 1 standard view room and 1 woodsview bunk bed room with the request that they be close. There's certainly a possibility that you could be upgraded to a woodsview room. My understanding is that WL has very few standard view rooms and it's quite common (but not a guarantee, of course) for people booked into standard view rooms to be upgraded to woods view.

Not sure about standard view rooms. Though when we went a few years ago we had a woods view and my parents had courtyard. Those reservations were linked and we ended up across the hall from one another.

I just got back with a standard room view and if you want to hear the back up beeping at all hours of the night, go for it. I was quite annoyed with it when it started at 2, then 4 then 5 am with all the truck noises! Go for woods view

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter